Photo

Is Dan's cleanser SLIGHTLY drying for anyone else?

cleanser

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chikyuu

Chikyuu

acne.org ladies are so NICE O:

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

When I used to use the Regimen a year ago I ended up using Aveeno Ultra Calming foam cleanser. Not recommended, but I felt it left my skin a little softer and calmer than Dan's cleanser, which might actually be a little drying for me. this time around though I only want to use recommended products to be safe.

Has anyone else experienced this slight drying feeling from DKR cleanser, and found a good alternative? I'm thinking if giving store-brand generic Cetaphil Gentle a shot since it's super cheap.

#2 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:08 PM

The dryness is most likely not the cleanser but because you are treating your skin with benzoyl peroxide. Dan's cleanser is pH balanced to the skin and as gentle as baby bath.
However, if you still wish to try another one, you can certainly try Cetaphil Gentle cleanser. I didn't really care for it though because it feels like you are just rubbing lotion on the skin. Some people like it though so it may be worth a try for you. Be aware though that it does not lather. You just rub it on and wipe it off with a tissue or rinse it off. It didn't feel like it got my skin clean at all (but I have very oily skin). If yours tends to be on the dry side, you may really love Cetaphil.

#3 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Brandy @ Sep 25 2010, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The dryness is most likely not the cleanser but because you are treating your skin with benzoyl peroxide. Dan's cleanser is pH balanced to the skin and as gentle as baby bath.
However, if you still wish to try another one, you can certainly try Cetaphil Gentle cleanser. I didn't really care for it though because it feels like you are just rubbing lotion on the skin. Some people like it though so it may be worth a try for you. Be aware though that it does not lather. You just rub it on and wipe it off with a tissue or rinse it off. It didn't feel like it got my skin clean at all (but I have very oily skin). If yours tends to be on the dry side, you may really love Cetaphil.

I agree. It doesn't lather, which is fine because things don't really need to I guess, but still...it feels weird! I didn't feel like my skin was clean when I finished using it.

#4 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

^ I agree. My skin didn't feel clean either and it certainly did not get my makeup off, however some people really love it. Especially those with dry sensitive skin.

#5 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, the only time I used it was on Accutane. I had really dry skin then, but even then...didn't like it. I can't imagine using it now that my skin is oily again.

#6 MINIac

MINIac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

I also notice that the cleanser seems to really be drying to my skin. I don't know if it would improve if I lathered it on for less than the ten seconds, but I am afraid if I did less than ten seconds that my skin wouldn't be adequately cleaned.

#7 soccersweetie1101

soccersweetie1101

:)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:49 AM

i LOVE cetaphil gentle skin cleanser,

i mix it with jojoba oil and it makes my skin feel soooooo soft. give it a try!

#8 Chikyuu

Chikyuu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:23 PM

I haven't tried that. I'll give it a shot.

#9 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:39 AM

whats the best way to use cetaphil gentle cleanser without irritating the face? I find it hard to rub it on your face since it doesnt lather without irritating the face..

#10 Chikyuu

Chikyuu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

I try to vigorously rub my hands together with any cleanser first, and just spread it on my face and move it around gently for 10 seconds.

#11 l'espoir

l'espoir

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

I find Dan's cleanser slightly drying too, so I use it only at night, and Cetaphil in the morning.

#12 HereUntilCLear

HereUntilCLear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

I don't think the cleanser is drying. If I wash my face with just water it feels just as dry.