Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I using the right products? Help please!

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Three weeks ago I decided to start the regimen, but thought I would try it with drugstore products. Following Dan's recommendation, I bought the Clean and Clear foaming facial cleanser. I couldn't find any 2.5% BP, so I bought PanOxyl, a 5% BP gel. For the moisturizer, I went with a cheap Life brand product.

I have started to see results (again, I'm three weeks in), but my skin is also peeling. It's not bad after I apply the moisturizer, but when I get out of the shower my face is white with flecks of skin. Is this because of the products I am using? If so, can you recommend any products thats would do the trick?

Thank you so much!

Since you're using a 5% BP instead of a 2.5% BP, it's not that surprising that your skin is dry. Just be sure that you're taking things extra slowly so that your skin has plenty of time to adjust to the BP.

Thanks, I have been following Dan's instructions on how to apply BP progressively :)

I just bought Spectro HydraCare for dry skin and Cetaphil principles ultralight lotion as moisturizers. Can anyone tell which one they like most? Thank you.

Thanks, I have been following Dan's instructions on how to apply BP progressively :)

I just bought Spectro HydraCare for dry skin and Cetaphil principles ultralight lotion as moisturizers. Can anyone tell which one they like most? Thank you.