to anyone that drinks milk substitutesmilk
Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:33 AM
Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:39 AM
Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:40 AM
Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:09 AM
Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:13 AM
I've had my son on almond milk since he was a baby, after breastfeeding. The dentist says that Gabey's mouth and teeth development are 6-12 months AHEAD of schedule. Just goes to show you that you DON'T need cow's milk in order to have strong teeth and bones. He has NEVER been on cow's milk.
Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:51 AM
I personally so far prefer almond milk over rice milk, and definately over soy milk. Granted there's also hazelnut milk, and a few others, not to mention Darifree's Potato Milk (used in hospitals). So far the two best tasting brands have already been mentioned, Pacifica (?) and Almond Breeze (Blue Diamond). However, I rarely drink them because they have added stuff in them two, one of which is Carageenan. If you do a search some people dont' like it. Of course there supporting scientific evidence about it as well saying that it's cancer causing (but what isn't?). So right now what I've been doing is looking up Soy Milk Machines. With these you can make other "milks" as well and of course you control the ingredients.
As for the whey protein, some brands make it so that you can actually mix with water with no problems. If you are avoiding real milk, then you probably don't want Whey since that's a protein that comes from it and has caused some members, including myself, to breakout in cystic acne. Another protein suggestion you may appreciate is Brown Rice Protein Powder. It gives you 14g - 27g of protein depending on the brand you buy.
Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.
Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.
Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users