3 replies to this topic

#1 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Azelaic acids are made out of wheat or animal products, yes?
so, if one is allergic/ sensitive to these when they are ingested, will the same occur if applied topically?
obviously, not all things applied topically should be ingested, but if it causes irritation in my body, it causes irritation in my body. maybe my body just wouldn't like it anywhere, inside or out.

any thoughts?
thanks, guys!
"You're such a beautiful freak, I wish there were more just like you. You're not like all of the others, that is why I love you. Beautiful Freak, Beautiful Freak- that is why I love you."

building a personal bubble of support via my log: Jokerj's Hopeful Log

#2 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

also, when searching the acid on google, i came up with a hair loss treatment
worried this meant azelaic acid would cause excess growth, i clicked on it, but here's what the website said

http://www.alibaba.c...cid_5_Hair.html
It won't let me just copy the words, sorry for the link!

but, this is interesting if it's true!

however, while it seems to be non-carcinogenic, as far as we know, it does also seem to inhibit melanin production, which is scary for skin cancer-prone folks like me!

Edited by jokerj, 19 July 2010 - 02:18 PM.

"You're such a beautiful freak, I wish there were more just like you. You're not like all of the others, that is why I love you. Beautiful Freak, Beautiful Freak- that is why I love you."

#3 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

and why does the skinoren website say not to use azelaic acid for more than 6 months straight?

#4 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:50 AM

whoa! jsut read this on wikipedia
"Rosacea treatment
Azelaic acid is also used as a topical gel treatment for rosacea, due to its ability to reduce inflammation. In some cases, females have reported hair growth on face and neck.
Hair loss
Azelaic acid may be useful as a hair growth stimulant. A research report by Stamatiadis in 1988 suggested that azelaic acid (and combinations of it, with zinc ion and vitamin B6) was a strong type I 5-alpha reductase (5-AR) inhibitor.[4] The enzyme, 5-AR (both Types I and II) convert testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT has been shown to contribute to prostate enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia, BPH) and to damage hair follicles. However, no clinical studies have confirmed its efficacy in helping with hair loss."

do not think i'll be trying this one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users