84 replies to this topic

#41 bio_nerd

bio_nerd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (jamesy90 @ Sep 26 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been wondering, is it possible for these marks to be a combination of both PIH and PIE? Because I've had 2 pretty strong V-Beam treatments and the marks are still there. Perhaps slightly lighter, but still there. Like maybe there are blood vessels underneath that flare up when touched etc, but maybe there is also excess melanin being produced as well? Somehow giving it a purplish color?...

I don't know how it is normal for pinkness/purpleness to last in the skin 2 years and still be present, but at this rate, I predict it will be atleast 2 more years until I feel I don't really notice them and maybe 5 years max. 5 years though... 5 more years I mean... fml... I just hope they do keep fading to a point where I don't notice them anymore... I mean you never see adults with any red marks really... this stuff always fades right? lol

Find a small thin piece of clear glass or plastic (no sharp edges of course) and press it down over the mark with moderate pressure.

Whatever turns white is PIE, whatever does not turn white is PIH.

The whiteness is called blanching and that's how some doctors find out the difference.

#42 deletethisshit

deletethisshit

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

So it can be a combination of the two? Because if i were to press down on them they probably get a little lighter but they don't turn white really... but irritating them and them turning red can only be blood vessels underneath... which THEY DO DO I know for a fact... so like maybe damaged vessels underneath and some pih in the skin over top?

#43 bio_nerd

bio_nerd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (jamesy90 @ Sep 30 2010, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it can be a combination of the two? Because if i were to press down on them they probably get a little lighter but they don't turn white really... but irritating them and them turning red can only be blood vessels underneath... which THEY DO DO I know for a fact... so like maybe damaged vessels underneath and some pih in the skin over top?

Sure it could be a combination there is no reason for it to not be able to.

If only some goes away then that's the PIE, what's left has to be PIH.

#44 soccersweetie1101

soccersweetie1101

:)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

what treatments are avaible for pie?

#45 deletethisshit

deletethisshit

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:39 AM

@ bio_nerd:

Ok, just to be clear: PIH CANNOT change colours right? I mean in the span of a day? The fact that my marks vary from light pink to purple to RED can only be because of blood vessels underneath right?

Cause I've had 2 V-Beam treatments so far, and though I think I see some TINY improvement (probably only noticeable to me) my red marks are still there, and they still "flare up".

I just don't get what makes these vessels so sensitive. It's literally been 2 years they've been there and they still do it. Theoretically, if I keep getting v-beam treatments, then eventually I would be rid of this, no?

I just don't want to waste my money either.

#46 kamran

kamran

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

jamesy90--

i know how you feel about the red marks that youve got and how they keep flaring up. ive had a massive one and i stilkl have it though its much light and doesnt flare up as much. ive been using only emu oil on it for a number of months and have been dabbing it on it whenever i can. have you tired that? maybe give it a rest for a while and just put emu oil on it and see how it goes. its not an overnight miracle cure and it took months for improvment of my red mark but it is much better than before atleast. anyways just a thought to try out maybe?

#47 Guest_DireStraits_*

Guest_DireStraits_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

emu oil sucks its overrated

#48 squirtle

squirtle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (jamesy90 @ Oct 4 2010, 05:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ bio_nerd:

Ok, just to be clear: PIH CANNOT change colours right? I mean in the span of a day? The fact that my marks vary from light pink to purple to RED can only be because of blood vessels underneath right?

Cause I've had 2 V-Beam treatments so far, and though I think I see some TINY improvement (probably only noticeable to me) my red marks are still there, and they still "flare up".

I just don't get what makes these vessels so sensitive. It's literally been 2 years they've been there and they still do it. Theoretically, if I keep getting v-beam treatments, then eventually I would be rid of this, no?

Have you tried a TCA peel?

#49 Guest_DireStraits_*

Guest_DireStraits_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:05 AM

So hang on a sec Jamesy
You didnt get your red marks from acne but from a botched beauty mark removal procedure?

#50 deletethisshit

deletethisshit

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:49 AM

Yes man, I've said it like a million times on these boards.

I wouldn't say botched but I had no idea that I'd be left with pink/red marks instead of brown ones more than 2 years after all was said and done. My derm said it was PIH and this site atleast let me relate and find info like others who have PIH marks.

(Though now I believe it's more PIE)

#51 Guest_DireStraits_*

Guest_DireStraits_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (jamesy90 @ Oct 6 2010, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Though now I believe it's more PIE)

MMmmmmm PIE..... teehee.gif

#52 deletethisshit

deletethisshit

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

@ bio_nerd:

#53 Ziko

Ziko

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (jamesy90 @ Sep 7 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will. Today was a fuckin' shitty day, I had my first day of classes and obviously my red marks looked like shit (still red + very noticeable) so I had to slap on some make up to cover it. It looked fuckin' bad since the marks were red and though the make up covers the redness it didn't quite blend and I was afraid everyone could tell. I just wanted to be completely avoided today and I get there and one of my good friends is in the class so I had to talk but barely looked at them since they were to my left and that's where all my red marks are. I was fuckin' sweating cause I was nervous/uncomfortable and it was hot in there and since I walked in with like 2 minutes till class started everyone was already sitting and I felt they were staring at me. Horrible, horrible first day.

I look at some pics I took just before I got my second V-Beam treatment, and at the time I thought the redness was bad, but I compare it to now and I'm just like shit what have a done, I healed completely after the first one in like 2 weeks. I'm just praying it gets better day by day, but I'm really nervous.

LOL, sounds exactly like me. I got prolonged erythema after fractional co2 laser and I FUCKING HATE IT!

#54 deletethisshit

deletethisshit

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

Lol yea, how long have you had your red marks (or erythema)?

#55 Ziko

Ziko

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:46 PM

I had my laser treatment about 7 months (!) ago. I think the reason I developed erythema is because I did those treatments only 7 months after accutane.

The thing is though.. it's not the entire treated area.. it's just certain parts of my face that are staying red whilst others are back to the usual colour. It looks like a real mess because of this.

The actual acne marks that I still have (got them on accutane, 1,5 years ago) are still there too, and flare up a little bit aswell.

#56 Ziko

Ziko

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:27 AM

Has anyone tried copper peptides for Erythema btw? Is it a good idea to try or will it cause irritation?

#57 AlexQ

AlexQ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:37 AM

I have red marks that lasts for years too and right on my cheek, I've been through so many IPLs and yet they are still there.. if they are red on the face for a long time probably means they are embedded deeeeep in the skin from what I've been told, not the easiest to fade. Kind of sucks because exfoliation does nothing and non of the treatment works. Well the best treatment so far is not to exfoliate that part or do anything harsh to your skin as blood vessels are sensitive and prone to micro changes very easily.

Edited by AlexQ, 10 October 2010 - 05:38 AM.

#58 Ziko

Ziko

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:46 AM

I experienced the same. It's best not to use any products and wash once a day with a super mild cleanser. No hot showers and stuff.

But.. do copper peptides irritate the skin?

#59 deletethisshit

deletethisshit

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Ziko @ Oct 9 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had my laser treatment about 7 months (!) ago. I think the reason I developed erythema is because I did those treatments only 7 months after accutane.

The thing is though.. it's not the entire treated area.. it's just certain parts of my face that are staying red whilst others are back to the usual colour. It looks like a real mess because of this.

The actual acne marks that I still have (got them on accutane, 1,5 years ago) are still there too, and flare up a little bit aswell.

Interesting...

I don't know what the laser was that I used to get rid of the brown beauty marks, all I know is I was left with pinkish/red/purple marks in their exact place which are still here almost 2 years later. PIH is pigmentation and I believe that body cannot produce red pigment, so redness is usually always blood related... so if you destroy the blood vessels (say with v-beam, after many treatments) then theoretically it should fade the red marks... I think... I've had 2 and believe I'm seeing only slight improvement now 6 weeks after my second treatment... I plan to try and get atleast 2 more...

#60 Ziko

Ziko

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (jamesy90 @ Oct 10 2010, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Ziko @ Oct 9 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting...

I don't know what the laser was that I used to get rid of the brown beauty marks, all I know is I was left with pinkish/red/purple marks in their exact place which are still here almost 2 years later. PIH is pigmentation and I believe that body cannot produce red pigment, so redness is usually always blood related... so if you destroy the blood vessels (say with v-beam, after many treatments) then theoretically it should fade the red marks... I think... I've had 2 and believe I'm seeing only slight improvement now 6 weeks after my second treatment... I plan to try and get atleast 2 more...

If you had moles lasered off you were probably treated with a Co2 laser.

I was treated with a fractional Co2 laser. Redness is quite common with co2 lasers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users