28 replies to this topic

#1 tdot

tdot

Meow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Health, art, fashion, photography, music, my dog Penny.

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

I have been on the most STRICT candida diet there is, Bee's candida diet.... for 3 months now.... My skin is JUST started to show some improvement. This has been a long journey. I must have really messed up my body over the years for it to have taken THIS LONG to even see improvements.

Basically all I eat is meat and veggies and only nuts that are soaked.
NO high carb veggies like potatoes, carrots or sweet potatoes.
NO dairy (except for organic butter or ghee)
NO grains
NO sugar
NO fruit
NO canola oil/sunflower oil ect....

I've been fine on the diet, I fill myself up with meat and veggies and I down spoonfulls of coconut oil like 5 times a day. But I can honestly say I dont know how some people can do this for the rest of their lives. I feel like I can do it for a few months, but I want to eat my favourite foods again..... I want to LIVE again. I'm so paranoid about my diet that I cant go for dinners, I cancel plans with friends because I feel like I'll be tempted by the food their eating.... And yes the carb cravings are pretty much gone now, but it doesnt stop me from looking at someone eating a peice of toast with peanut butter and bannas on it and wanting to snatch it out of their hands and gobble it down. I dont know how people can DO this for years sand years..... I'm okay with it for now, but I feel like I would go crazy if I continue with this for much longer.

My goal is to finish one more month.... on November 1st I want to be done. I will slowly bring back higher carb veggies into my diet and some soaked grains and sourdough yeast free breads. My diet will be way different than before I started the candida diet.... I'm going to keep it lower GI and eat more fats and protein. I will hardly eat ANY sugar except for in lower sugar fruit.

What do you guys think? Any advice on how to wean myself off of the candida diet?

Thanks,

Taryn smile.gif

#2 Mr. Sweden

Mr. Sweden

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (tdot @ Oct 1 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been on the most STRICT candida diet there is, Bee's candida diet.... for 3 months now.... My skin is JUST started to show some improvement. This has been a long journey. I must have really messed up my body over the years for it to have taken THIS LONG to even see improvements.

Basically all I eat is meat and veggies and only nuts that are soaked.
NO high carb veggies like potatoes, carrots or sweet potatoes.
NO dairy (except for organic butter or ghee)
NO grains
NO sugar
NO fruit
NO canola oil/sunflower oil ect....

I've been fine on the diet, I fill myself up with meat and veggies and I down spoonfulls of coconut oil like 5 times a day. But I can honestly say I dont know how some people can do this for the rest of their lives. I feel like I can do it for a few months, but I want to eat my favourite foods again..... I want to LIVE again. I'm so paranoid about my diet that I cant go for dinners, I cancel plans with friends because I feel like I'll be tempted by the food their eating.... And yes the carb cravings are pretty much gone now, but it doesnt stop me from looking at someone eating a peice of toast with peanut butter and bannas on it and wanting to snatch it out of their hands and gobble it down. I dont know how people can DO this for years sand years..... I'm okay with it for now, but I feel like I would go crazy if I continue with this for much longer.

My goal is to finish one more month.... on November 1st I want to be done. I will slowly bring back higher carb veggies into my diet and some soaked grains and sourdough yeast free breads. My diet will be way different than before I started the candida diet.... I'm going to keep it lower GI and eat more fats and protein. I will hardly eat ANY sugar except for in lower sugar fruit.

What do you guys think? Any advice on how to wean myself off of the candida diet?

Thanks,

Taryn smile.gif

HI.

This is very similiar to the diet that I used to get acnefree. But unfortunatly... if it´s the same for everyone then you have a long road ahead of you. I ate very strict for three years and the improvements came every three months. A little better every three months and after a year the acne did´nt bother me any more. From start I had A LOT of acne so I consider the diet treatment to be a huge success for me personally.

I think you eat a perfect diet for good health. Dont be afraid to eat fat meats as well. It is very important to get the fats right. Keep avoiding omega 6 fatty acids... they are inflammatory for the body. Low carb diets are extremly popular in Sweden and many people have lived on the diet for years and years, like vegetarians do on veggies. It´s a little tougher without the dairy products but after gaining som progress you could try to add som fat cheese or cream (for instance in the morning coffe, I prefer it whipped. *smile*). Many have regained their health on a low carb regimen. And not only healing their skin but also balancing their weight, loosing their diabetes symptoms, getting good blood fats etc. *don´t know the exact term in english on the last one*

I think you should keep it up for at least a year if you can. Acne is really sensitive to acne-aggravating foods. But when you get off of the diet I´d recommend www.westonaprice.org for diet recommendations and try to eat as low carb as possible at all times. =)

#3 ryudoadema

ryudoadema

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

I agree with Mr. Sweden, WAPF is where to go to as a guideline after Bee's Diet. I have been on the latter for three years, and for me it took more like a year to get significantly clearer and maybe two for total relief of acne, SD, rosacea etc. The thing is I did it for other things too- I was supposed to have a liver transplant, had unexplained chest pains, numbness/tingling in random places and so on....

Even after three years I continually see improvements in my health and well-being that I didn't even know could be improved. All my senses have actually improved- I can smell and hear things that no one else can pick up on. My mood gets better everyday, I can hold conversations and think much easier and body odor has actually diminished to the point where people say I have NO scent or sometimes a "slight earthy scent" lol!

I felt the same way when I started the diet. Like I was missing out and I was counting the days until I could have some grains, alcohol or ice cream. Three months in I was telling people that the cravings were gone, but a month later I could tell they were even less,,,and the month after that...(and believe me that if you have the urge to rip a banana with pb on it out of someone's hands-the carvings aren't gone biggrin.gif )Also I find the more I eat a certain food, I don't get tired of them, but instead like them even more and gain a much more sensitive pallet so that just a little variation in the source, way it's cooked, or spices brings a new and interesting twist.

It's been discussed before, but if you can get past the idea that eating whatever you're body craves for a short-lived sugar, hormone or chemical high is "living", then you can really enjoy life. For one, once your healthy you will feel good all the time- maybe not as good as after a sugary meal for example, but much better than the crash that ensues. A nice, steady energy and mood as opposed to a roller-coaster ride, if you will. Also, like I mentioned before, your tastes will slowly change so that you like the healthier foods on this diet once your body realizes they are what is good for it. Try to see food as fuel that enables you to really "live", but doesn't qualify as life itself (even though you'll enjoy it after awhile). With robust health, longevity and limitless energy, you can "do" much more in life and at a greater quality.

As for getting the fats in, I'm actually in the opposite boat now. I wish I could use MORE, but if I go too far over my higher amount in one meal I get a little nauseas....Have you tried the eggdrink? It's really easy, good and helped with my sweet cravings at first (now I don't use any stevia and it still tastes sweet, same with lemons even smile.gif ). I will usually have one for breakfast and/or lunch. It makes it super easy to get the fats in! If I only have one, I will usually have some egg omelet with onions or other veg(mixed with fats), or spaghetti squash pie- which also gets the fats in and tastes like a cross between pumpkin pie and cornbread (great with added butter). Then for dinner, fish, hamburger, steak or other meat, and maybe some avocado or another side dish. My favorite side dish is broccoli cooked till it's soft, then mashed with any combination of coconut oil, butter, animal fats etc, salt, and yeast flakes. I also like to add olive oil into my sauerkraut, if you eat that. I just can't imagine eating the fats off a spoon when they taste so good in all these dishes, lol!

In short, I think you should check out the pie stuff, maybe try that "mashed broccoli", and get yeast flakes if you haven't yet. They are described as a "cheesy and nutty" flavor, but just go excellent in a lot of the foods in the diet.

Also, don't worry about going out once in a while to a restaurant. The stress is likely to do more harm than the food you would get, as long as it doesn't stray too far from the diet. I get salmon or steak or other seafood or meat, and usually steamed veggies- and a little bit of carrots or salt or whatever they put on your steak won't set you back much. Bring your own salt, fats if you want, and hcl to take after to help digest and clear out any toxins faster and you'll be fine.

I know you said you won't go back to your old diet which is great, so I hope I'm not coming off as preachy. You probably can do a less strict diet much sooner than me IF you wanted, since your likely not as sick. Just hoping I can help somehow with the experience I have had so far.

P.S.-hate to burst you're bubble, but ALL nuts were taken off the diet a few months ago...
P.S.S.-as well as probiotics...
P.S.S.S.-sorry for the insanely long post eusa_wall.gif

Edited by ryudoadema, 01 October 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#4 CheyCheyenne

CheyCheyenne

Lightsnoise

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

Hey congrats on all your success with this. Make sure to POUND the antifungals for the last month.

#5 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:21 PM

To the last long post, why did you cut out pro biotics?

#6 tdot

tdot

Meow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

HI.

This is very similiar to the diet that I used to get acnefree. But unfortunatly... if it´s the same for everyone then you have a long road ahead of you. I ate very strict for three years and the improvements came every three months. A little better every three months and after a year the acne did´nt bother me any more. From start I had A LOT of acne so I consider the diet treatment to be a huge success for me personally.

I think you eat a perfect diet for good health. Dont be afraid to eat fat meats as well. It is very important to get the fats right. Keep avoiding omega 6 fatty acids... they are inflammatory for the body. Low carb diets are extremly popular in Sweden and many people have lived on the diet for years and years, like vegetarians do on veggies. It´s a little tougher without the dairy products but after gaining som progress you could try to add som fat cheese or cream (for instance in the morning coffe, I prefer it whipped. *smile*). Many have regained their health on a low carb regimen. And not only healing their skin but also balancing their weight, loosing their diabetes symptoms, getting good blood fats etc. *don´t know the exact term in english on the last one*

I think you should keep it up for at least a year if you can. Acne is really sensitive to acne-aggravating foods. But when you get off of the diet I´d recommend www.westonaprice.org for diet recommendations and try to eat as low carb as possible at all times. =)

Thanks for your reply smile.gif. I'm not afraid to eat fat that's for sure.... I load all my meals with fat and I eat a lot of avocados.

I just feel like crying right now.... maybe I'm emotionally detoxing again.... I was fine for two months on the diet (the first month was HORRID) but the last bit of this last month has been hard again, I've been getting cravings again.... I dont understand, I thought I was over them. I FEEL good like health wise... but mentally I'm just going nuts again. I would like to do this for a year but I really dont know if I can!

QUOTE (ryudoadema @ Oct 1 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Mr. Sweden, WAPF is where to go to as a guideline after Bee's Diet. I have been on the latter for three years, and for me it took more like a year to get significantly clearer and maybe two for total relief of acne, SD, rosacea etc. The thing is I did it for other things too- I was supposed to have a liver transplant, had unexplained chest pains, numbness/tingling in random places and so on....

Even after three years I continually see improvements in my health and well-being that I didn't even know could be improved. All my senses have actually improved- I can smell and hear things that no one else can pick up on. My mood gets better everyday, I can hold conversations and think much easier and body odor has actually diminished to the point where people say I have NO scent or sometimes a "slight earthy scent" lol!

I felt the same way when I started the diet. Like I was missing out and I was counting the days until I could have some grains, alcohol or ice cream. Three months in I was telling people that the cravings were gone, but a month later I could tell they were even less,,,and the month after that...(and believe me that if you have the urge to rip a banana with pb on it out of someone's hands-the carvings aren't gone biggrin.gif )Also I find the more I eat a certain food, I don't get tired of them, but instead like them even more and gain a much more sensitive pallet so that just a little variation in the source, way it's cooked, or spices brings a new and interesting twist.

It's been discussed before, but if you can get past the idea that eating whatever you're body craves for a short-lived sugar, hormone or chemical high is "living", then you can really enjoy life. For one, once your healthy you will feel good all the time- maybe not as good as after a sugary meal for example, but much better than the crash that ensues. A nice, steady energy and mood as opposed to a roller-coaster ride, if you will. Also, like I mentioned before, your tastes will slowly change so that you like the healthier foods on this diet once your body realizes they are what is good for it. Try to see food as fuel that enables you to really "live", but doesn't qualify as life itself (even though you'll enjoy it after awhile). With robust health, longevity and limitless energy, you can "do" much more in life and at a greater quality.

As for getting the fats in, I'm actually in the opposite boat now. I wish I could use MORE, but if I go too far over my higher amount in one meal I get a little nauseas....Have you tried the eggdrink? It's really easy, good and helped with my sweet cravings at first (now I don't use any stevia and it still tastes sweet, same with lemons even smile.gif ). I will usually have one for breakfast and/or lunch. It makes it super easy to get the fats in! If I only have one, I will usually have some egg omelet with onions or other veg(mixed with fats), or spaghetti squash pie- which also gets the fats in and tastes like a cross between pumpkin pie and cornbread (great with added butter). Then for dinner, fish, hamburger, steak or other meat, and maybe some avocado or another side dish. My favorite side dish is broccoli cooked till it's soft, then mashed with any combination of coconut oil, butter, animal fats etc, salt, and yeast flakes. I also like to add olive oil into my sauerkraut, if you eat that. I just can't imagine eating the fats off a spoon when they taste so good in all these dishes, lol!

In short, I think you should check out the pie stuff, maybe try that "mashed broccoli", and get yeast flakes if you haven't yet. They are described as a "cheesy and nutty" flavor, but just go excellent in a lot of the foods in the diet.

Also, don't worry about going out once in a while to a restaurant. The stress is likely to do more harm than the food you would get, as long as it doesn't stray too far from the diet. I get salmon or steak or other seafood or meat, and usually steamed veggies- and a little bit of carrots or salt or whatever they put on your steak won't set you back much. Bring your own salt, fats if you want, and hcl to take after to help digest and clear out any toxins faster and you'll be fine.

I know you said you won't go back to your old diet which is great, so I hope I'm not coming off as preachy. You probably can do a less strict diet much sooner than me IF you wanted, since your likely not as sick. Just hoping I can help somehow with the experience I have had so far.

P.S.-hate to burst you're bubble, but ALL nuts were taken off the diet a few months ago...
P.S.S.-as well as probiotics...
P.S.S.S.-sorry for the insanely long post eusa_wall.gif

Thanks for your reply......

I know Bee took nuts out of her diet.... but I am not taking them out. I've read about success stories on Bee's diet who included nuts. They are my only snack food and they dont bother me at all, so I'm keeping them. Haha no ifs ands or buts!!

I'm glad you're doing well on this diet smile.gif, congrats. Thank-your for the encouragment to stay with it.

I've never really drank the egg drink.... just seemed like I had to wait too long for it to cool down after blending it and I didnt want to drink it hot. Plus I'm alergic to dairy and the butter in the drink bothers my stomach sad.gif.

I just dont know how long I can do this... but I will for sure stick with low carb. I'm just super emotional right now.... trying to make up my mind on what to do with this....

QUOTE (CheyCheyenne @ Oct 1 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey congrats on all your success with this. Make sure to POUND the antifungals for the last month.

Thanks Chey, how are you doing?? On the diet too?

#7 Mr. Sweden

Mr. Sweden

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:56 AM

Good to find such wise people in here! smile.gif

Haven´t heard of this special candida diet. Where can I read more about it? What is this eggdrink that you write about? smile.gif

I ate nuts and got rid of my acne so nuts are at least ok for some people. =)

What is this antifungal stuff that Chey mentioned?

I think it is the low carb diet minus dairy that mainly does the trick when it comes to acne. I´ve chatted with many in Sweden who got acnefree even when eating dairy as well so all acne suffering people do not have to be strict about it.

Just keep on the LCHF and if you wanna eat carbs... think Weston A Price. It´s very simple I think. Then it´s all about stamina. Just like Rocky said: "It´s not about how hard you punsh, It´s about how much you can take and still move forward". wink.gif

I just wish the authorities would think in this direction as well. Think about all the health problems in society that could be almost eliminated if the dietary recommendations were better.

#8 clipse

clipse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Sweden @ Oct 2 2010, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to find such wise people in here! smile.gif

Haven´t heard of this special candida diet. Where can I read more about it? What is this eggdrink that you write about? smile.gif

I ate nuts and got rid of my acne so nuts are at least ok for some people. =)

What is this antifungal stuff that Chey mentioned?

I think it is the low carb diet minus dairy that mainly does the trick when it comes to acne. I´ve chatted with many in Sweden who got acnefree even when eating dairy as well so all acne suffering people do not have to be strict about it.

Just keep on the LCHF and if you wanna eat carbs... think Weston A Price. It´s very simple I think. Then it´s all about stamina. Just like Rocky said: "It´s not about how hard you punsh, It´s about how much you can take and still move forward". wink.gif

I just wish the authorities would think in this direction as well. Think about all the health problems in society that could be almost eliminated if the dietary recommendations were better.

all you need to know

#9 ryudoadema

ryudoadema

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (tdot @ Oct 2 2010, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your reply......

I know Bee took nuts out of her diet.... but I am not taking them out. I've read about success stories on Bee's diet who included nuts. They are my only snack food and they dont bother me at all, so I'm keeping them. Haha no ifs ands or buts!!

I'm glad you're doing well on this diet smile.gif, congrats. Thank-your for the encouragment to stay with it.

I've never really drank the egg drink.... just seemed like I had to wait too long for it to cool down after blending it and I didnt want to drink it hot. Plus I'm alergic to dairy and the butter in the drink bothers my stomach sad.gif.

I just dont know how long I can do this... but I will for sure stick with low carb. I'm just super emotional right now.... trying to make up my mind on what to do with this....

Yeah, I ate soaked nuts for awhile too, but realized they weren't helping and just brought on cravings hardcore...but definitely not the worst off-diet so long as you can control the quantity and they don't lead into other worse food cravings...

For the egg drink, I make a double batch at night for the next day- split it into two stainless steel bottles like sigg etc and throw 'em in the fridge overnight. I like it hot, too.. is it just the taste you don't like when it's hot? You can use ghee instead of the butter. Also, you could use less water, then pour it over ice to cool it down quickly.

No joke, just before I started the diet, I was tested for allergies and came up with a dairy (casein to be exact) and egg (off the charts) allergy. When I learned what allergies really are and that reactions to real, healthy foods are in fact not allergies, I started eating both butter and eggs in low amounts and gradually increased them. I easily eat 6-8 eggs daily and at least half a stick of butter, which would have really f'd with my digestion in the beginning.

Don't let the emotions best you. It is very common to have times like that during healing. I've had many days where I just could not deal with the slightest bit of stress or negativity, and blew up at people or broke down for no apparent reason. I realized it wasn't who I really was and was just part of the process, and now I can easily handle more stressors and negative emotions than I ever could before. It can be caused by stored toxins or ones from candida etc, could be the body trying to heal parts of the brain or retracing emotions from the past that were suppresed and never fully played out-like an emotional block.

There will be less and less days like that, and those days won't be as bad, until suddenly they don't come anymore. That's how it was for me and my experience mirrored hundreds of people on Bee's and other healing diets.

Did you subscribe to Bee's yahoo group yet. You can get tons of support there and search for messages with the word "emotions" or something similar to see what I'm talking about.

Good luck! Stick with it for just a bit longer and this crap will pass, and you'll be all the better for it...

-Brandon

#10 clc111

clc111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

What's the egg drink? How do you make it?

#11 CheyCheyenne

CheyCheyenne

Lightsnoise

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

I agree so much that the diet is such an emotional roller coaster. I was honestly on the phone and just started crying when I hung up for no reason at all. I'm still on the diet but I know nuts still give me cravings and I can't be freed from this until I stop eating them which is very hard to do! I also still have a giant rash, not sure if I mentioned it before. However, I believe I'm allergic to something I'm eating and I don't know what!? This is serious though...the doctors would MAYBE take me seriously if I went there because of how bad this thing is. I want to go in and get an allergy test but I'm away at college and that's not exactly possible. I'm probably allergic to nuts haha but I don't know how to stop eating them it's some kind of addiction.

I've realized the only possible way to stay on this diet for me will be to cook every meal and always have a plan. It seems like I'm the most frantic to find food if I'm starving and even if I say I'm just going to have a little snack it turns into a big bunch of nuts or some other unfortunate mess. Plus, really keeping my fat intake high and carb intake very low keeps things under control however I have a very hard time doing that.

@Mr.Sweden antifungals are natural herbs/foods that have antifungal properties such as garlic, pau d' arco, ginger, oil of oregano, turmeric, olive leaf extract, caprylic acid (coconut oil), etc.

#12 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

I was on a diet like this myself for 3 months until i could not do it anymore, mainly because i was not seeing any results from it and losing a lot of weight. I developed food phobia basically. Got tired of everything i picked up at the store i had to turn around and read the ingredients and nutrition facts.

Also i noticed you mentioned you eat a lot of coconut oil as part of your fats intake. I would suggest virgin olive oil or flax oil for your fats. Coconut oil is very high in saturated fats while the other 2 mentioned is high in the "good fats" mono and poly. I used coconut oil for about a month until i read the label and was shocked at how high it was.

#13 ryudoadema

ryudoadema

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (clc111 @ Oct 2 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's the egg drink? How do you make it?

It's from the diet the OP and others are on.

Egg Drink

It can be varied. I use warm to hot water so the eggs are raw, 1 tspn pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon etc, 4 eggs instead of 3. I also don't like it w/o 1/4 tspn or so of sea salt...

#14 ryudoadema

ryudoadema

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:54 AM

To tdot and CheyCheyenne:

allergies...

#15 Drizzler

Drizzler

Man of the Mountains

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Trail running, cooking and eating wholesome + nutritious food, guitar, piano, music, riding my bicycle

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

I have found that 90% of the time that people attempt a diet like this, they are unable to completely shake the conventional wisdom that fat and cholesterol are terrible, and subsequently eat far too little. If you slash your carbs you NEED to be pounding the fat. Emphasis on monounsaturated and saturated- avocados, olive oil, butter/ghee, animal fats, plus eggs and meat. Do not fear real fats!! I also think people tend to overdo the protein on diets like this as well. You need massive loads of veggies slathered in healthy fats, and like 5-6oz steak, fatty chicken, fish, pork per meal.

#16 iamthat

iamthat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

Why dont you try acupuncture? I was having a TON of emotional issues on this diet until I started that..

#17 tdot

tdot

Meow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys smile.gif.
I do agree that LOW CARB, HIGH GOOD FATS seem to really help acne. No matter what I am going to keep my diet that way.
I'm still scared of butter, yesterday I had some in my breakfast and I had THE WORST stomach ache!! I get the same thing when I take colostrum tablets too. My body does NOT LIKE DAIRY. But I'm going to try to eat a little butter every day and hopefully my body will get used to it. My doctor says I'm allergic to casein too.

I'm not eating too little, I eat lots of fat, I'm not scared of fat. I eat two avocados a day (they used to make me break out but when I eat them with a meal and enough coconut oil they dont seem to be a problem), 5-6 tbls of coconut oil a day, lots of fats from meat and lots of olive oil.

Chey: Being prepared is KEY! I forgot to bring my hardboiled eggs to work this morning for breakfast, and I was STARVING by 10am I had to dig into my lunch, thank god I remebered that! If I dont bring my meals to with me to work I STARVE. There's really nothing I can eat here. It's really stressful.... I hate panicking about food... What I try to do is make ALOT of food for dinners so I have lots of leftovers (I never heat things up in a mircowave, I have a toaster oven in my office at work lol).

It was my birthday on Tuesday and I had to make my own birthday dinner sad.gif, no cake, no treats, so sad sad.gif. I did get a great massage out of it though lol.

evil.gif BUTTER, YOU ARE MY ENEMY!!! BUT I WILL SOFTEN YOU UP UNTIL WE CAN MEET AGAIN AND BE GREAT FRIENDS!!!! IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DOOOOOOOO!!!!! doubt.gif

#18 Necromancer

Necromancer

ayla: Necro is God-Like he's so pretty.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (tdot @ Oct 7 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do agree that LOW CARB, HIGH GOOD FATS seem to really help acne. No matter what I am going to keep my diet that way.
I'm still scared of butter, yesterday I had some in my breakfast and I had THE WORST stomach ache!! I get the same thing when I take colostrum tablets too. My body does NOT LIKE DAIRY. But I'm going to try to eat a little butter every day and hopefully my body will get used to it. My doctor says I'm allergic to casein too.

I'm not eating too little, I eat lots of fat, I'm not scared of fat. I eat two avocados a day (they used to make me break out but when I eat them with a meal and enough coconut oil they dont seem to be a problem), 5-6 tbls of coconut oil a day, lots of fats from meat and lots of olive oil.

Chey: Being prepared is KEY! I forgot to bring my hardboiled eggs to work this morning for breakfast, and I was STARVING by 10am I had to dig into my lunch, thank god I remebered that! If I dont bring my meals to with me to work I STARVE. There's really nothing I can eat here. It's really stressful.... I hate panicking about food... What I try to do is make ALOT of food for dinners so I have lots of leftovers (I never heat things up in a mircowave, I have a toaster oven in my office at work lol).

It was my birthday on Tuesday and I had to make my own birthday dinner sad.gif, no cake, no treats, so sad sad.gif. I did get a great massage out of it though lol.

evil.gif BUTTER, YOU ARE MY ENEMY!!! BUT I WILL SOFTEN YOU UP UNTIL WE CAN MEET AGAIN AND BE GREAT FRIENDS!!!! IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DOOOOOOOO!!!!! doubt.gif

Happy Birthday. You should consider being a weather girl on TV. With your face, even an apocalyptic forecast would make everyone smile (awwwwww). eusa_dance.gif

#19 clc111

clc111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

@tdot look into making ghee (clarified butter). It separates the milk proteins and sugars from the butter and you are left with the fat. Do an internet search on how to make it. It's delicious, healthy and has a very high smoke point too.

#20 tdot

tdot

Meow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 7 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tdot @ Oct 7 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Happy Birthday. You should consider being a weather girl on TV. With your face, even an apocalyptic forecast would make everyone smile (awwwwww). eusa_dance.gif

LOL oh Necro.... are you being flirty?? Thanks for the compliment!! Haha....

QUOTE (clc111 @ Oct 7 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@tdot look into making ghee (clarified butter). It separates the milk proteins and sugars from the butter and you are left with the fat. Do an internet search on how to make it. It's delicious, healthy and has a very high smoke point too.

Hmmm yes I think I might do this... I have been thinking about it for a while. I was going to just buy it but it's expensive!

Update: What is totally crazy about my skin right now is that the spot where I break out the most is 99% clear.... The hormonal chin area is where my breakouts usually are... and right now it seems like they have migrated to my cheeks.