Photo

How i cleared severe acne after three years!

garlic ginger

4 replies to this topic

#1 SurferGirl656

SurferGirl656

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

Hello everyone, surprised.gif
I've made alot of posts on this website, I tried almost every wash, drug, lazer therapy, exercise... whatever, i've been there! But finally, after three years of painful horrible acne, I've found something that actually works. Not just for a few days, or a week, but long term! Before i lay out the basics of my diet, i wanna put out my history. If you find it boring, feel free to skip it, but i thinks its important.

Skin History
I noticed my skin starting to change when i was eleven. nothing extreme, just only skin and occasional pimples. Soon however, it got bad. very, very bad. by twelve/thirteen it was literally covering my entire face. huge red pimples and lots of redness. i was mortified/embarassed/humilated. it completely recked my life, i know that sounds dramatic, but it was so true. my diet at that moment was horrible, i have to admit. this was basically my diet:

Breakfast: Huge bowl of high-sugary cereal, with milk
White toast with chocolate spread

Snack: Chocolate ceral bar

Lunch: White bread with masses of cheddar cheese
High-sugary chocolate bars
Potatoe chips
Coca cola

Afternoon snack: 2 white bread sandwhiches of chocolate spread
More chips
Small block of cheese
Big glass of milk

Dinner: Potatoes, lots of pasta, creamy sauces and absolutely no vegetables!

Dessert: Ice cream, chocolate cake, or a whole bag of candy.

Im so speechless as i think about it. i ate like this everyday from around eight years old to twelve years old. i would sneak food from the pantry and buy food from the shops without my parents knowing. i was addicted completely to food, im so suprised that i stayed skinny, honestly.
I always ate takeaway whenever i could, i only drank sugary juice or coca cola. my skin was the worst it could possibly be. My doctor gave me drugs, i washed with harsh 'acne fighting' cleasners everyday. didnt do a thing. im going to round this up, but basically it took me until i was fourteen to realise, my skin was being caused by my diet.

Symptoms I had:[/size]
Severe, cystic acne
Massive bloating
Leg pains
Heartburn
Very fatigued
Anemia
The list goes on....

Diet now:[size="5"]

It took me a long time to break my high carb/high sugar addiction but it is so worth it.

What I avoid:
Wheat products (make me bloating/just general sick)
Soy products (messed with my hormones and broke me out on my chin)
Refined sugar (this was the biggest thing for me, once i stopped sugar, my breakouts reduced by like 60% in two weeks)
Vinegar, alcohol, etc (some reason makes me very sick)
Starchy foods. Potatoes, carrots, corn, pumpkin.. etc (Make me feel very tired, and down)
High GI foods (like the above, just make me feel bad and clogged up)

What I eat: (After alot of research and time, and the help of lots of antifungals and cleansing food, i found a diet that works)
All green vegetables
Garlic, ginger, pretty much any spices and herbs
Organic Meat.
Fresh fish.
Coconut cream (in curries and desserts)
Stevia, for my sweet tooth without any sugar
Fresh nuts, mainly almonds
Occasionaly brown rice
Unsweetened yogurt
Olive oil, coconut oil

It seems so boring and plain, but the spices availabe in the world are AMAZING and SO yummy!
Just try it out, took my three months to have perfect skin for the first time in nearly five years, and about a month in i broke out ALOT worse but luckily i stuck with it.

Any questions, i will answer ASAP

SurferGirl656

xx

#2 iamthat

iamthat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

Good job girl!! We have almost the same diet.. How many carbs do you eat per day? I am finding I am REALLY low on energy lately and need to put a tiny bit back into my diet. Is there aything that didnt break you out that had a good amt of carbs in it?

#3 GodLovesMe.

GodLovesMe.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (SurferGirl656 @ Sep 14 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone, surprised.gif
I've made alot of posts on this website, I tried almost every wash, drug, lazer therapy, exercise... whatever, i've been there! But finally, after three years of painful horrible acne, I've found something that actually works. Not just for a few days, or a week, but long term! Before i lay out the basics of my diet, i wanna put out my history. If you find it boring, feel free to skip it, but i thinks its important.

Skin History
I noticed my skin starting to change when i was eleven. nothing extreme, just only skin and occasional pimples. Soon however, it got bad. very, very bad. by twelve/thirteen it was literally covering my entire face. huge red pimples and lots of redness. i was mortified/embarassed/humilated. it completely recked my life, i know that sounds dramatic, but it was so true. my diet at that moment was horrible, i have to admit. this was basically my diet:

Breakfast: Huge bowl of high-sugary cereal, with milk
White toast with chocolate spread

Snack: Chocolate ceral bar

Lunch: White bread with masses of cheddar cheese
High-sugary chocolate bars
Potatoe chips
Coca cola

Afternoon snack: 2 white bread sandwhiches of chocolate spread
More chips
Small block of cheese
Big glass of milk

Dinner: Potatoes, lots of pasta, creamy sauces and absolutely no vegetables!

Dessert: Ice cream, chocolate cake, or a whole bag of candy.

Im so speechless as i think about it. i ate like this everyday from around eight years old to twelve years old. i would sneak food from the pantry and buy food from the shops without my parents knowing. i was addicted completely to food, im so suprised that i stayed skinny, honestly.
I always ate takeaway whenever i could, i only drank sugary juice or coca cola. my skin was the worst it could possibly be. My doctor gave me drugs, i washed with harsh 'acne fighting' cleasners everyday. didnt do a thing. im going to round this up, but basically it took me until i was fourteen to realise, my skin was being caused by my diet.

Symptoms I had:[/size]
Severe, cystic acne
Massive bloating
Leg pains
Heartburn
Very fatigued
Anemia
The list goes on....

Diet now:[size="5"]

It took me a long time to break my high carb/high sugar addiction but it is so worth it.

What I avoid:
Wheat products (make me bloating/just general sick)
Soy products (messed with my hormones and broke me out on my chin)
Refined sugar (this was the biggest thing for me, once i stopped sugar, my breakouts reduced by like 60% in two weeks)
Vinegar, alcohol, etc (some reason makes me very sick)
Starchy foods. Potatoes, carrots, corn, pumpkin.. etc (Make me feel very tired, and down)
High GI foods (like the above, just make me feel bad and clogged up)

What I eat: (After alot of research and time, and the help of lots of antifungals and cleansing food, i found a diet that works)
All green vegetables
Garlic, ginger, pretty much any spices and herbs
Organic Meat.
Fresh fish.
Coconut cream (in curries and desserts)
Stevia, for my sweet tooth without any sugar
Fresh nuts, mainly almonds
Occasionaly brown rice
Unsweetened yogurt
Olive oil, coconut oil

It seems so boring and plain, but the spices availabe in the world are AMAZING and SO yummy!
Just try it out, took my three months to have perfect skin for the first time in nearly five years, and about a month in i broke out ALOT worse but luckily i stuck with it.

Any questions, i will answer ASAP

SurferGirl656

xx

That's amazing biggrin.gif i've never tried a diet change, except a 3day apple diet(did nothing), right now i'm on dan's regimen, and it's working pretty good for 4 days (:
Did you ever have brown marks(from picking) and red? If so, how did they go away?

#4 SurferGirl656

SurferGirl656

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (biologygirly @ Sep 15 2010, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good job girl!! We have almost the same diet.. How many carbs do you eat per day? I am finding I am REALLY low on energy lately and need to put a tiny bit back into my diet. Is there aything that didnt break you out that had a good amt of carbs in it?

Carbs almost always break me out! it sucks but id rather have clear skin! i tried eating rice noodles for the first time yesterday big mistake. now i have like four little pimples on my right cheek eusa_wall.gif its sucks!
so i dont know about you, but i try to avoid high carb food all the time, and only eat low carb food occasionally.

xx

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:19 AM

Congratulations. That's pretty much like my diet. Except for the meat part as I don't care for it enough to pay for or go to the trouble to seek out products from properly raised animals. And I don't avoid many starches veggies like sweet potatoes, squash and properly soaked and cooked legumes.

Would you please add your story to the 'list of members who cleared their skin via diet and lifestyle' thread? Link below in my signature.

Edited by alternativista, 17 September 2010 - 11:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users