Apple Fast

6 replies to this topic

#1 coLe

coLe

coLe thoMas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Art, Music, Painting, Golf, and all the other fruits of life.

Posted 07 August 2004 - 11:26 AM

Well, here I am still breaking out, still feeling depressed, and heading into my third year of college... I am really getting quite fed up with my persistent acne, I mean I have really reached the edge of the cliff... and I am about to jump in head first into accutane.
At the beginning of the summer I did an apple fast where, for three days you do nothing but eat apples and drink water, and at the end of each day you do an enema, this seemed to work a little bit the first time, but two months later I am right back where I started. I have an appointment with my derm next thursday and I believe he is going to reccomend accutane, I wanted to avoid the drug at all costs, but I think it's just gotta be done. So before the appointment I am going to give the apple fast one last try at getting control of the toxins in my body, and with God's will it will help me out for another month while I am on accutane. So going into Accutane, what should I know? I weigh 165 lbs. and am 5'11" , anyone of comparable size, how much dosage did you take and how fast did you see results? Also I can't help but to think of the long term effects of the drug, I would like to keep my hair and rather enjoy being able to drive at night without impared vision, but I guess I can give these up for clear skin... Not to mention is my acne just going to come back after a month off of accutane? I really want to feel like my old self again, and get on with my life...

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:18 PM

Accutane's side effects are over-stated on the board. It's not really as dangerous as some want you to believe.

Good luck with it.

#3 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:21 PM

Ben

Have you ever been on accutane? Cause I have....and although I'm very grateful it worked really well on my cystic acne....it did thin my hair considerably.....and it's never fully recovered.....and I do think my eyesight has worsened since taking it.....and it's been almost three years since I've been on it....and now I'm beginning to break out on my jawline again.....so some of his concerns are valid.

#4 coLe

coLe

coLe thoMas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Art, Music, Painting, Golf, and all the other fruits of life.

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

Tracy, so your remission lasted three years? I think three years of remission would be worth taking accutane. I do however hope it doesn't effect my hair too much, or at least I hope my hair recovers fully, I would hate to go through what my dad did with hairloss. Are there certain shampoos you can use to keep your hair healthy while on accutane?

And on a side note, have any of you tried apple fasts, or another type of colon cleansing and got good results with it?

#5 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:45 PM

I was on a pretty high dose for my height and weight (40 mgs twice a day) for about four months. Perhaps a lower dose would not cause hair loss? I don't regret taking it....but I miss my old thick hair. sad.gif

#6 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:47 PM

I took accutane and a month after i stopped taking it, i broke out just like before. It worked great while i was on it though. Left me with extremely dry lips that will crack if i dont apply vaseline or aqupahor every hour or two. Random bloody noses and from perfect vision to wearing glasses now.

#7 Ally

Ally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:relaxing

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:53 PM

I tried the apple fast a few months back.

The results were unspectacular, its definetly worth a try as it won't do you any harm but I recomend simply following a healthy diet.
Currently recovering from prolonged moderate breakout

Current Regim:
Trying to avoid: Dairy/Sugar/Carbs/Processed Foods/Alcohol/Caffeine
Suplements: zinc/multi-vitamin/fish oil/ACV tablets/vitamin C/B5
Topicals:coconut oil/Jojoba oil/ACV AM and PM, washing with olive oil soap, BP AM and PM
Current status: couple of small angry white heads which is annoying but they clear up pretty quickly, mainly red marks and scars though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users