Photo

Dermarolling Results

vitamin a dermabrasion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 scoobie_do

scoobie_do

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

Some thoughts on my 1 plus years of rolling, just what I did and I'm not saying there
aren't better ways/treatment. I chose rolling, ultrasound, led lights, topicals, supplements,
and nutrition. I have pigmentation problems from dermabrasion and moderate rolling acne
scars (not mild but not severe), chemical burn.
I'm gonna honestly say a 35% improvement, but its hard to say. I saw my "ex" a month
ago and she said I looked fantastic, actually couldn't believe my improvement. So I know its
working (havn't seen her for 1.5 years).

Rolling takes longer than I thought it would. Its so gradual, the change. This method for me
has been positive, but slow. So Im looking at a year from now to have 60-70% results (2 years).
Have to say I really, really, want nice looking skin. So I won't stop until I have it.

Once you see positive results, you're on the right road.

Thanks to lamar1986, munsoned, nancy, others, their threads are fantastic and must reading for anyone
who wants to roll. Hope my comments below help someone. Best wishes to everyone
with the technique/procedure they use with their problem scars.

ROLLING:
I have rolled with a .5 a couple of times, a 1 mm (once I think), and a 1.5 three times.
If you decide to roll, first roll with a .5 mm a couple of times to get a feel for rolling. Others
here will testify that there's a technique or feel to it. Plus there's fear factor. Rolling
with a 1.5 was really scarey the first time I did it. I went from a .5 to a 1mm, to a 1.5 mm.

Use bentadine and sterile gloves, both are pretty cheap. Since I got an infection on my
cheek from collagen injections, Im pretty paranoid about infection.

On the time frame, if you follow Dr Fernandez's theory, use the topical of your choice
for 3 months before 1.5 rolling. My deviation from Fernandez would be to initially roll
.5, .5, then at least one 1mm roll right away. Then give it a 3 month rest. My little theory
is that 1mm rolling right away helps initially kick in the process (but you gotta rest after to
get your sking working properly with topicals).

So I 1.5 rolled in sept 09, nov 09, and feb 2010. Just 3 times. I rolled really "good" the
first time. And really "heavy" the last 2 times. So for 7 months now I havn't rolled. My
best results have been in the past month.....6 months post rolling. My belief is not to
"Over-roll". If you're gonna roll a lot, do it when you first first start. You have to rest
your skin at some point. A quarter sized chemical burn has 30% healed in the month of
August for me, with no rolling at all. I look at the spot amazed when I look at myself.
Its almost strange not to see it there. Again, with no rolling, just letting nature take its
course.
I am about to roll again in September, havn't decided for sure, but probably with a 2mm,
and then rest 6 months.

LED's:
I use red, yellow, infared from LED man. Just recently, late July, I started using
4x what I normally use them, once a month (suggested by the bulgarian derm).
Otherwise, 7 minutes yellow, and 3.5 each red/infared (separately). Somedays I miss
This therapy. I worked out my times ages ago, so don't ask me to show you the math
behind it!!!.

ULTRASOUND:
2x week for 5 minutes. I ultrasound topicals deeper into my skin.

NUTRITION/SUPPLEMENTS:
Vitamin c, curcumin,beta glucan, oral collagen (kinda contraversial as to whether its absorbed),
L-proline (research this with collegan production....... "Ter-proline"), protein powder, and
just added serrapeptase and nattokinese on alternating days (these are contraversial too).
I have for 1 year and 3 months, juiced organic vegtables twice a day, only missing a few times.
Rest. No alcohol. Added l-lysine also (10/10).

TOPICALS:
Recommend a non-acidic vitamin c. I use vitamin a once a week. I will use it post-rolling for a week though per Dr. Fernandez. Anyone
wanting to know specifically what I use can pm me, don't want to be a salesman or seem that
way.

Best wishes

Edited by scoobie_do, 04 March 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#2 smoothmove

smoothmove

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:22 PM

I commend your patience in between treatments scoobie. That's great! And maybe you are conservative in your improvement estimates if your ex could actually notice a difference.

#3 lavish habits

lavish habits

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

great thread could u please tell me where you get your dermarollers?
thanks

#4 Jacob15

Jacob15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:02 PM

Great to hear... I too have had good results with dermarolling (you can read my detailed post as well!)

#5 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

Good post! Like you say i think the 2.0mm roller will be good to move onto, you should see faster results with the 2mm version.

If you have any deeper scars, do have a think about using the diabetic needles, these really help ALOT more than the rolling for deeper scars.

You sound very clued up though, so good on ya!

I didn't see you mention exercise? some resistance training would be very beneficial if you can bring yourself to do some!

Take care

#6 whyme133

whyme133

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ Sep 1 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good post! Like you say i think the 2.0mm roller will be good to move onto, you should see faster results with the 2mm version.

If you have any deeper scars, do have a think about using the diabetic needles, these really help ALOT more than the rolling for deeper scars.

You sound very clued up though, so good on ya!

I didn't see you mention exercise? some resistance training would be very beneficial if you can bring yourself to do some!

Take care

Hi lamarr ,

I 've purchased dermaroller from this website .
http://www.dr-roller.eu/

But it doesn't have the 3 line 2 mm roller . May i ask where did you purchase the 2 mm roller and is it the 3 line one ?
Thanks.

#7 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:03 AM

I used ebay! this was about 2 years ago though now....so i'm not sure where is best these days!

#8 scoobie_do

scoobie_do

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

I got my roller from http://www.dr-roller.eu/, i live in the u.s. and
it took a while to get here, but not problem. The 2mm makes me
nerveous, like the 1.5 I did a year ago. Its all a guess, but my gut
feeling is to do a 2mm at least once. My main concern is infection.
Just have to be real careful.

Results are funny........it hard to give a percentage, but I'd guess
conservatively 35%, probably more like 40-45% though.

Oh I didn't say, but the acne scars responded the best with my
routine, pigmentation second, and for what ever reason, the
chemical burn is the slowest in healing. Its healing, as I said one
burn area has vanished, but the larger area not responding as well.
Although I'm not crying, its definately A LOT better than it was.
The good thing about this area is that there's no depth to it, just
pigmentation and funkyness.

Jacob15, I'll check out your post, look foreward seeing what's working
for you.

later

#9 ihatescarss

ihatescarss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (scoobie_do @ Sep 2 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got my roller from http://www.dr-roller.eu/, i live in the u.s. and
it took a while to get here, but not problem. The 2mm makes me
nerveous, like the 1.5 I did a year ago. Its all a guess, but my gut
feeling is to do a 2mm at least once. My main concern is infection.
Just have to be real careful.

Results are funny........it hard to give a percentage, but I'd guess
conservatively 35%, probably more like 40-45% though.

Oh I didn't say, but the acne scars responded the best with my
routine, pigmentation second, and for what ever reason, the
chemical burn is the slowest in healing. Its healing, as I said one
burn area has vanished, but the larger area not responding as well.
Although I'm not crying, its definately A LOT better than it was.
The good thing about this area is that there's no depth to it, just
pigmentation and funkyness.

Jacob15, I'll check out your post, look foreward seeing what's working
for you.

later

Hey great post, keep us posted, how are the results? how long did it take for the discoloration from rolling to fade?

#10 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

Sd, thanks for the update and congrats on your improvements thus far. You are getting there my friend. wink.gif

#11 scoobie_do

scoobie_do

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

A quick update..........

I 2mm rolled about a month ago...... boy are those needles long.
My thoughts on 2mm rolling......... for me it was as painful as a 1mm, 1.5mm,
they were all the same. Some people seem to be immune to rolling pain, I'm
not. I rolled "heavy", which is my style. After rolling, that night, my face hurt
a lot more than the 1.5 rolling. Hurt a lot the next day too. Just a sllight
touch and OUCH!!! The redness, for whatever reason faded after just a few
days. Seems like with the 1.5 it stayed around longer. Perhaps my skin is
functioning better now? What else.... microinflamation lasted maybe 5-6 days,
so for a brief time my skin looked really good. then it went down.
After that, my skin looked HORRIBLE for about a week. Very shadowey, uneven.
That faded after 2 weeks. Now looks good. I see positive improvement creeping
in again, which is fantastic, although slow.

Now its "the waiting game", of nurturing my skin from the inside/out with my
now normal routine.

Depending on results the next months, I roll 3-5 months from now.

best wishes to all

#12 betterliving

betterliving

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

I'm also wondering about the 3-line roller? Has anyone used one and had good results? I'd like to try it. Is it a greater risk for rolling too hard and deep?

#13 Brinkwalker

Brinkwalker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

Scoobie, you mention that you have some pigment problems resulting from a dermabrasion. Is it hypopigmentation? If so, you're describing my situation as well. Did the rolling help much with that? Also, the dermabrasion and some subsequent scar excision left most of my skin in relatively decent shape except for the lack of pigment. So I'm kind of hesitant to do something as aggressive as rolling with anything longer than .5 mm needles. The Dermaroller website says that definite improvements in epidermal thickness can be made with needles as small as .2 mm, albeit over a 2-3 month period, rolling 3 times a week. What are your thoughts on this?

#14 Axle

Axle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (betterliving @ Oct 24 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm also wondering about the 3-line roller? Has anyone used one and had good results? I'd like to try it. Is it a greater risk for rolling too hard and deep?

If you have small patches of scars it would be better than the wider one. otherwise just get the wider one. There really arent any risks with dermarollers, ive rolled with 2mm very aggressively and never experienced any scarring or pigmentation problems. The results i saw were about 20%

#15 Axle

Axle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Brinkwalker @ Oct 24 2010, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scoobie, you mention that you have some pigment problems resulting from a dermabrasion. Is it hypopigmentation? If so, you're describing my situation as well. Did the rolling help much with that? Also, the dermabrasion and some subsequent scar excision left most of my skin in relatively decent shape except for the lack of pigment. So I'm kind of hesitant to do something as aggressive as rolling with anything longer than .5 mm needles. The Dermaroller website says that definite improvements in epidermal thickness can be made with needles as small as .2 mm, albeit over a 2-3 month period, rolling 3 times a week. What are your thoughts on this?

.2mm seems way to small to see any real changes, so does .5mm, You should try 1mm, its really not as invasive as you think.

#16 betterliving

betterliving

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Axle @ Oct 24 2010, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (betterliving @ Oct 24 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have small patches of scars it would be better than the wider one. otherwise just get the wider one. There really arent any risks with dermarollers, ive rolled with 2mm very aggressively and never experienced any scarring or pigmentation problems. The results i saw were about 20%

Thanks. I just ordered one.

#17 scoobie_do

scoobie_do

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Brinkwalker @ Oct 24 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brink, I'm not sure what to call what happened to my skin via dermabrasion.... I'll try
to describe it. I had some pretty hefty acne scarring 10+ years ago. The dermabrasion
I had done was as deep as possible. In fact, during the procedure, I woke up for a second
and remember the Dr saying "I can't go any deepter", trying to correct some scarring.
Afterword, the procedure left my skin much more even, but the skin was a different texture/
color than my "normal" skin. It did look better though. Over the years, it slowly began to
revert back to more uneven, and worse in pigmentation.

On top of my funky "scar skin" was a self inflicted chemical burn from trying to do a chemical
peel myself. Duplicating what my doc had done at home. I still don't know what went wrong.
So I had a chemical "reddish" burn also.

That said, my opinion of rolling (remember I do a lot of other things too) and what i'm doing
is that is effectively changing my pigmentation problems. My skin is now in better shape
pre chemical burn, and the best its looked in 10+ years.

All that said, I'm maybe 40% into the process of where I want to be. Its slow going.
Dermabrasion was so fast. Sanded off my skin and what, 4 months later it was looking much
better. Just speculating, and I'll never have dermabrasion done again, but if someone
could block scar or the "fake skin" from forming via topicals after dermabrasion, I think
it would work pretty good.

My rolling and other stuff I'm doing is slowly, gradually, renewing my skin and I'm happy
with what I'm doing.

I read others journeys and what there're doing, and I'm happy for them. This is just
what is working for me.

Some asked about using a .5 3X a week. My opinion would be you would cause an
endless cycle of microinflamattion, where your skin might look better, but in the long
run the wound healing cascade would never be achieved, so no long term results
would be sustained. I agree totally with axle, a 1mm used effectively 4-6 weeks apart
would be ok.

best wishes all

Edited by scoobie_do, 25 October 2010 - 01:23 PM.

#18 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:25 AM

I just ordered another 2mm roller. I am not immune to the pain either sd. I just deal with it like you. I commend you on your patience between rolls. This should allow you to get alot out of your treatment. Especially with the 2mm. Look forward to your next update.

Edited by munsoned, 27 October 2010 - 08:25 AM.

#19 WorstAtWhat

WorstAtWhat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (scoobie_do @ Aug 29 2010, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recommend a non-acidic vitamin c.

Why's that? surprised.gif

#20 adella

adella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

This is great news scoobie !

I love how these different techniques work for different people smile.gif

The bottom line is, needling works, but takes time.

After 1 year, I am seeing changes like you are...this coming year should see even more improvment smile.gif

Thanks for sharing.

Adella
Health Happiness and Healing for all :)