Photo

Am I using the right products? Help please!

canada

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zacqc

Zacqc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:37 AM

Hello,
Three weeks ago I decided to start the regimen, but thought I would try it with drugstore products. Following Dan's recommendation, I bought the Clean and Clear foaming facial cleanser. I couldn't find any 2.5% BP, so I bought PanOxyl, a 5% BP gel. For the moisturizer, I went with a cheap Life brand product.
I have started to see results (again, I'm three weeks in), but my skin is also peeling. It's not bad after I apply the moisturizer, but when I get out of the shower my face is white with flecks of skin. Is this because of the products I am using? If so, can you recommend any products thats would do the trick?
Thank you so much!

#2 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

Since you're using a 5% BP instead of a 2.5% BP, it's not that surprising that your skin is dry. Just be sure that you're taking things extra slowly so that your skin has plenty of time to adjust to the BP.

and i totally would have a crush on you if I had any lesbian tendencies

[sig-img:553]

Click here to find out why I'm so frustrated.

... and watch out for those RBDs.

#3 Zacqc

Zacqc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Thanks, I have been following Dan's instructions on how to apply BP progressively smile.gif
I just bought Spectro HydraCare for dry skin and Cetaphil principles ultralight lotion as moisturizers. Can anyone tell which one they like most? Thank you.

#4 cougarrrr

cougarrrr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Zacqc @ Sep 13 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, I have been following Dan's instructions on how to apply BP progressively smile.gif
I just bought Spectro HydraCare for dry skin and Cetaphil principles ultralight lotion as moisturizers. Can anyone tell which one they like most? Thank you.

Hello there,
The moisturizer I use for myself (I don't have acne) and my daughter (who does, or did) which seems to work really well and isn't greasy and doesn't cause breakouts is Oil of Olay Complete for sensitive skin. My daughter had very dry skin at the beginning of the regimen, which was way worse when she had exposure to the sun and we were only using the moisturizer that came with the regimen. The Oil of Olay stuff has sunscreen in it which really seemed to help, and also after the first month her skin did seem to become more accustomed to the BP so the dryness only occurs now if she doesn't moisturize. She also does not use as much as Dan says to build up to...she only uses 1 squirt total instead of two. It really has worked for her though. The most important thing was to keep to the regimen...morning and night. It's second nature to her now and she does not have acne anymore...just the odd zit now and then which will disappear within 2 days after applying the BP

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users