28 replies to this topic

#1 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

Well, I've just had C02 laser for my pitted scarring and fingers crossed THIS works...this is about the last thing I'm willing to try...Will let anyone know any info they like about this laser if anyone has questions... wink.gif

#2 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting rid of my scars!!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

deep fx is simialr to what you had and you need many sessions for noticeable improvement. Be ready to spend thousands. Im breaking the bank for it, along with trying some other things in combination because I want to FINALLY see some REAL results.

#3 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

Don't think we have Deep Fx or whatever over here...C02 (Smart dot) is the best we have at the moment. I've already spent thousands over the past 10 years so this is a drop in the ocean and lucky for me the scars I have are rolling, boxcar and may only need one treatment. The derm also injected some Juvederm into the deeper scars as a bonus. It sucks what we have to go through. The money and downtime...wish there was a magical pill that would take us back to having the skin of an 8 year old but no!! Damn it!

#4 wighto

wighto

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

What thousands!? it cost £300 for smartxide here, thats insane lol

#5 Ziko

Ziko

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (wighto @ Sep 4 2010, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What thousands!? it cost £300 for smartxide here, thats insane lol

Yeah, I'm guessing you are European too. I paid about $475 for Deep FX in Germany ;-)

#6 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:36 PM

Hey, it cost $1890 here is Australia which is fairly cheap compared to the Erbium. I had that done about 9 years ago and that set me back $5000. I'm still swollen and red with this pattern across my face so abit early to tell if it has worked. The derm hit it hard as I've read online some people are back to work in 3 days and wearing makeup! No way!! Will be atleast another 4 days. Will try to post pics before and after.

#7 needinfonow

needinfonow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

hey nessie, interested to see how it works out for you? let us know. does this work for ice pick as well? I am in Sydney so if people know of any good places in Sydney (AUS) then i would be interested in hearing from them.

#8 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

Hi there, yes it does work for ice pick scarring but I hear you probably need 2 or maybe 3 treatments. I have those rolling, boxcar type scars that are wide and kind of deep. They are indented and because I have a fairly thin face, they are looking worse as I get older eusa_boohoo.gif The nurse who applied the numbing lotion said I may need 2 treatments and then said in the next breath maybe I won't because my scars aren't ice pick. He then went on to say that this type of laser is really good for all types of scarring even ice pick but with the ice pick scars you will need 2 maybe 3. I have googled it alot lately because I've been waiting awhile for appointment (Derm is always booked out!) and the feedback seems to be that this laser is even good for stretch marks so I'm thinking it must work for scarring no matter what type. The swelling has gone down alot since yesterday and skin is not so red but still hanging at home putting Vaseline on every few hours. Nice! I would definately look into it but I'm not sure who does this in Sydney. Mr Sunshine is on these boards and he's from Sydney, he may be able to help?

#9 Starlite

Starlite

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:42 AM

I am very interested in getting a treatment with this laser so please keep us updated!

#10 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

It's been 4 days since I had the laser and skin is starting to peel. It's gone really dark and tanned in certain places and red and patchy in others. Still putting Vaseoline on 4 times a day and I'm allowed to wash it once a day with Cetaphil. It is so tempting to rub and pick but I'm just letting my skin do it's job. The swelling has nearly gone...got cheek bones again!. It's not sore at all but the itching drove me mad last night and I feel like I haven't had a good nights sleep since Thurs. So far the scarring looks like it's gone but I'm not getting overly excited yet. I felt really excited after my first Fraxel laser 5 years ago and thought all the pitting had gone but was disappointed in the end to find it was still there. The swelling does make your skin look alot smoother than it is, ofcourse, so I will probably get a real indication as to how well this laser has worked in a week or so and I have heard your skin can keep improving for up to 6 months. Still taking antibiotics and Vit c tabs as well as Spirilina and drinking alot of water. Feeling fairly positive but time will tell. Trying to post some pics but keep getting knocked back due to the size. Any tips anyone? I don't think my computer has a size reduction setting.

#11 needinfonow

needinfonow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

hey nessie,

thanks for update. i might look into this. really interested to see how you find it so will follow this thread.

are you back at work or is the swelling and redness to noticeable? Concealer?

#12 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:17 AM

Hey...things are going well...Nearly completely peeled. Went into Derms office today for weekly checkup (the downtime did go fairly fast) and saw the nurse there. He said I'm coming along nicely except for the redness and swelling. Still rather red across cheeks. Forehead, chin and temples looking a treat but the cheeks still rather red. The Derm did two passes over cheeks as this is where the scarring is. The nurse made another appointment for 5 weeks time which will be the 6 weekly check and take it from there. At the moment still too early to determine the effectiveness of treatment and whether I will need a second one. I asked the nurses opinion on this and he said it's really up to the Derm and I just need to wait. As far as after care goes, I'm still applying Vaseoline 3 times a day and washing with Cetaphil. Nurse said I can wear makeup now if needed but has to be mineral makeup. I can wear whatever eye and lip makeup I want but mineral on skin. I feel like I don't want to wear any at all but I will see how it all pans out in a few more days. Haven't been back to work. Going back Sat morning (two days from now). I can see the scarring still but it does seem to be alot smoother. The nurse was a tad confusing. He said my skin is looking great then went on to say not to get my hopes up. I know at the moment I probably still have micro swelling - I just wish it would stay like this. If it did, I would be absolutley over the moon! I may need another C02 Smartdot or may just need the normal Fraxel or I may not need a thing. It's all about waiting it out at the moment. The nurse also reminded me that my skin will keep improving over the next 6 months. I have had great feedback from my fella. He was starring at it tonight and said it looks so glowing and smooth and couldn't believe I didn't have any makeup on at all! I normally won't leave the house without foundation. Thanks for checking in and honestly, if my skin stays as it is now...I would be giving the Smartdot and huge thumbs up!! Fingers crossed... eusa_pray.gif

#13 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

So, it's been 10 days since the laser and I wore makeup yesterday for the first time since I've had it done. (Mineral powder and/or foundation is recommended). I only needed powder and I can't tell you how happy I am! I couldn't believe how my skin looked. I went to a party after work and had a quick glance in the mirror in the toilet and instead of sighing and having to cake on more heavy foundation without it covering any of the scarring, I saw this smooth, glowing skin looking back and me and I couldn't help smiling! I thought to myself, "Oh, that's right...I don't think I have acne scarring on my face anymore...in fact, my skin looks fantastic!". I can't remember feeling so confident and during my time at the party I didn't have to find "good lighting" or sit with my hand half way across my face to try to hide the scars. I didn't feel self conscious at all which is weird after all these years. It feels so good to finally have nice skin. I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself and that it keeps improving. I may still have some micro swelling which makes the scarring look alot smoother than it is.

#14 wighto

wighto

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

Soo, how is it now? Thinks it's worth getting?

#15 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

Yes...it's looking really good. Still not having to wear any foundation or powder on skin which I haven't done in years. I always wear alot of foundation in the hope of trying to cover up the scars and ofcourse it never really worked. Skin is very smooth, no marks at all and just a healthy glow on cheeks. I can still see 2 smallish scars (little dents) on my lower right cheek - this is where the worst scarring was but I can only see it in certain light. I am happy I guess but still not sure if I have some swelling. I'm taking alot of vit c and crossing my fingers.

#16 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:fighting acne/scars...

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

Sounds good so far! im sure it will keep getting better for the next couple weeks/months..i have my fingers crossed for u also surprised.gif

#17 lameleah

lameleah

Catch me when I fall

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

thats nice nessie! GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES! smile.gif

please post us a before pic if you dont mind. thank you!

#18 Ziko

Ziko

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (nessie01 @ Sep 16 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes...it's looking really good. Still not having to wear any foundation or powder on skin which I haven't done in years. I always wear alot of foundation in the hope of trying to cover up the scars and ofcourse it never really worked. Skin is very smooth, no marks at all and just a healthy glow on cheeks. I can still see 2 smallish scars (little dents) on my lower right cheek - this is where the worst scarring was but I can only see it in certain light. I am happy I guess but still not sure if I have some swelling. I'm taking alot of vit c and crossing my fingers.

Can you tell us what your scarring used to look like? Because honestly.. if your scars are all gone after 1 smartxide treatment they had to be really shallow.

Or maybe this is the revolutionary treatment everyones waiting for wink.gif

#19 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:53 AM

Yeap sure...I had very bad cystic acne about 10 years ago and ended up on Roaccutane. It helped a great deal but I ended up with the rolling, boxcar kind of scars mainly where my acne was which was along the jawline and lower cheeks. I tried all types of creams, retin a, 3 x fraxel lasers, retin a peels, and even filler which was great but just didn't last. I will try to post some before pics, straight after (during recovery) and now...

#20 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:56 AM

I've created a gallery of before, during and after procedure on my profile. Just waiting for it to be uploaded.