Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Witch Hazel drying out skin?

4 posts in this topic

Hey everybody! I just started using Witch Hazel on my skin. It contains 14% natural alcohol, and although it says on the back it won't strip the skin of it's natural moisture, my skin has been really dry (a rarity - it's always oily). Has anybody had Witch Hazel dry out their skin, and if so did you try getting an alcohol free version and was it still effective? Thanks!

Do you use a lot?

And, do you use it after you wash your face, while your face is still wet, or do you dry your face, then use witch hazel? My face used to be really dry when I first WH, but that was because I dried my face then used it. I use witchhazel, while my face is still wet, so it's not dry anymore.

Are you using a moisturizer? If you're using a moisturizer and still find witch hazel to be drying, consider diluting it with water. Say 1/2 water, 1/2 witch hazel.

Thanks for the tips. I was using it while my face was dry - so that could explain it. I was using a moisturizer, but maybe that itsn't enough. I will try diluting it and using it while my face is still wet. Thanks so much!