My skin

5 replies to this topic

#1 partygirl1984

partygirl1984

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:07 PM

When i was at uni a few months ago my face was almost totally clear and now i've been home for a few months I'm covered in pimples. I've noticed a few things that I've been doing differently. Can anyone tell me if they'd be likely to aggravate the acne?

1. I've been getting LESS SLEEP than i did at uni. It may sound like it should be the other way round but i've been having to get up early for work, earlier than i would have done for uni.

2. I drink LESS MILK at uni.

3. I probably eat slightly LESS CHOCOLATE. However, I probably eat the same amount of crisps.

4. I wear more make up on my skin now than I did at uni-but having more spots makes you want to wear it so its a vicious circle :sad: I have tried to combat this by wearing a non-comodogenic foundation.

5. The weather is WARMER now than it was in April time. I usually find from year to year that the hotter weather seems to break me out. sad.gif

Does anyone know if these things would be likely to aggravate my acne?

#2 loki

loki

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:18 PM

the hot humid air around here definitely makes mine worse too sad.gif

#3 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:28 PM

Hi partygirl,

A lot of people believe that dairy products break them out.

I've followed this advice, and have eliminated 99.9% of all dairy stuff (milk, cheese, yoghurt etc etc) from my diet.

How about giving that a go? Cut down on the milk you are drinking - or even cut it out of your diet altogether, just as a trial - and see if that makes any difference after a while without it.

Hope this helps.

#4 partygirl1984

partygirl1984

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:42 PM

I only drink milk half as much as i used to. Thing is i'm wary of cutting it out completely because milk is really good for you and is needed, especially for women. I suppose vitamin supplements might be a good idea.

I'm also thinking of trying that thing that someone suggested where you don't drink at the same time as you eat. It's worth a try!

#5 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(partygirl1984 @ Jul 31 2004, 03:29 PM)
Thing is i'm wary of cutting it out completely because milk is really good for you and is needed

A lot of people would disagree with you on that one.

It can only be worth a try.

#6 mischief2

mischief2

miss kitty fantastico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:50 PM

I agree with cynic. I'm of the (controversial) belief that there's not really anything good to be found in milk. The commercials that you see about how good it is... well, nevermind... milk is for baby cows, in my opinion and not for us.

Calcium is important for women especially, I agree with that. You can find calcium in many other foods such as green leafy vegetables (broccoli, collards, kale, mustard greens, turnip greens, bok choy) or you can take supplements.

Cutting dairy out of 99% my diet has helped my skin so much and I feel so much better for it.
"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users