1 reply to this topic

#1 forwardmotion

forwardmotion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hey all smile.gif

I'm going to a new derm in a couple of weeks and am really hoping to get on Spiro. Like the rest of you guys who have tried it, I've done what feels like everything short of Accutane and nothing has really helped significantly.

My old derm wouldn't prescribe me Spiro, though, because she said it was only for those with PCOS or other thyroid-related issues. I know (or at least I *think* I know) that acne is an off-label use for the drug, so I was wondering if anyone could link me to some studies or medical articles that show the effects of Spiro on hormonal acne?

Thanks!!

#2 Boston50

Boston50

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (forwardmotion @ Jul 22 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey all smile.gif

I'm going to a new derm in a couple of weeks and am really hoping to get on Spiro. Like the rest of you guys who have tried it, I've done what feels like everything short of Accutane and nothing has really helped significantly.

My old derm wouldn't prescribe me Spiro, though, because she said it was only for those with PCOS or other thyroid-related issues. I know (or at least I *think* I know) that acne is an off-label use for the drug, so I was wondering if anyone could link me to some studies or medical articles that show the effects of Spiro on hormonal acne?

Thanks!!

Get "The Hormonally Vulnerable Woman" by Geoffrey Redmond. i gave a copy to an Endocrinologist once though, he didn't care ha ha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users