Post Inflammatory Erythema?

88 posts in this topic

i have the exact same thing, do silicone sheets really work? i have fairly sensitive skin...

I don't know...I have never tried it...I'm still using my face masks & beta glucan to heal my skin...it's slowly getting better...I'll give it between 1-3 months to see if it completely heals using this treatment protocol....if I need more help, I might then consider using silicon sheeting...

• Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well.
  • Our food should be our medicine.
  • Walking is man's best medicine.
  • As to diseases make a habit of two things - to help, or at least, to do no harm.
  • Prayer indeed is good, but while calling on [God], a man should himself lend a hand.

All quotes by ~ Hippocrates, "Father of Modern Medicine"

Try tumeric paste, i did thus for the first week and saw big improvements! however it hasn't gotten rid of it completely and it has been 3 months,..it is so frustrating, i may try the silicone sheets, and will let you know if anything happens, i doubt it though, these things are impossible to get rid of

Also i'm wondering if there are any Vitamins that will help it? i've tried Zinc but it made them worse, i read online that vitamin K, and C are beneficial for bruises, could this also work for red marks?

I'm going to try silicone for my erythema, I'll post back here with my results in a month. We have to find a solution to this.

Have tried:

turmeric (topically and ingested) - no noticeable improvement after a week (maybe I should have tried for longer..?)

aloe vera - this seems to be the one thing that's worked the best so far..

tea tree oil - NO, HORRIBLE. (tried this before I knew what it was)

BP- OH GOD WAS THAT A MISTAKE

I'd love to hear what all you have tried and what effects it has had on your erythema!

Look guys

I have EXACTLY the same problem going on my face, and I do have it for 2 years now. What i found out so far is that :

-exfoliating doesnt work at all, it makes it look worse for some time
-shaving makes it more red
-cleaning face with mild cetaphil helped abit

-Ive been to Dreseden trip with my class in winter and in cold air redness completely dissapear
-Smiling, stretching face makes it more red

To the author of this thread: did it finally heal after all this time? You made this thread in 2010, how is it going now?

Edited by merav

Merav, what you just stated is exactly what happens to my marks...i've had mine for almost a year now, however i'm taking 4000mg of vitamin C and 100mg of k2, and vitamin E, seeing slight improvement, but ofcourse they're still there...i'm not even sure anymore, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me!

Might try vitamin C/K cream topically, have heard good reviews about these....

Also Tumeric paste is not a good idea if you have sensitive skin, i think it probably made my worse in the long run.

It really does amaze me that in our modernized society we haven't found a solution to this problem. We explore other planets through space travel and use the force that exists between atoms to destroy entire cities; yet we still haven't found a cure to erythema. :(

Try doing headstands, i believe it may help.

* moderator edit, link leading to advertising are not allowed, see board rules*

1. By reversing the flow of gravity, a headstand simulates a face lift by letting your skin hang in the opposite direction. The inverted position of a headstand also flushes fresh nutrients and oxygen to the face, creating a glowing effect on the skin.

Hey,

I've been doing a lot of research about post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (pih) recently, because like many of you, I have had red marks that vary from pink to purple to bright red, and have had them for almost 2 years. Upon doing some research, I came across various websites explaining that PIH tends to NOT actually be red or pink in colour, but actually light brown to black. I found several sites indicating that these red/pink marks are actually another inflammatory response of the skin called post inflammatory erythema. This makes a little more sense, because it's probably why my derm initially prescribed by hydroquinone, which is mostly for brown spots, and only seemed to make my red marks much worse (this was over a year ago).

Some of you may be aware that I have been getting V-Beam treatments for my red marks (just got my second one yesterday), because I believe it may be a more vascular issue (simply because they are faint when I take cold showers or red when slightly irritated). My derm that I am currently seeing even told me that PIH tends to be brown in colour, and seemed to agree that what gives redness to my marks is probably blood vessels.

Surprisingly enough, I can't seem to find much info about PIE online, so I was wondering what you guys know about it. Am I on the right track... am I making any sense? Does PIE have to be treated differently then PIH and is V-Beam any help? Kind of hoping to make this a good place for people to better understand the difference, including myself.

Thanks

Any update on your erythema three years on? My face is full of it atm and it's really depressing me. If it weren't for the red marks, my skin would be totally clear.

My BCP Diary -

Mega bump. You guys still here?

I took an antihistamine once in the morning because the PIE was super red. It decreased quite a bit!

Anyways, I will try these silicon sheets as well and actually post my results to see if they work.

This is interesting, any one tried snail mucus/cream?

Apprently helps red marks alot, I'm trying to find out myself i might buy some of ebay.