Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete Holistic Cure

32 posts in this topic

First, I can't believe that I forgot to mention how unstable blood sugar and all kinds of nutrients affect your emotions and mood in my prior post. If you are emotional, look to your blood sugar.

And I'm not the slightest bit angry. I am concerned for the people who might think they are eating only safe foods and still break out because they are in fact eating too many high glycemic impacting meals, drinks or snacks. Or because they have an intolerance to something you and Cordain tell them is safe. I am trying clarify.

Keeping blood sugar stable is absolutely the most important thing that everyone should do. Everyone. Acne or not. It's basic to health. Cordain spoke a great deal about Insulin, the glycemic index and the impact of high glycemic meals on acne. He too, considers that key. But you left that part out. The most important part.

And I've already posted better diet advice. Here in this thread, in my signature and all over the place, hundreds of times. It's what I've been saying here. Here it is again:

You want to eat real, whole nutrient dense foods keeping all meals, drinks and snacks low to moderate glycemic load. Have more anti-inflammatory foods than inflammatory. And avoid anything that you personally have an intolerance for, which everyone has to figure out for themselves. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-t230714.html That link is to my thread which has had going on 43,000 reads with not a single disagreement with my information. Edit: Correction, it currently has over 44,000 reads.

And if you can't figure out what to eat on your own from those guidelines, start by limiting to yourself to very hypo-allergenic foods that also happen to be very nutrient dense and keeping the couple of high glycemic fruits to a minimum/have in combination with a meal of the other foods to reduce their glycemic impact. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/IgE-vs-Ig...t&p=2400195 Do that for a few months while you learn what foods are inflammatory/anti-inflammatory/high glycemic, etc., and gradually and methodically add things back in and watch for signs of intolerance.

In addition, after after avoiding completely for some months to test for intolerance, everyone should limit gluten and dairy, especially unfermented dairy, whether or not you notice any sign of an intolerance for them. Gluten isn't healthy for anyone and it's usually in foods that have little to no nutritional value and there are many ways dairy affects acne.

Oh, when I used it, I put very, very diluted ACV on my face. I doubt it would irritate even your skin. And I haven't been going around telling people to use it except when they insist on using some alkaline cleanser, baking soda or other topical. I don't think anyone ever once disputed the avoidance of harsh products, anyway. Especially not me. I don't even use cleanser.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

Thanks for that. You've obviously done the research.

You should do a summarised version of your linked post in your thread for people who maybe a little overwhelmed from the information. I remember when I used to look for things that would work on here and some things would be such a drastic change in lifestyle and diet that it can get very confusing.

I think your posts stand alone as brilliant, but I think for someone who's looking to start making changes it would help to have a set method to get them started.

All it takes is meditation that will increase your vibration. Kundalini energy raises through the chakras etc. Not easy but it can be done.

It works because this is Maya, an virtual reality created in your mind. Your brain creates a picture from electrical signals. Real reality is something else.

It works because this is Maya, a virtual reality created in your mind. Your brain creates a picture from electrical signals. Real reality is something else.

All it takes is meditation that will increase your vibration. Kundalini energy raises through the chakras etc. Not easy but it can be done.

It is very easy :)

*Moderator edit - URL removed. Please read the board rules*

I was suffering from acne, but, I am cured now through self discipline and hardwork.

Don't listen to "NO" sayers, it takes a leap of faith and a strong belief in our bodies

AMAZING healing abilities.