Photo

*****spironolactone/retin A Micro Log***** I Am Clear!

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#21 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

TWO WEEKS

OKay, so maybe I was being a little hard on myself yesterday because when I did a pimple count, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Here goes:

RIGHT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, 2 (pink) healing, 7 clogged pores
LEFT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, 3 (pink) healing, 10 clogged pores
CHIN: ZERO
Forehead: ZERO
Red marks: Counting the active pimples, I have 5-8, depending on how picky I am being.

So...I have no active pimples, but I still have loads of clogged pores, actually 2 more than last week.

These clogged pore counts, btw, are very generous. If I was being uber picky, I could probably find/count 10 more. For this purpose, though, I'm only counting the ones that are raised, flesh colored bumps. The other ones are micoscopic, it's just a question of whether they'll sprout or dissipate.

#22 Twizzlers

Twizzlers

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

Well, I'm happy to hear that today you are having a better day! razz.gif I am curious...have you had any other symptoms from your PCOS besides acne? Lately my hair has been thinning out a lot. I heard that spiro was supposed to help with that...omg....I hope so. I swear, If it's not one thing it's another.. eusa_wall.gif

#23 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

DAY 16

Actually, my face is looking good today. In fact, I have a cluster of clogged pores on my left cheek that sprouted up 2 days ago and they are diminishing. They usually take WAY longer to go away than 2 days.
Also, I am truly LOVING the Jojoba oil that I bought from this site! I typically don't want to review anything that I haven't been on for at least 3 months, but wow - I love it. I don't know that it's helping with the pimples, since I'm on the Retin A and Spiro, but it doesn't seem to be causing them, and I love how soft and even my skin tone is - LOVE IT SO FAR!

Twizzlers,
I DO have thin hair, but I also have naturally thin hair, so it's hard to say if it's PCOS related. My hair does fall out a lot, but not to the point where I notice thining hair/balding spots. I hope Spiro does thicken it up, nonetheless!! I hope you doing good with the Spiro. The side effect that I felt early on was fatigue, but it seems to be dwindling. I also do experience the occassional heart palpitation...BUT...I have a history of PACs, or premature atrial contractions, which is a benign condition, and these palps could be attributed to the Spiro or PACs, or both. I don't like it, but I am used to it (I've dealt with this for over 10 years) and had all the tests done on them, and they always come back benign. They just feel scary. If they worsen, though, I am going to call the dr. just to let him know what's going on. At this point I'm just trying to see if I'm getting more than I normally do.

Edited by *ShiningStar*, 18 October 2010 - 11:50 AM.

#24 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

DAY 17

Nothing new to report. My right side is really looking good in terms of not seeing any new clogged pores. My left side, particularly on the lower right seems to get the most clogged pores. No inflammed pimples, but it looks like 2 clogged pores want to surface, so that could be ugly.

#25 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:41 AM

THREE WEEKS

Things are looking good, AND I started my monthly friend on Sunday.

RIGHT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, ZERO (pink) healing, 1 clogged pore! Amazing!!
LEFT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, 2 (pink) healing, 10 clogged pores
Red marks: I have 3-5, depending on how picky I am being.

Soo...I am happy. I have no active pimples and 2 healing on my whole face! I am down to 3-5 red marks and 11 clogged pores. This is much improvement from 3 weeks ago and an AMAZING improvement from May 2010!

Also, I wanted to note that I've counted 10 clogged pores on my left side for the past 3 weeks - BUT - they are not the same ones. For some reason, as old ones heal, new ones still seem to be sprouting up, albeit, at a much slower pace, since I'm averaging 10 and I used to average well over 20. So, I'm going to be patient and continue on...

Edited by *ShiningStar*, 21 September 2010 - 10:48 AM.

#26 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

DAY 22

Things seem to be gettng better each day. For the first time in 5 months I feel I'm back in control. Thank you, Jesus.
Although the acne is on its way out, I do have to deal with the PIH, not fun. I don't expect a full recovery from the red marks for 6 months. Hopefully, I won't be adding new ones along the way.

#27 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:08 AM

FOUR WEEKS/ ONE MONTH

RIGHT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, ZERO (pink) healing, 1 clogged pore
LEFT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, 4 (pink) healing, 5 clogged pores
Red marks: Counting the healing pimples, I have 5-8, depending on how picky I am being.

Opps, I did it again, I picked some of the clogged pores a few days ago, and of course I only made them worse, and now they are healing/pink.

The left side of my face is so problematic. I can't understand it. This week is fairly comparable to last week, since I caused the clogged pores to turn into pimples. The left side just won't drop below 10. Everything else is really good. But the left side looks HORRENDOUS because of my self-inflicted abuse.

#28 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

I forgot to note this yesterday. Although my face appears to be getting better, within the last 4 days, I have been getting pimples in my scalp (4), back (2), one on my chest and embarrassingly enough, 4 on my rear. This is extremely unusual for me. And they are painful pimples. I don't know what to make of it.

#29 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

FIVE WEEKS

RIGHT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, ZERO (pink) healing, 0 clogged pores
LEFT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, 1 (pink) healing, 2 clogged pores
Red marks: Counting the healing pimples, I have 3-5, depending on how picky I am being.

Things are going GREAT!! The left side of my face is finally improving. I have been fighting this battle since May 2010, and after 4 months, I think I'm winning. If things continue are this rate, I should be completely clear and red mark free by the end of the month!!!

Edited by *ShiningStar*, 05 October 2010 - 01:10 PM.

#30 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

SIX WEEKS

RIGHT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, TWO (pink) healing, 1 clogged pores
LEFT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, ZERO (pink) healing, 2 clogged pores
Red marks: Counting the healing pimples, I have 5-8, depending on how picky I am being.

Well, things were going great, but then some small (smaller than than the ones I was getting) clogged pores starting appearing on my right side, again, after having none. So, two of them surfaced, and they were ready to come out, so I had to do it. They came right out, but I am left with two, small pink marks. The discouraging part is that the clogged pores still aren't gone. They are coming much less often, but as of six weeks into Spiro and 5 months on Retin A, they haven't stopped.

#31 Hopeful~

Hopeful~

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (*ShiningStar* @ Oct 12 2010, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SIX WEEKS

RIGHT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, TWO (pink) healing, 1 clogged pores

Well, things were going great, but then some small (smaller than than the ones I was getting) clogged pores starting appearing on my right side, again, after having none. So, two of them surfaced, and they were ready to come out, so I had to do it. They came right out, but I am left with two, small pink marks. The discouraging part is that the clogged pores still aren't gone. They are coming much less often, but as of six weeks into Spiro and 5 months on Retin A, they haven't stopped.

OMG!! Finally, you are in the same boat I am in! I did not start getting acne until about 4 months ago and i am 27!!! I always had perfect skin, but it just hit me out of nowhere. I have tried doxy, allergic to bactrim, and have tried tetra, now i have been on spiro for about 1 month now. I have retin a again, but i am too scared to use it for fear of more indented scars! My scars are already freaking ugly, so I don't want to make them worse, as I have heard from others on here that it has done the same and they discontinued use. The spiro seems to be helping, but it has made me break out on the right side of my face where I've never even had pimples!! Ugh, i am so disgusted that I don't even know what to do. Do you have any scarring, like indents or anything? If so, has retin a helped them at all? Thanks and I hope all works well for you!

#32 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

Hi hopeful,

No, I can't say that Retin A has left me with any indented scars. After an extended period of consistent use, I have noticed that my skin is smoother and more even toned than prior to using it. This wasn't an immediate result, as it did take time, probably three months to notice.

I also notice that overuse of Retin A, such as using it in a glob as a spot treatment, will make healing pimples redder than they would otherwise be, thereby taking much longer to heal. So don't spot treat with Retin A, stick with the recommended dosage, a pea sized amount.

Spiro can cause an initial break out, so don't get too discouraged. Stick with it for a minimum of 3 months, and as long as things are improving at three months, push on, because sometimes it takes longer than that.

Good luck.

#33 Hopeful~

Hopeful~

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (*ShiningStar* @ Oct 15 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi hopeful,

No, I can't say that Retin A has left me with any indented scars. After an extended period of consistent use, I have noticed that my skin is smoother and more even toned than prior to using it. This wasn't an immediate result, as it did take time, probably three months to notice.

I also notice that overuse of Retin A, such as using it in a glob as a spot treatment, will make healing pimples redder than they would otherwise be, thereby taking much longer to heal. So don't spot treat with Retin A, stick with the recommended dosage, a pea sized amount.

Spiro can cause an initial break out, so don't get too discouraged. Stick with it for a minimum of 3 months, and as long as things are improving at three months, push on, because sometimes it takes longer than that.

Good luck.

Thanks so much, I just need to be patient with it, it can't happen overnight! LOL Well I have decided to stick with the Retin A, besides at least I can start batteling fine lines! LOL How is your acne? Seem to be getting better?

#34 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:27 PM

Yes. Things are MUCH improved! I am almost back to normal, which translates to clear skin. The only thing I really have left to battle are a few clogged pores and red marks. All in all, though, I have about a 90% improvement if comparing to May 2010. I had about a 75% improvement on Retin A alone and the Spiro is what's bringing it up to the 90% mark, and I really think that I could be problem free in another month.
Whatever you do, though, think LONG TERM. Make your goal in terms of months and not weeks. Afterall, prior to starting any treatment (started Retin A in July and Spiro in Sept) my acne/pimple problem would have been classified as mild and I'm on my 4th month of presecription treatment and not 100% clear, but I'm almost there. So if I had moderate to severe acne, I truly wouldn't expect to be clear for 9-12 months.

Edited by *ShiningStar*, 16 October 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#35 Hopeful~

Hopeful~

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (*ShiningStar* @ Oct 16 2010, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. Things are MUCH improved! I am almost back to normal, which translates to clear skin. The only thing I really have left to battle are a few clogged pores and red marks. All in all, though, I have about a 90% improvement if comparing to May 2010. I had about a 75% improvement on Retin A alone and the Spiro is what's bringing it up to the 90% mark, and I really think that I could be problem free in another month.
Whatever you do, though, think LONG TERM. Make your goal in terms of months and not weeks. Afterall, prior to starting any treatment (started Retin A in July and Spiro in Sept) my acne/pimple problem would have been classified as mild and I'm on my 4th month of presecription treatment and not 100% clear, but I'm almost there. So if I had moderate to severe acne, I truly wouldn't expect to be clear for 9-12 months.

That is awesome! I am so happy for you and it gives me hope!! Are you going to stay on spiro for awhile, or what's your plan. I have heard that once some people come off that it just gets freaking nutso with acne!! Im kinda scared about that, but I've heard others that have stayed on it for years. What do you think?

#36 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

I cannot believe how much better my face has been since starting Spiro. I have NO active pimples, and I really haven't had an active pimple in a while. Also, my monthly friend came to visit on Friday, and my skin didn't suffer AT ALL. I do have a few clogged pores and a few red marks, but they get better each day. Also, for the first time in a LONG time, I haven't had to wear cover-up. I do wear mineral (powder) foundation, although I could get away with just pressed powder. When I look in the mirror my face is no longer dominated bt flesh colored bumps, it's is so smooth, and it feels so smooth when I wash it, too.
I can't wait to review Jojoba Oil and Spiro. I like to wait until I've been on a product at least 3 months before I write a review, and I'm on week 7.

Hopeful ~
I really don't have a plan, since I never dealt with problematic acne/clogged pores before. For now, I plan to stay on it indefinitely as long as I'm not experiencing s/e from the Spiro. I do plan to stay on Retin A for life, as there are so many additional benifits to using it, other than eliminating acne. I'm on a fairly low dose of Spiro (50 mg), so there really shouldn't be a problem with long term use.

#37 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

SEVEN WEEKS
RIGHT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, ZERO(pink) healing, 2 small clogged pores
Red marks: Counting the healing pimples, I have 3-5, depending on how picky I am being.

My skin is looking so great. While I do have 4 small clogged pores remaining, they are nearly invisible (compared to the other, larger, clogged pores that I was getting). In fact, I don't even know that I would have noticed them if I wasn't hunting. So that is 7 complete weeks on Spiro and nearly 4 months on Retin A. The red marks are slowly fadining, and I only need a touch of pressed powder to cover them up. My skin is smooth for the first time in a long time.

#38 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

Well, I just had to jump on here real quick to post the unfortunate news. I have a load of NEW clogged pores to report. Again, they ARE smaller than the previous ones, but I would estimate about 10 on each side. This is very discouraging. None of them are inflammed, and my skin looks clear from a distance, but the bumps exist and it's anyone's guess as to their inflammatory tendencies.
I'm trying to rack my brain, thinking about what I may have done differently in the past 2-3 days. Well, I haven't changed my cleansing/medication system AT ALL, but I'm wondering if it's something I'm ingesting.
This is so horrible. I have a derm appt. next Fri., but what more can she possibly do for me? I'm on two notably successful prescription medications.
I can't fucking stand this. Five fucking months of PURE hell, and the problem still exists. It seems to be controlled, but not eliminated. WTF?
Something definitely caused this out break, but it's a complete mystery. Until I find the culprit, I'll never be clear. I'm going to have to start eliminating, which could take MONTHS to evalutate. I'm going to start with artificial sweeteners. I've used them for years, but bodies change, and Splenda isn't great for me, anyway. So tomorrow, I'm going to eliminate it (I've already have my coffee with Splenda today), and access after 3 weeks. I'm going to miis you, Splenda.

#39 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:32 PM

EIGHT WEEKS

RIGHT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, 1 (pink) healing, 3 small clogged pores
LEFT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples,2 (pink) healing, 3 clogged pores

I am SO disgusted. Things were looking up, and then BAM out of nowhere, I get a slew of clogged pores, two of which came to an immediate head, which is why I now have 3 pink marks from healing pimples on my face.
I have a derm appt. tomorrow.
I'm officially 2 months on Spiro and 4 months on Retin A. I'm at an 80% improvement, down from 90% a couple weeks ago.

Edited by *ShiningStar*, 28 October 2010 - 01:33 PM.

#40 *ShiningStar*

*ShiningStar*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

NINE WEEKS

RIGHT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, 2 (pink) healing, ZERO clogged pores
LEFT SIDE: ZERO red, active pimples, ZERO (pink) healing, 1 clogged pores
Red marks: Counting the healing pimples, I have 2-4, depending on how picking I'm being.

Well, things are looking up, once again. I hope this continues. I certainly did not expect to be still fighting this after 6 months. My face looks good. I am down to 1 clogged pore on my entire face and two pink healing pimples, and 1-2 red marks left from previous pimples.