Photo

Is this Mint Tea ok to drink?

ginger

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Grind

Grind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

I'm english so i NEED my cup of tea in the morning and afternoon. but i have to have milk in it, or if i have it black, i have to have sugar in it... so one way or the other, its not good for my skin.

i've been trying to drink these herbal tea's instead to get off the regular tea

this is one of them

Three Mint contains:
Peppermint leaf
Spearmint leaf
Fieldmint

http://www.pukkaherb...ree-ginger.html

same as Dr. Stuarts i have them sometimes as well

i just want to know, just in case. because i still have a few i want to get rid of and i dont want the tea giving me anything dodgy

i cut out all dairy thus far, all bread, all sweet things, even fruit now in my smoothie i just drink it pure green (hold my nose and down it).

#2 vodkapoptart

vodkapoptart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

Use honey as a natural sweetener. It will help with acne too. I even put a bit of honey in my green smoothies. Makes it taste a bit better going down.

#3 Trae Michael

Trae Michael

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:20 PM

Yeah I agree, honey is definitely a great alternative sweetener, and it naturally fights bacteria. I laughed when I read your post, because English people drink tea like we drink coffee, I would have never thought to add milk in my tea when I drink it, that is strange to an American. Anyways, good luck!
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid...than to open it and remove all doubt.---Mark Twain

#4 Grind

Grind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:33 AM

ok i will try honey

but black tea i just cant get along with, i need milk in it

the british like to put milk in their tea for 100's of years since India was part of the british empire.

the indians for however long before the british empire had masala tea, which is a mix of different spices and tea leaves in boiled milk. the reason for the spices is because of medical reasons, and the reason for the milk was because it prevents stomach ulcers. stomach ulcers are common place in countries that eat spicy food with a lot of chili's, such as india and thailand (chilis have addictive properties), and black tea has something in it which can also cause stomach ulcers. so the milk helps prevent it from messing with your stomach. tea also has caffeine and other eliments which probably have addictive qualities.

the british didnt like the spices so much but of course enjoy the tea, so just did the milk and the tea, leave out the spices.

and thats where we are today haha

i'm sure there are a shit load of other reasons, but i dont know what they are.. i just fucking love a good cup of tea hahh

btw. any comments on the mint tea? i had 2 cups already today

#5 captainsunshine

captainsunshine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Grind @ Sep 1 2010, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
btw. any comments on the mint tea? i had 2 cups already today

you should be okay with that mint mix. Personally I drink Sainsbury's Pure Peppermint, and Clipper Dandelion tea from Holland and Barretts.

Be careful of Twinings tea, they put small print ingredients on the back of the box. I bought a cleanse tea last week cause the front said Peppermint, Nettle and Milk Thistle. Got it home and found on the back it also has liquorice, burdock and aniseed, all of which I avoid.
Keep meat lean, and juices green...

#6 clc111

clc111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

Do some research on spearmint, it can affect your hormones (good or bad). Some even complain that they get headaches from spearmint tea. I like to sweeten my tea with stevia.

#7 Grind

Grind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

thanks guys for the comments

seems there is nothing wrong with the tea

i got some nice expensive honey the other day and now i'm fucking addicted. it goes in the green smoothies and tea and sometimes eat a spoon full out of the jar

and because i cant eat normal desert foods if i need a desert i'll just grab handfuls of the frozen fruit and bannanas etc and pour honey on it

i'm hoping that it wont cause any damage. if it does, then i'll stop and just limit it to going into the tea

#8 Naturalis

Naturalis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:24 AM

Honey isn't much better than normal sugar really.

You could also try stevia for sweetening. I have used Wisdom Natural's liquid stevia with rooibos tea and it tastes great. I have heard that some of them have bitter aftertaste but that doesn't have any aftertaste really.

#9 CelloIsLove

CelloIsLove

Pedo-stache <3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:07 PM

You could also try an alternative creamer, like almond milk in your tea.

Also, mint tea is fine. A lot of people say it helps to balance hormones.

I'm CelloIsLove.

Here's the problem I see:

People want to heal their acne through diet and lifestyle. Great. But then they get obsessed only with their skin and not how they FEEL. Physically. Emotionally. What is the quality of your life? It's not directly connected to your flesh, I can tell you that. Then obsess over their food. They hear "diet" and think low-fat, juicing, fasting, cleansing, starving. You're young. Do you really think you have liver failure? Do you really think you need more fiber?

Paleo changed my life. It's the only lifestyle that ever helped me-not just with my skin, but with my life. My happiness. My fitness. It says, "Eat good quality meats. Eat lots of veggies. Eat fruit too. Some nuts. Then go outside. Walk around. See the world. Play with friends. Lift heavy things. Get some sun. Then go sleep, wake up and do it again." What that means to me is to live an enjoyable, happy, dynamic life where I can be the best me for the people I love, not anxious, not angry, not depressed.

Be gentle to your skin, your heart, your tummy, and your life.

Get out there and live.

And also eat bacon.

#10 Grind

Grind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Naturalis @ Sep 15 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honey isn't much better than normal sugar really.

right. back to square 1 on that then *throws honey in the trash*

#11 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

i love mint tea - well peppermint tea (are we talking about the same thing?) i used to add milk to it as well, but slowly stopped myself using it. oat milk is a good alternative to cows milk if you are keen. its creamier and the oats act as an anti-inflammatory.

from my research honey is much better than sugar. sure they both contain sugar, but its a very different type of sugar. for a start honey does not have refined sugars (which means the body can break it down easier) and secondly in the case of manuka money - its a good antibacterial.

i've been adding honey into my diet for a few weeks now and have had nothing but benefits from it...gooooo honey smile.gif

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey, 16 September 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#12 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Trae Michael @ Sep 1 2010, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have never thought to add milk in my tea when I drink it, that is strange to an American.

Not to all Americans. But it does have to be strong tea, either made properly in a tea pot or with strong English teabags like Typhoo. Tea made with Lipton tea bags in a cup doesn't go with milk.

I did have an English Grandmother, but so do many Americans of all ages. And not all Americans are ignorant of the habits and traditions of the rest of the world.

And yes, Op, you should try that tea, and many others like Roobois and camomile if only for their anti-inflammatory effects. The mint tea does have anti-androgen as well as estrogenic affects so it could help or hurt. You just have to try it. I drink it daily, but not hot. I brew a pitcher of iced mint tea.

I don't see how black tea with milk drinker would rather have mint tea. To drink black tea without milk or sugar, just make it weak. Or try adding lemon as they do on the Continent.

RE: HONEY. While it does have it's benefits, it still elevates blood sugar therefore insulin, therefore inflammation and androgen hormones.

Edited by alternativista, 17 September 2010 - 08:16 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!