Photo

How to safely mega dose on B5 (Pantothenic Acid)?

vitamin vitamins pantothenic pantothenic acid vitamin b vitamin b5 zinc

4 replies to this topic

#1 ThatAnnaGirl

ThatAnnaGirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

I am going to start the regimen described below, but I'm considering taking vitamin B complex vitamins with it, so my other B vitamins aren't deficit. Also, 50mg of Zinc, taken once daily. What do you think? Is there a particular brand of multivitamin or B complex you think is better than others?

Since you will be taking 10 grams a day, it is best to buy Vitamin B5 in capsules that are 500mg each. 1000mg (milligrams) is equal to 1g (gram). Therefore, 2 pills is 1 gram.

-For the first 3 days, you will want to take a dosage of 5 grams a day. This is a total of 10 pills a day. It is good to have it spread out throughout the day, so it might be good to take 5 pills in the morning, and 5 pills at night.
-When the 3 days are up, you will be moving up the full 10 gram dosage. This will mean 20 pills a day. Again, you will want to have a steady supply of B5 throughout the day, so taking it in intervals is important. You will be taking 5 pills, 4 times a day. It is very key to be as consistent as you can.
-Keep taking the vitamin B5 for 3 months. I saw results after the 1st week, some people see first results after 2 weeks. After 3 months you should hopefully have clear skin. Make sure you take the b5 consistenly and EVERY DAY for 3 months. (Note: Some people have an initial breakout. This can be caused from pre-existing pimples that are just pushing through. But keep with it, it WILL help you.)
-After your acne has finally cleared up, you will still want to continue taking B5, but not in such high doses. Maybe drop down to 5 grams a day. If you get more acne, increase your dosage immediately, and then adjust to a dosage where you do not break out. Overtime you can keep decreasing.

#2 jared1409

jared1409

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:29 AM

I did that exact b5 routine for about 5 weeks. I think I may have taken 50 mg of zinc as well. However, I didn't take a b complex because after doing some research, it seems that b5 may actually reduce oil by causing a deficiency in the other b5 vitamins, particularly biotin. Well for the first week I had a day or two that it seemed like I had less oil on my t zone. Was it my imagination? After what seemed like a "dry" day, the next few days were oily as usual. Oh well, I just persevered. In the second week, I would have a couple days in a row that my skin would be drier, and then once again the oil eventually returned. It seemed like my oil production was up and down, as opposed to being oily all day everyday. Gradually, I had longer spans of less oily skin before it returned. By week 3, my lips began to get slightly chapped, which was odd because it was spring. At times my lips peeled, but even when they weren't peeling, the were always dry to the touch since week 3. Was it a coincidence? I was skeptical and didn't want to get my hopes up. By week 4, my oil production was consistently dry. My skin didn't know what sebum was anymore. After a long days work, I would rub my nose, forehead, and eyes to find some evidence of oil. None. I wasn't using any topicals, but after I washed my face with water in the shower, my skin would be dry afterwards, which was also unusual.

Now here is where things got interesting. As soon as b5 shut down my oil production, that's when I began to breakout... bad. I didn't get any initial purging with this treatment. I actually had gradual improvement throughout the first month. But once I got dry, I began getting a few pustules a day, all concentrated in the area above my chin and below the corners of my mouth. Within a week or two, I had atleast 20 pustules. My face never broke out like that before, it seemed like some type of reaction. It looked like a disgusting disease. Now I've never taken accutane, but from what I've read, most users have dry skin for months with bad breakouts before they even get clear. I thought that once the oil slowed down, there would be immediate acne relief.

Long story short, I couldn't handle the intensity of the breakout. So on my day off I went to a med express and got a prescription for doxycycline. My acne responded very quickly to the antibiotics, and within 10 days I was clear. I quit the b5 and so I'll never know what would have happened if I would have stayed on the b5 routine. One thing's for sure, it stopped my oil production like it was supposed to. After quiting b5, it didn't take long for the oil to return. It's funny how quickly I got used to having normal skin. Within a week, I rubbed nose with the back of my hand and I was shocked to see a thick shiny residue. Now that I've been on the DKR regimen for almost 2 months, I am typically 95-99% clear. I've been taking 120 mg zinc with 4 grams fish oil and homeade kefir for a few weeks to help reduce oiliness. If I don't like the results after 3 months, I may try b5 again.

#3 pam_B

pam_B

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

To all you vitamin b5 users out there be very careful and dont over do it i was taking them for roughly 2 years starting at a lower dosage before upping it to 10grams a day for one whole year (crazy i know) and yes i do really regret it because now ive been diagnosed with coeliac disease sad.gif and i know 100% this is what caused it

I come from a very healthy family with no history of coeliac disease so i havent inherited it

I was suffering for 2 years with stomach problems,hair loss,dry skin,constipation,diarrea,fatigue etc without knowing what was wrong i made several trips to the doctors but they couldnt find anything wrong apart from low vit d levels so i had to go on suffering until i came across coeliac disease on the internet and started to make all the connections so i went back to the doctors told them what i thought was wrong and it turns out i have coeliac disease and im also allergic to wheat

Since removing gluten and wheat from my diet ive bin seeing some gradual changes in my hair and skin in a good healthy way

I just wish i had a mature head on my shoulders back then and wouldnt of bin so stupid in taking all them tablets because now i have to live with this forever theres no cure sad.gif

I wish i knew how b5 has caused this could it have changed the way my digestive system works or has it took something out of my body that i needed to break down food i dont know but wish i did

Goodluck to all the rest of you i just hope you dont have to go through what i do and IF you do start to get any of the symptoms i mentioned then get it checked out you could have coeliac disease aswel

#4 GetRidOfMyScars

GetRidOfMyScars

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

Would 4.5 grams work just as well? I only have very mild acne now (just some whiteheads and some clogged pores).

#5 XC60

XC60

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

I cannot recommend B5 at all, all it did was make me break out worse! I started with 1 gram a day, and worked my way up to 4 grams a day. As I upped the dose, my skin broke out worse, and I felt pretty miserable! That was a few months ago, since then I've tried Caprylic Acid, Vitamin D3, Probiotics, and a multivitamin...all to no avail! I'm going to give Fish Oil another shot, starting @ 2 capsules daily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users