Photo

Complete Holistic Cure

omega-3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#21 Jaerid

Jaerid

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

How the hell can you eat a steak without any fat? Gross, you might as well just go chew on some shoe leather. There's a reason why the most expensive and revered cuts of meat are out of control with fat marbling.

Edited by Mirrfiak, 03 January 2011 - 10:03 PM.

#22 SilentWhipser

SilentWhipser

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

I haven't been on here since I made the original post.

It's a shame to see people do the whole 'My diet's better than yours' routine or the 'I don't agree with this one food...'. The diet is just a guide. The book actually has scientific studies as to what affects acne, and that's the basis of it. It worked for me and a lot of people, and you feel more confident using a diet that has more strength to it because of interviews, studies, tests, etc, than if you were to read one of the many posts on here by people who thinks they have the best diet when it's just their single opinion. I'm just not interested in the 'this is wrong and I'm right' attitude to feel superior. I know if people think they're right, anything that challenges that notion will upset them.

I actually find the diet strict, but like I said it's a guide. Before I came across it I wasn't sure about some foods. I offered it as it was originally in the book. I thought it would be arrogant to make changes when the author spent so much time understanding the affects of diet on acne. You can break the diet, just know that it's a good general guide. If someone wants to pick little bits and pieces and get upset about them it's pointless, just ignore it, and if someone has an allergy to a food, then do not eat it. I think that's pretty obvious.

I don't want to argue over bits of food.

So if anyone wants to do the diet, treat it as a guideline. No need to be super strict. If you want to eat something on the 'bad' list, fine. It's just if you're entire diet is the bad food list, then you might want to make some changes. wink.gif

As far as the other parts go, I still strongly believe in them. The diet is 1/3 of it. The emotions play a bigger part than I think the majority of people would believe, and so does using treatments on your skin, especially if it's sensitive.

Good luck to people doing this. biggrin.gif Make sure parts 2/3 and 3/3 are in check. I really think they can help, and the diet is pretty good, I just offered it how it was originally in the book. If you have a better understanding of diet and acne, feel free to make your own diet. I would actually hope for that. I'm sure many diets would work.

I'll check this post from now for the next week or so if anyone wants any help. I don't want to argue who's right over bits of food, I just know that acne can suck so I wanted to offer something that helped not only from my experience, but others too. I don't get anything from this, I'm just hoping people can achieve clear skin and to not have any doubts in their minds about their beauty. When you have clear skin, you just get on with your life and forget about acne and hoping for a new product or checking these boards all the time. You let go and leave it behind.

Edited by SilentWhipser, 02 March 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#23 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (SilentWhipser @ Mar 2 2011, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The diet is 1/3 of it. The emotions play a bigger part than I think the majority of people would believe, and so does using treatments on your skin, especially if it's sensitive.

Never been any problem with my emotions. And I was going through a divorce when I improved my diet and my skin cleared, so if my emotions were a problem, they should have been then.

#24 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (SilentWhipser @ Mar 2 2011, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't been on here since I made the original post.

It's a shame to see people do the whole 'My diet's better than yours' routine or the 'I don't agree with this one food...'. The diet is just a guide.
I'll check this post from now for the next week or so if anyone wants any help.

The problem is, it's not a good guide if it's just a list of foods and doesn't mention anything about keeping blood sugar stable, eating more anti-inflammatory foods than inflammatory or about food intolerances. You could easily pick a bad diet from those lists of foods. I could follow that list and still have severe cystic acne. And i have clear skin while eating many of those supposedly 'bad' foods.

And we have plenty of disciples of Cordain around here to answer questions, there's no need for you to stick around just for that.

#25 SilentWhipser

SilentWhipser

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

Emotions are there for some of us with acne. Not many of us look in the mirror and are happy to see bad skin. It's great if someone can, but we all prefer clear skin, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

That's why I offered a way to deal with the negative emotions that are attached to having bad skin. Whether bad emotions or stress cause spots wouldn't even matter, nobody likes to feel bad.

And the 3/3 part about not using treatments is helpful too. Treatments are harsh and sometimes can be the cause of acne. I notice yousaid you could use ACV on the previous page, but for me putting vinegar on my face would cause it to go red and get spots.

I know the diet makes you angry I can tell from your posts, but if you want you can post a better version if you want. The only reason I posted it was because it's helped a lot of people and got me clear. I haven't done anything wrong other than intend to help people, if there is a better diet please post it, I haven't had enough experience to try many diets so when I got clear from one I thought it could help people, which to be honest it can and has, but I understand there are other factors involved sometimes. So if you know a better way of implementing a healthy diet I think it could be helpful for people to know so that they have a clear path of what diet to use.

Thanks

#26 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

First, I can't believe that I forgot to mention how unstable blood sugar and all kinds of nutrients affect your emotions and mood in my prior post. If you are emotional, look to your blood sugar.

And I'm not the slightest bit angry. I am concerned for the people who might think they are eating only safe foods and still break out because they are in fact eating too many high glycemic impacting meals, drinks or snacks. Or because they have an intolerance to something you and Cordain tell them is safe. I am trying clarify.

Keeping blood sugar stable is absolutely the most important thing that everyone should do. Everyone. Acne or not. It's basic to health. Cordain spoke a great deal about Insulin, the glycemic index and the impact of high glycemic meals on acne. He too, considers that key. But you left that part out. The most important part.

And I've already posted better diet advice. Here in this thread, in my signature and all over the place, hundreds of times. It's what I've been saying here. Here it is again:

You want to eat real, whole nutrient dense foods keeping all meals, drinks and snacks low to moderate glycemic load. Have more anti-inflammatory foods than inflammatory. And avoid anything that you personally have an intolerance for, which everyone has to figure out for themselves. http://www.acne.org/...od-t230714.html That link is to my thread which has had going on 43,000 reads with not a single disagreement with my information. Edit: Correction, it currently has over 44,000 reads.

And if you can't figure out what to eat on your own from those guidelines, start by limiting to yourself to very hypo-allergenic foods that also happen to be very nutrient dense and keeping the couple of high glycemic fruits to a minimum/have in combination with a meal of the other foods to reduce their glycemic impact. http://www.acne.org/...g...t&p=2400195 Do that for a few months while you learn what foods are inflammatory/anti-inflammatory/high glycemic, etc., and gradually and methodically add things back in and watch for signs of intolerance.

In addition, after after avoiding completely for some months to test for intolerance, everyone should limit gluten and dairy, especially unfermented dairy, whether or not you notice any sign of an intolerance for them. Gluten isn't healthy for anyone and it's usually in foods that have little to no nutritional value and there are many ways dairy affects acne.

Oh, when I used it, I put very, very diluted ACV on my face. I doubt it would irritate even your skin. And I haven't been going around telling people to use it except when they insist on using some alkaline cleanser, baking soda or other topical. I don't think anyone ever once disputed the avoidance of harsh products, anyway. Especially not me. I don't even use cleanser.

Edited by alternativista, 03 March 2011 - 05:19 PM.

#27 SilentWhipser

SilentWhipser

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for that. You've obviously done the research.

You should do a summarised version of your linked post in your thread for people who maybe a little overwhelmed from the information. I remember when I used to look for things that would work on here and some things would be such a drastic change in lifestyle and diet that it can get very confusing.

I think your posts stand alone as brilliant, but I think for someone who's looking to start making changes it would help to have a set method to get them started.

#28 Dharmakaya

Dharmakaya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:58 AM

All it takes is meditation that will increase your vibration. Kundalini energy raises through the chakras etc. Not easy but it can be done.

#29 SilentWhipser

SilentWhipser

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

oh right

#30 Dharmakaya

Dharmakaya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

It works because this is Maya, an virtual reality created in your mind. Your brain creates a picture from electrical signals. Real reality is something else.

#31 Dharmakaya

Dharmakaya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

It works because this is Maya, a virtual reality created in your mind. Your brain creates a picture from electrical signals. Real reality is something else.

Edited by Dharmakaya, 06 March 2011 - 03:59 PM.

#32 praveen64

praveen64

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

All it takes is meditation that will increase your vibration. Kundalini energy raises through the chakras etc. Not easy but it can be done.

It is very easy :)