Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forwardmotion

Studies on Spiro!

2 posts in this topic

Hey all :)

I'm going to a new derm in a couple of weeks and am really hoping to get on Spiro. Like the rest of you guys who have tried it, I've done what feels like everything short of Accutane and nothing has really helped significantly.

My old derm wouldn't prescribe me Spiro, though, because she said it was only for those with PCOS or other thyroid-related issues. I know (or at least I *think* I know) that acne is an off-label use for the drug, so I was wondering if anyone could link me to some studies or medical articles that show the effects of Spiro on hormonal acne?

Thanks!!

Hey all :)

I'm going to a new derm in a couple of weeks and am really hoping to get on Spiro. Like the rest of you guys who have tried it, I've done what feels like everything short of Accutane and nothing has really helped significantly.

My old derm wouldn't prescribe me Spiro, though, because she said it was only for those with PCOS or other thyroid-related issues. I know (or at least I *think* I know) that acne is an off-label use for the drug, so I was wondering if anyone could link me to some studies or medical articles that show the effects of Spiro on hormonal acne?

Thanks!!

Get "The Hormonally Vulnerable Woman" by Geoffrey Redmond. i gave a copy to an Endocrinologist once though, he didn't care ha ha.