blackheads leaving tiny holes?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:20 AM

Guys i have been using duac on my nose to treat a few blackheads i have, and it seems to be working because the blackhead comes out of the skin and forms this small hard white/greyish thingy, and today when i was cleansing my face, the thing just rubbed off, but i was very gentle with my nose. I was looking at the spot where the blackhead was, and now there is a very small "hole" on that spot. Is this a scar? Will the hole fill up?

#2 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:29 AM

Is there anything i should do i.e. maybe apply neosporin so that these holes may fill up?

#3 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

sounds like you got the plug out which is good..apply a little sal. acid to help close up the pore

#4 cjshelton

cjshelton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

Continue your regimen of choice, the hole will close up in time.

#5 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (wicky @ Sep 6 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds like you got the plug out which is good..apply a little sal. acid to help close up the pore

Plug out, what do you mean by that.

What type of salycic acid should i apply and how long should i use the sal acid to see if the hole closes up.

Also, its been 5-6 days now, is it too late to start applying salycic acid?

#6 roderick9van

roderick9van

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:51 AM

First I want to point out that many people have blackheads on their nose. Anyone that claims they don’t may just not get close enough in the mirror to see them. Those of us with acne prone skin have this habit of studying our skin ridiculously close to the mirror, so of course we’re going to find all possible minor imperfections on our skin.

So next time you have the chance to get close enough to your friends and families skin without looking too creepy, take a look at their nose. I can guarantee you that a lot of them will have a nose full of grayish-black dots.

The reason why you didn’t see them on your friends noses before was because blackheads are so small and too hard to see unless you look really close. So please keep in mind that your nose blackheads are like that too, very small and most likely only noticeable by you!

It’s also important to note that those dots on your nose aren’t always technically blackheads. A blackhead is a blocked pore filled with dead skin cells and oil that’s oxidized and turned black on contact with air. Sometimes the dots on your nose are just enlarged pores filled with a bit of oil, not blackheads. This is why they can be a lighter grayish color than the usual darker blackheads.

Why do I get so many blackheads on my nose?

The reason why you get this annoying problem on your nose is because that area is smack bang in the middle of the t-zone, which is the oiliest part of your face. Our t-zone is oilier because oil glands are more concentrated in this area. And more oil glands means more oil.

And these pores generally get a little larger and a little oilier with age. Kind of like how they say your nose and ears are the two parts of your body that never stop growing. I guess this is just another one of those annoying things beyond our control.

I want to get rid of the blackheads, how do I do that?

Unfortunately there’s no easy permanent solution, because as soon as you clear the oil and blackheads out, you’re left with an empty open pore that can easily fill back in again. So if you want to permanently keep your nose looking clean and clear, you’ll need to continuously maintain your skin in that area.

In the past I’ve tried natural exfoliation methods like organic scrubs, using clay masks and adding baking-soda to my cleanser, but none have made any difference to my nose blackheads.

The only thing that has worked is unfortunately not a natural solution, and I feel like I’m sounding like a broken record here mentioning this product – because the only thing that’s worked for me is salicylic acid. And in particular Paula’s Choice 2% BHA. Salicylic acid is a deep pore exfoliant which encourages pores to soften and push the gunk out to the surface which is why it works.

I’m not sure if other salicylic acid products will work as well, but I’d love to hear from you if you’ve tried one and it does.

But I will stress again, while the BHA will help to clear out the pores on your nose, it is not a permanent solution. You will need to continue to use the BHA regularly. Maybe not every day, but every other day at least. This comes with its problems too. Your skin can get too used to the BHA and start to rely on it. Honestly, it’s worth considering how bad your blackheads on your nose really are, and if you want to muck around with the natural balance of your skin by indefinitely applying a salicylic acid product like this.

I have written a review on Paul’s Choice BHA that is worth reading if you haven’t already. I explain in detail why you don’t want to rely on a salicylic acid product like this for an indefinite amount of time.

What about pore strips?

Pore strips are okay. I’ve heard mixed reviews about them. Some experts say they’re bad because they can damage and tear the skin. Others say you’re just unnaturally pulling the clogged stuff out without changing the structure of the pore at all so it just fills back up with oil and dead skin cells again.

However, there are some actual users of pore strips who swear by them.

The real cure is from the inside out

If you have a lot of blackheads then usually it’s a sign of a congested liver, so the best and most permanent way to clear your blackheads is to combine the salicylic acid product with a liver flush or liver cleansing diet.

However, a liver flush isn’t going to make your blackheads disappear over night so before you jump into an intense liver flush, you want to be sure you’re doing it for the right reasons, and you want to be armed with enough research and advice. Also please realize that while a clean liver can make your skin look amazing, sometimes it takes several liver cleanses to achieve it.

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to provide an easy miracle solution, but I wanted to provide an article that told the truth without giving any false hopes. But, you can improve the appearance of the blackheads and clogged pores on your nose quite easily by using a salicylic acid product. And by working more on the health of your insides, the quality of your skin isn’t the only thing that will improve. You will also be working towards a healthier and happier life

#7 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (roderick9van @ Dec 1 2010, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First I want to point out that many people have blackheads on their nose. Anyone that claims they don’t may just not get close enough in the mirror to see them. Those of us with acne prone skin have this habit of studying our skin ridiculously close to the mirror, so of course we’re going to find all possible minor imperfections on our skin.

So next time you have the chance to get close enough to your friends and families skin without looking too creepy, take a look at their nose. I can guarantee you that a lot of them will have a nose full of grayish-black dots.

The reason why you didn’t see them on your friends noses before was because blackheads are so small and too hard to see unless you look really close. So please keep in mind that your nose blackheads are like that too, very small and most likely only noticeable by you!

It’s also important to note that those dots on your nose aren’t always technically blackheads. A blackhead is a blocked pore filled with dead skin cells and oil that’s oxidized and turned black on contact with air. Sometimes the dots on your nose are just enlarged pores filled with a bit of oil, not blackheads. This is why they can be a lighter grayish color than the usual darker blackheads.

Why do I get so many blackheads on my nose?

The reason why you get this annoying problem on your nose is because that area is smack bang in the middle of the t-zone, which is the oiliest part of your face. Our t-zone is oilier because oil glands are more concentrated in this area. And more oil glands means more oil.

And these pores generally get a little larger and a little oilier with age. Kind of like how they say your nose and ears are the two parts of your body that never stop growing. I guess this is just another one of those annoying things beyond our control.

I want to get rid of the blackheads, how do I do that?

Unfortunately there’s no easy permanent solution, because as soon as you clear the oil and blackheads out, you’re left with an empty open pore that can easily fill back in again. So if you want to permanently keep your nose looking clean and clear, you’ll need to continuously maintain your skin in that area.

In the past I’ve tried natural exfoliation methods like organic scrubs, using clay masks and adding baking-soda to my cleanser, but none have made any difference to my nose blackheads.

The only thing that has worked is unfortunately not a natural solution, and I feel like I’m sounding like a broken record here mentioning this product – because the only thing that’s worked for me is salicylic acid. And in particular Paula’s Choice 2% BHA. Salicylic acid is a deep pore exfoliant which encourages pores to soften and push the gunk out to the surface which is why it works.

I’m not sure if other salicylic acid products will work as well, but I’d love to hear from you if you’ve tried one and it does.

But I will stress again, while the BHA will help to clear out the pores on your nose, it is not a permanent solution. You will need to continue to use the BHA regularly. Maybe not every day, but every other day at least. This comes with its problems too. Your skin can get too used to the BHA and start to rely on it. Honestly, it’s worth considering how bad your blackheads on your nose really are, and if you want to muck around with the natural balance of your skin by indefinitely applying a salicylic acid product like this.

I have written a review on Paul’s Choice BHA that is worth reading if you haven’t already. I explain in detail why you don’t want to rely on a salicylic acid product like this for an indefinite amount of time.

What about pore strips?

Pore strips are okay. I’ve heard mixed reviews about them. Some experts say they’re bad because they can damage and tear the skin. Others say you’re just unnaturally pulling the clogged stuff out without changing the structure of the pore at all so it just fills back up with oil and dead skin cells again.

However, there are some actual users of pore strips who swear by them.

The real cure is from the inside out

If you have a lot of blackheads then usually it’s a sign of a congested liver, so the best and most permanent way to clear your blackheads is to combine the salicylic acid product with a liver flush or liver cleansing diet.

However, a liver flush isn’t going to make your blackheads disappear over night so before you jump into an intense liver flush, you want to be sure you’re doing it for the right reasons, and you want to be armed with enough research and advice. Also please realize that while a clean liver can make your skin look amazing, sometimes it takes several liver cleanses to achieve it.

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to provide an easy miracle solution, but I wanted to provide an article that told the truth without giving any false hopes. But, you can improve the appearance of the blackheads and clogged pores on your nose quite easily by using a salicylic acid product. And by working more on the health of your insides, the quality of your skin isn’t the only thing that will improve. You will also be working towards a healthier and happier life

regarding the liver flush, is it safe? also, its annoying thats eVERY SINGLE BLACKHEAD leaves a hole. i hate this shit.

Regarding the bha, would aha work just as well (acne.org aha?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users