aha alpha hydroxy acid

2 replies to this topic

#1 toastedxface

toastedxface

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

Hey guys, I recently bought the Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Cream. I use it at night after cleansing for my acne marks and I'm just wondering if you apply moisturizer (I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream) after applying the AHA, will that negate the effects in any way? If it is perfectly fine to apply moisturizer, how long should I wait to apply it, or should I apply it before the AHA? Thanks.

#2 greentiger87

greentiger87

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

Theoretically, applying another product over the AHA is a bad idea - it'll mess with the formulation and effectiveness of the product. Also, the AHA cream itself is a great moisturizer - more than likely the Cetaphil will be overkill at night. Imho, you should just stick to the AHA cream at first, and see how it works. If you do choose to add the moisturizer, wait at least 30 minutes in between.
Morning:
-Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, or Dan's Cleanser
-Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Liquid
-CeraVe Moisturizer + Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion (zinc oxide and titanium oxide only)

[Night (before bed):
-Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, or Dan's Cleanser
-Dan's BP
-CeraVe Moisturizer

Occasionally:
Dan's AHA
Homemade Niacinamide Toner
Homemade TTO Spot Treatment (Aloe Vera Gel and 20% Tea Tree Oil)

#3 toastedxface

toastedxface

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:35 AM

In that case, should my evening regimen consist of cleansing, applying spot treatment, then applying AHA last? or should i apply the AHA after cleansing so it absorbs first, then apply spot treatment? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users