Photo

Optizinc - Has anyone tried it and has it worked for you?

zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Goneandnvrcominbak

Goneandnvrcominbak

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

SO, I've been reading alot of peoples reviews on here through the forums and the review section of the website on people taking Zinc gluconate or chelated zinc but not many on Optizinc. I was wondering if anyone here has tried Optizinc and if your skin has benefited from it?

I'm contemplating whether or not to try it but after reading very few reviews on it, I'm hesitant to try it. If anyone on this forum has tried it, please let me know your intake. It would be greatly appreciated!

Eff my life. I'm done. Eff everything.

#2 Goneandnvrcominbak

Goneandnvrcominbak

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:37 AM

bump

#3 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

Yes, I use Optizinc and have gotten good results from it. Its the one the acne clinic I go to sells to their clients as well. There are two different companies who make a form of Optizinc - make sure you get the one by Source Naturals. The other company who sells it adds iodine, which may flare acne in some people.

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#4 Goneandnvrcominbak

Goneandnvrcominbak

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (willow569 @ Sep 12 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I use Optizinc and have gotten good results from it. Its the one the acne clinic I go to sells to their clients as well. There are two different companies who make a form of Optizinc - make sure you get the one by Source Naturals. The other company who sells it adds iodine, which may flare acne in some people.

Thanks! I was wondering if you noticed a huge change in your skin using the optizinc? And do you get nauseous from taking it? I notice you go to face reality too! It's nice to see someone else going to their clinic here on this site. Let me know.

#5 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (frannymae @ Sep 12 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! I was wondering if you noticed a huge change in your skin using the optizinc? And do you get nauseous from taking it? I notice you go to face reality too! It's nice to see someone else going to their clinic here on this site. Let me know.

I didn't even see the Face Reality regimen in your sig! smile.gif Glad to see other FR clients here. I've been going to them for a few years now - when it was only the owners Pat and Laura, and no other staff! They've grown so much since then.

I was actually the one who recommended the Optizinc to Face Reality. They've always told their clients to add zinc to the diet, but I got them interested in selling this particular brand, partly because of the research on its better absorbtion, but also because it has the correct balance of copper to zinc, which is important (too much zinc can deplete copper levels in the body).

I did notice that the zinc helped reduce inflamed acne when I used to break out more often. I don't find that I need it anymore, now that I am usually clear. It did make me nauseous sometimes, definitely happened when I didn't take it with food. With food, sometimes it would make me nauseous, sometimes it wouldn't. I wouldn't recommend taking high levels of zinc for a long period of time though - its not generally recommended. I did the 90 mg until i was pretty clear of inflamed acne and then cut back to 30 mg. Now I don't really need it anymore.

A.M.

-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

My lengthy log:

#6 kazumi.

kazumi.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hello smile.gif

The one I'm currently taking is Good 'N Natural - Zinc For Acne.
I take 2 tablets a day with a full meal, taking it with not enough food in your stomach can make you feel nauseous.

And yes, I think it helps with Acne.
I'm also in a Vitamin Regimen.

#7 Goneandnvrcominbak

Goneandnvrcominbak

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (frannymae @ Sep 12 2010, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi willow,

I just started taking the Optizinc today. I've only been taking 30mg though b/c it says to take only one tablet a day. Should I be taking more? I don't really have bad acne like before but I do get the occasional breakout. Im also starting to take 1000mg of vitamin c everyday. I hope it will also help.

#8 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (frannymae @ Sep 13 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi willow,

I just started taking the Optizinc today. I've only been taking 30mg though b/c it says to take only one tablet a day. Should I be taking more? I don't really have bad acne like before but I do get the occasional breakout. Im also starting to take 1000mg of vitamin c everyday. I hope it will also help.

With Face Reality's regimen, they usually recommend that their clients take 60-90 mg of Optizinc - at least for the first few months after they start treatment there or until they are mostly clear of inflamed acne. That's what they used to do anyway - they may have changed things for newer clients.

Most of the research on the effects of zinc on reducing acne has shown that higher levels (around 100 mg - sometimes more) are required to get beneficial effects. I don't know if 30 mg will do much as far as helping acne. But, if you don't have a lot of inflamed acne, it might not be as important to start with such a high dose.

A.M.

-Finacea

P.M.

My lengthy log:

#9 Goneandnvrcominbak

Goneandnvrcominbak

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (willow569 @ Sep 14 2010, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (frannymae @ Sep 13 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi willow,

With Face Reality's regimen, they usually recommend that their clients take 60-90 mg of Optizinc - at least for the first few months after they start treatment there or until they are mostly clear of inflamed acne. That's what they used to do anyway - they may have changed things for newer clients.

Most of the research on the effects of zinc on reducing acne has shown that higher levels (around 100 mg - sometimes more) are required to get beneficial effects. I don't know if 30 mg will do much as far as helping acne. But, if you don't have a lot of inflamed acne, it might not be as important to start with such a high dose.

Hi Willow

Thanks for the advice. Im taking only 30 mg but i feel like im breaking out more. Im also taking 1000 mg of Ester C (vitamin c) everyday too and i feel that my skin's breaking out pretty bad along my chin area. I dont know if its the vitamin c or zinc doing it. Ugh lol.

#10 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (frannymae @ Sep 14 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Willow

Thanks for the advice. Im taking only 30 mg but i feel like im breaking out more. Im also taking 1000 mg of Ester C (vitamin c) everyday too and i feel that my skin's breaking out pretty bad along my chin area. I dont know if its the vitamin c or zinc doing it. Ugh lol.

If you just started taking it, I doubt its the zinc that's causing your breakouts. I don't think its likely that vitamin C would either.

Anything else new in your diet or skin regimen?

A.M.

-Finacea

P.M.

My lengthy log: