Photo

Getting on a Clinical Trial for this...uber excited

clinical co2 subcision depression

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

Well, after realizing that DEEP FX alone will not make my skin perfect, I set out on a quest to research other avenues I can try while having the DEEP FX. I called a doctor in South Denver who is conducting clinical trails for this new treatment where your platelet-rich blood is drawn, centrifuged and re-injected after subcision into acne depressions to add volume through cell regeneration. I think the procedure is formally called PRP. Not sure of the particulars, need to research more, but when I hear clinical trials, my antennas go up! All I would have to pay for is the cost of the materials, so only a few hundred. Anyway, anybody familiar with this:

http://www.selphyl.com/

I know I seem obsessive, but I am going to win this battle if it kills me, and hopefully share some information on what REALLY works with everybody here. I think going after the latest and greatest is the best way to have hope rather than trying the older procedures that we all know are ultimately disappointing in the end for acne pitting, eg dermbrasion, CO2, etc.

I have an appointment scheduled for 9/17. I feel like I'm pulling out the big guns here, and there's this renewed sense of promise eusa_dance.gif

Edited by ylem, 03 September 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#2 Axle

Axle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

That sounds interesting, but i dont think its something new. GL

#3 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

I need to do a search on the beard to see who has tried this.

My top procedures right now for battling my acne scars are (MULTIPLE ROUNDS OF EACH, OF COURSE ALONG WITH SOME PDT AND ABSTAINING FROM DAIRY FOR ADDRESSING ANY PESKY ADDITIONAL BREAKOUTS):

DEEP FX
SUBCISION SUCTION
PRP

Don't know when I can have the subcision suction though as the Iranian doctor has failed to respond to any more of my emails for some strange reason. I'll update the other thread about it.

Edited by ylem, 03 September 2010 - 04:36 PM.

#4 Leo Messi

Leo Messi

Barcelonista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (ylem @ Sep 3 2010, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My top procedures right now for battling my acne scars are:

DEEP FX
SUBCISION SUCTION
PRP

Subcision suction seems promising, but I'd think twice before doing a laser... prp seems to be a more natural way, so I'd stick to subcision suction followed by prp...
Anyhoo, good luck to you and keep us up to date! are you gonna post some pics? you know it's going to be really appreciated by the whole community if you do so. Let us share the struggles of this journey amongside, dude.

#5 Leo Messi

Leo Messi

Barcelonista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

BTW, Ylemm, Did you ever try CROSS?

#6 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Benni B. @ Sep 3 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DEEP FX
SUBCISION SUCTION
PRP

Subcision suction seems promising, but I'd think twice before doing a laser... prp seems to be a more natural way, so I'd stick to subcision suction followed by prp...
Anyhoo, good luck to you and keep us up to date! are you gonna post some pics? you know it's going to be really appreciated by the whole community if you do so. Let us share the struggles of this journey amongside, dude.

Actually, I posted a pic right after my first subcision + DEEP FX. Check my thread on FRAXEL VS DEEP FX. Dudley Do Right claims 60%+ improvement after 3 sessions with the fractionated laser. I am hoping fractionated lasers are effective IN COMBINATION with other acne scar treatment procedures, which Dudley, as far as im aware did not have, and still got good improvement from doing multiple laser sessions alone. This is why I insisted on subcision right before my max setting DEEP FX treatment.

Edited by ylem, 03 September 2010 - 04:45 PM.

#7 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Benni B. @ Sep 3 2010, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW, Ylemm, Did you ever try CROSS?

No, because it is hard to find a doctor who uses it and it is risky trying to do it yourself. This is also a treatment that comes with very mixed reviews, IMHO.

Have you tried lasers before for your scars? You have the exact same kind of scarring I do on your cheeks from your pic.

Edited by ylem, 03 September 2010 - 04:47 PM.

#8 Leo Messi

Leo Messi

Barcelonista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (ylem @ Sep 3 2010, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Benni B. @ Sep 3 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DEEP FX
SUBCISION SUCTION
PRP

Actually, I posted a pic right after my first subcision + DEEP FX. Check my thread on FRAXEL VS DEEP FX. Dudley Do Right claims 60%+ improvement after 3 sessions with the fractionated laser. I am hoping fractionated lasers are effective IN COMBINATION with other acne scar treatment procedures. This is why I insisted on subcision right before my max setting DEEP FX treatment.

well it's up to you whether to post the pic or not to, I already told you how gratefull would we all be if you'd share with us. I 'm pretty sure, that people would want to follow the photographic evidence of your improvement or god forbid - failure...

#9 Leo Messi

Leo Messi

Barcelonista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

oops!pardon me for double-posting, lol

Edited by Benni B., 03 September 2010 - 04:51 PM.

#10 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

iM LOOKING FOR ANY REVIEWS OF ANYONE WHO HAS HAD prp DONE BEFORE FOR ROLLING SCARS. i KNOW ONE GUY WAS COMPLAINING OF NO RESULTS WITH IT BUT HE WAS HAVING SOME KIND OF HYPERTROHPIC SCAR TREATED ON HIS NOSE. IM GUESSING IM ON A CLINICAL TRIAL FOR THIS BECAUSE NOBODY IS REALLY PERFORMING IT YET IN THE STATES FOR ACNE SCARS, AND I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT IT.

#11 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

While I can hardly find much info on PRP on the board, I did find some dissapointing perspectives on this treatment from some MD's on realself. As one doctor aptly points out, there is not a shred of scientific evidence showing how the platelet-rich blood induces regeneration of lost collagen at the depressed sites, and the before and afters were altered from what he saw:

http://www.realself....ion-fact-review

Edited by ylem, 03 September 2010 - 08:39 PM.

#12 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

yo ylem, have u tried this method out yet? and if not wat is ur next plan of action to treat ur scars?? just curious eusa_shifty.gif

#13 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

PRP does look promising tho after seeing the pics on this site

http://www.mcmedgrou...mcacnescar.html

#14 PaulyD

PaulyD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:43 PM

Every treatment looks promising in marketing before and afters

#15 sanjoseskin

sanjoseskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (ylem @ Sep 3 2010, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know when I can have the subcision suction though as the Iranian doctor has failed to respond to any more of my emails for some strange reason. I'll update the other thread about it.

Dear ylem,

Over the years I have read your posts. Sad to admit I been a member here that long, wish I never had acne scars.

Your struggle makes me sad because it reminds me of myself. I think you should take a break from visiting this site and gain your sanity back. This forum has a way of consuming ones life.
Are you really going to fly to Iran to see a doctor, or is the Iranian doctor in the states?

I wish you luck on your clinical trial. You may want to do a little more research, and hard press the doctor, make sure there is absolutely no way for the cells to differentiate into non-skin cells. Meaning, make sure the injection doesn't cause growth of finger nails or muscle or some other type of tissue at the injection site.

Anyway, I do wish you luck, and hope you take my advice about this site. I try to only visit once a few months now.

I've been at this battle for 13 years now, and other than a couple new variations on lasers, nothing promising has developed recently. Same old sh*t basically. I hope you get great results with the clinical trial.

Edited by sanjoseskin, 25 December 2010 - 02:47 AM.