Photo

Cortisone injections - Do they work? How long did it take?

cyst cortisone

4 replies to this topic

#1 Blissisbs

Blissisbs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hello. I'm 26 years old and have had acne since I was in Jr High. In the last 3-4 years I've started getting these horrible cysts on my face. Normally they take MONTHS to go away (I've had one now (on my cheek) for about 5-6 months and the other (right side of chin) for 3 months). Today I was finally able to get cortisone injected by a derm. This is the first time I've had it done, thankfully it didn't hurt smile.gif. I've never had them in the same spot twice, they're always in different places. I've been on tetracycline (500 mg 2 x daily) and Retin-A for 3 months now and I haven't gotten any new break outs at all, just wasn't able to get ride of these 2 cysts, that's why I decided to get the injections. If this doesn't work I think accutane is my next step. -Crosses fingers- Anyway I would like to know from others if they've had it, how long did it take to "work" & how long did it take for the cyst to completely flatten?

Thank you smile.gif

#2 soxfan24

soxfan24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

I had a cyst between my eyes injected and it was gone in like 3 days. A few hours after the shot it was less painful. The next morning I couldn't really feel it all, it was just a pink bump. After a few more days the redness and swelling were totally gone.

#3 FBAL

FBAL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Finallyglad to know I'm not the only one who suffered with cysts that lasted for months!! I was beginning to think I was the only one. Every post I read on here about them ppl say a few weeks! I've finally got my cystic acne under control. I had my last one which is still there come up on my forehead which I NeVeR get. I think it was because of the oxygen facial I had it drew the bacteria to the surface. Anyhow it finally came to a head a week in a half ago. I pored it wearing gloves using a sterile need; my father in laws an LPN. I also put iodine on it. I was suppose to get a shot but decided not to cause I heard they can leave a deeper place than the pimple being there.

Question for you. When urs finally disappear after months do they leave indentions/like light rolling scars? Mine do/did

#4 Blissisbs

Blissisbs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (FBAL @ Sep 16 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finallyglad to know I'm not the only one who suffered with cysts that lasted for months!! I was beginning to think I was the only one. Every post I read on here about them ppl say a few weeks! I've finally got my cystic acne under control. I had my last one which is still there come up on my forehead which I NeVeR get. I think it was because of the oxygen facial I had it drew the bacteria to the surface. Anyhow it finally came to a head a week in a half ago. I pored it wearing gloves using a sterile need; my father in laws an LPN. I also put iodine on it. I was suppose to get a shot but decided not to cause I heard they can leave a deeper place than the pimple being there.

Question for you. When urs finally disappear after months do they leave indentions/like light rolling scars? Mine do/did

Oh yes sad.gif Some did, some didn't, but I've def. got some pretty crappy scarring from these darn things! Most of them are indentation type scars. The one on my cheek is the biggest, about 1/2" x 1/4" and oval shaped. The one on my cheek is all but gone, but she shot it anyway since I was there.
I'll post an update when / if these 2 finally go away.

#5 Blissisbs

Blissisbs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

It's Monday night & I got my injections Thursday afternoon. The large cyst on my chin is 90 percent flattened out. It's still got it's color, but it's not nearly as bad as it was. Mericle shot smile.gif

Edited by Blissisbs, 20 September 2010 - 08:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users