Photo

Witch Hazel drying out skin?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Claire1024

Claire1024

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy growing deeper in my faith and learning more about it (I am a devout Catholic - woohoo!!); I also love to listen to and discover new music; I love my family and friends very much and I love being with them and laughing with them; I am hopefully going to learn to play the guitar soon...so hopefully that will become a new interest of mine!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hey everybody! I just started using Witch Hazel on my skin. It contains 14% natural alcohol, and although it says on the back it won't strip the skin of it's natural moisture, my skin has been really dry (a rarity - it's always oily). Has anybody had Witch Hazel dry out their skin, and if so did you try getting an alcohol free version and was it still effective? Thanks!
"You have created us for Yourself, and our hearts are not quiet until they rest in Thee"

#2 Lullies

Lullies

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Food

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Do you use a lot?
And, do you use it after you wash your face, while your face is still wet, or do you dry your face, then use witch hazel? My face used to be really dry when I first WH, but that was because I dried my face then used it. I use witchhazel, while my face is still wet, so it's not dry anymore.
AM:
Purpose Gentle Cleanser
Clean & Clear Advantage Moisturizer
PM:
Purpose Gentle Cleanser
BP Gel 10%
Clean & Clear Advantage Moisturizer

#3 craigeroo

craigeroo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Lacrosse, rock climbing, running, dietetics. If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:29 PM

Are you using a moisturizer? If you're using a moisturizer and still find witch hazel to be drying, consider diluting it with water. Say 1/2 water, 1/2 witch hazel.

Accutane

Start: 4/9/10

Month 1:40 mg DONE
Month 2:80 mg DONE
Month 3:80 mg DONE
Month 4:80 mg
Month 5:80 mg
Month 6:80 mg

My Adventure on Accutane-CLICK

#4 Claire1024

Claire1024

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy growing deeper in my faith and learning more about it (I am a devout Catholic - woohoo!!); I also love to listen to and discover new music; I love my family and friends very much and I love being with them and laughing with them; I am hopefully going to learn to play the guitar soon...so hopefully that will become a new interest of mine!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:03 AM

Thanks for the tips. I was using it while my face was dry - so that could explain it. I was using a moisturizer, but maybe that itsn't enough. I will try diluting it and using it while my face is still wet. Thanks so much!
"You have created us for Yourself, and our hearts are not quiet until they rest in Thee"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users