red mark hyperpigmentation

84 replies to this topic

#81 umaid619

umaid619

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Merav, what you just stated is exactly what happens to my marks...i've had mine for almost a year now, however i'm taking 4000mg of vitamin C and 100mg of k2, and vitamin E, seeing slight improvement, but ofcourse they're still there...i'm not even sure anymore, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me!

Might try vitamin C/K cream topically, have heard good reviews about these....

Also Tumeric paste is not a good idea if you have sensitive skin, i think it probably made my worse in the long run. 

#82 ThisShitSucks

ThisShitSucks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

It really does amaze me that in our modernized society we haven't found a solution to this problem. We explore other planets through space travel and use the force that exists between atoms to destroy entire cities; yet we still haven't found a cure to erythema. :( 

#83 mattman937

mattman937

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

Try doing headstands, i believe it may help.
* moderator edit, link leading to advertising are not allowed, see board rules*
1. By reversing the flow of gravity, a headstand simulates a face lift by letting your skin hang in the opposite direction. The inverted position of a headstand also flushes fresh nutrients and oxygen to the face, creating a glowing effect on the skin.

#84 Kalinka

Kalinka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hey,

I've been doing a lot of research about post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (pih) recently, because like many of you, I have had red marks that vary from pink to purple to bright red, and have had them for almost 2 years. Upon doing some research, I came across various websites explaining that PIH tends to NOT actually be red or pink in colour, but actually light brown to black. I found several sites indicating that these red/pink marks are actually another inflammatory response of the skin called post inflammatory erythema. This makes a little more sense, because it's probably why my derm initially prescribed by hydroquinone, which is mostly for brown spots, and only seemed to make my red marks much worse (this was over a year ago).

Some of you may be aware that I have been getting V-Beam treatments for my red marks (just got my second one yesterday), because I believe it may be a more vascular issue (simply because they are faint when I take cold showers or red when slightly irritated). My derm that I am currently seeing even told me that PIH tends to be brown in colour, and seemed to agree that what gives redness to my marks is probably blood vessels.

Surprisingly enough, I can't seem to find much info about PIE online, so I was wondering what you guys know about it. Am I on the right track... am I making any sense? Does PIE have to be treated differently then PIH and is V-Beam any help? Kind of hoping to make this a good place for people to better understand the difference, including myself.

Thanks

Any update on your erythema three years on? My face is full of it atm and it's really depressing me. If it weren't for the red marks, my skin would be totally clear.

#85 SmokeyB

SmokeyB

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Mega bump. You guys still here?

I took an antihistamine once in the morning because the PIE was super red. It decreased quite a bit!

Anyways, I will try these silicon sheets as well and actually post my results to see if they work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users