milk

5 replies to this topic

#1 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:33 AM

do yall notice a problem with breakouts on these milk substitutes? im getting ready to start using whey protein shakes, and i would like to use rice dream milk in them, but im concerned about breakouts with it. any thoughts? (i will be drinking 3, 8 oz shakes daily)
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

#2 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:39 AM

Rice milk is fine. The ingredients in it are good for you. Ive been drinking this for about a month and my skin continues to improve because of diet and liver flushing. You can even get the carob rice milk, which taste like chocolate, but carob is not chocolate.

#3 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:40 AM

yay!! that makes me happy.. thanks lumas! smile.gif do u think its still ok that ill be drinking like 3 glasses a day?
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

#4 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:09 AM

I dunno, i drink only one glass a day. Im sure it is though. Also, almond and oat milk by Pacific brand taste better and are good for you.

#5 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:13 AM

Almond milk by Blue Diamond is the best of the best. Unbelievably tasty! Much better than Pacific. Now there is even a label on there talking about some kind of taste test that it won.

I've had my son on almond milk since he was a baby, after breastfeeding. The dentist says that Gabey's mouth and teeth development are 6-12 months AHEAD of schedule. Just goes to show you that you DON'T need cow's milk in order to have strong teeth and bones. He has NEVER been on cow's milk.

#6 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:51 AM

Sadcaroline,
I personally so far prefer almond milk over rice milk, and definately over soy milk. Granted there's also hazelnut milk, and a few others, not to mention Darifree's Potato Milk (used in hospitals). So far the two best tasting brands have already been mentioned, Pacifica (?) and Almond Breeze (Blue Diamond). However, I rarely drink them because they have added stuff in them two, one of which is Carageenan. If you do a search some people dont' like it. Of course there supporting scientific evidence about it as well saying that it's cancer causing (but what isn't?). So right now what I've been doing is looking up Soy Milk Machines. With these you can make other "milks" as well and of course you control the ingredients.

As for the whey protein, some brands make it so that you can actually mix with water with no problems. If you are avoiding real milk, then you probably don't want Whey since that's a protein that comes from it and has caused some members, including myself, to breakout in cystic acne. Another protein suggestion you may appreciate is Brown Rice Protein Powder. It gives you 14g - 27g of protein depending on the brand you buy.

HTH =)
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users