Photo

A Helpful Little Regimen "Handbook" (two parts: read first two posts)

aha alpha hydroxy acid red mark makeup oily skin

51 replies to this topic

#41 cinnamon girl

cinnamon girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

I have quit BP for like 3 months now, and my skin is just horrible, well mainly I quit it due to learning how harmful and creates free radical to your skin as well the categorizing history that it undergone to FDA. I can say that only in BP do I get to get my skin clear, from ridiculous severe acne my skin transformed to maybe not really clear yet drastically decent one.

I am torn between switching back or not. =/ am 23 btw. I started using BP when I was 18 as well. Its an on and off thing too, but I usually see result in like a month and somehow my skin is not that allergic to it.

#42 JumpingJack27

JumpingJack27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

Wow I can tell that it took a lot of time and energy to write that but your posts came out beautifully written. Once I started reading I couldn't stop Posted Image

----------------------------------

*outside link removed by moderator*

Edited by Brandy, 26 August 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#43 hippocampus

hippocampus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

Thank you for this! Would you recommend your Eucerin moisturizer to beginners? I'm afraid it might be too harsh since it contains alpha hydroxy.

#44 lykalagahit

lykalagahit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Awesome post! STICKY

#45 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Awesome story:) Thank you :)

#46 llk440

llk440

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

I have been using the regimen for 3 weeks exactly. I stated with a pea sized once a day for the first 2 weeks or so. I then started to do once a day at night but added spot treated in the mornings. My face is pretty dry but now to the point where it has become a problem. If I deadly look and study myself in the mirror I can see it cracking.. I use the jojoba oil as well. My main concern is should i start using the BP more?? I now am using somewhere to 2 pea sized amount and doing it fully twice a day. I am getting new pimples there are days I feel as of my skin looks better but there are days when it gets worse, im pretty much frustrated :(. Any feedback will be appreciated. I don't have severe acne I have a lot fired spots but I probably have maybe 4big active pimples on each cheek. My fitness and chin are mainly clear. My concern is my cheeks which I can't figure out why it's breaking out. I sleep on my back so that can't be the reason. Before in the regimen I had tiny tiny bumps all around my face after a fees days they disappeared And I was happy thinking it worked by week two I stated to get big pimples which I have never had.. And now I am clear of tiny zits bumps but u have big filled pimples on both cheeks. Im scared to go higher on the BP. Any advice please please :((((( today was 3 weeks im a mild moderate case acne.. Thanks

#47 Michaelbear

Michaelbear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hi there! 

Thanks for the all the great information. 

I have been on the regiment for 10 months and I had to stop using it. My acne disappeared after about 3 - 4 months, and I could also see some results just after a week. The red marks has never seemed to disappear. I had a really really heavy and long time break out on my face for at least 6 months. So I was so happy and relieved when the breakouts stopped after 3 - 4 months. Flakiness wasn't a problem after the same amount of time. 

My biggest problem on the regiment has been two things. 

1: I live in Norway, and the winter here is really cold. So using the regiment made my face more than red. I got super red. The skin around my eyes where really pale. And the marks from my acne where almost blue. I looked really really bad. And my face got really dry as well. And as I have read, there is a lot of water in the moisturizer so when it was - 20 C, it felt like my face was about to crack up. What could I have done in a situation like that? 

2: As it is summer now, my face hasn't stopped being red. People comment my red face, and it almost feels like my skin can't handle the products. I started to use the BP only at night, but still using the rest both day and night, because of the redness.

A couple of weeks ago i stopped using the regiment because of the redness and went over to use some organic farmer oils and cremes. People started to comment that my skin looked so much more fresh and healthy, so I didn't want to go back to the regiment. Then I could suddenly see black spots develop on my forehead. I got very oily in the T zone, and got spots on those areas as well on my neck and under my chin. I am freaking out as this is happening right now.

Is the reason for that because my skin needs to get used to the change? Or is it "the old" acne coming back? Is it really necessary to use the regiment for such a long time? Acne is usually a periodic thing.. it hasn't come to stay? I feel that the regiment does a great job, at the same time as I feel that is really harsh to the skin..! When to stop using it? And what to do when the skin never stops to get red? I even met a girl that laughed at my red face. That is not a good memory or feeling to have. 

So a couple of days ago, I went back on using the regiment. And from having some spots here and there I now have spots everywhere, and are back to being a lobster. Horrible combination. It wasn't so bad the first time.. What happened? And what should I do now?! 
I don't want to go outside or meet people or anything..! I am really frustrated and sad..! 

(PS: I read you Q&A, and you mentioned wrinkles etc. and you said that it wouldn't have an effect. Well I have to say that my face have "changed" and looks a bit older now than before I started the regiment. More than that I am 10 months older. Its like my skin on my face is zagging a bit more, and wrinkles on my forehead and around my mouth is a lot more visible. I have a feeling that the regiment has been a part of that. I don't know if it is true.. but I can see it on pictures from before I started.. and it is only 10 months ago. In that case it would suddenly age more that usual. And thats a bit weird.) 

Edited by Michaelbear, 03 June 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#48 venereologist

venereologist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:operati9ve orthopaedics n sugical anomolies

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

bp i.e benzyol peroxide available with 2 compostions like 2.5%and 5% & the ointments get differ according to the condition it also plays an important role in the tremant of acne vulgaris its a greasless topical medication for acne vulgaris.

Brands:- pernox 2.5%,5% by cosme healthcare

penex (slighthly different but same contents)

Benzac AC BY GALADERMA>

#49 Spartan159

Spartan159

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:science, manga, martial arts, piano

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Very informative, and well written. Thanks for taking the time to write us such a detailed step-by-step, how-to, and progress post. :)

#50 SwellDiscus

SwellDiscus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

thanks for the info! nice post

#51 vanessa3

vanessa3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

What is your opinion on Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Lotion? I'm thinking of trying it out, but I don't want to breakout. And have you tried the Lac-Hydrin Five Lac-Hydrin Five Lotion? 

#52 vanessakkk

vanessakkk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Can I use rosehip oil instead of the jojoba oil ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users