5 replies to this topic

#1 lightersUP

lightersUP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

Anyone else have trouble appreciating their skin, even when it's getting better? I'm so much clearer now compared to before, but I still find myself scrutinizing my face - every blackhead, every clogged pore, every faint redmark just drives me crazy. I feel like I need to look picture perfect and have clear, super smooth and even-colored skin. Or else I must be doing something wrong.

I feel like I'll never be satisfied until I look in the mirror and my face is flawless. I just wanna be normal and not live in the shadow of acne, always nervous that one day it'll come back and shake up my world again, so I get really anxious when anything pops up on my face, no matter how big or small.

I need to learn how to be grateful for my clearer skin now and stop holding myself to some lofty expectation of flawless, poreless skin. I keep waiting for the day when my skin is "perfect" so when I see any little flaw now, it just crushes me. I had a bad habit of picking at my face in the past, so I'm trying really hard not to fall into that right now. I don't want to mess up my face by trying to make it perfect by squeezing at any little imperfection I could find. Ugh, I wish that I wasn't so preoccupied with my skin... and I'm a guy! How nice would it be if everyone just had naturally baby soft skin their whole life!

If you saw my skin right now you'd swear I was crazy, but it really is a hard thing to deal with..

Edited by lightersUP, 19 July 2010 - 09:08 AM.

#2 Jay326

Jay326

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

I used to think exactly like this but you gotta break the habit. We're humans, it's normal to get little breakouts here and there. Think of your skin at it's worst and think how it is now, be grateful that it's alot better and enjoy it while it lasts, you never know...it could come back.

#3 Hi I'm John!

Hi I'm John!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Jay326 @ Jul 18 2010, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to think exactly like this but you gotta break the habit. We're humans, it's normal to get little breakouts here and there. Think of your skin at it's worst and think how it is now, be grateful that it's alot better and enjoy it while it lasts, you never know...it could come back.

that might have been the best answer ive seen you give...kudos man

#4 freebird91

freebird91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I also find myself obsessing over my skin and feeling like I'll never be happy with it until I have that perfect, poreless complexion that we have as little kids. I want people to admire my skin (that actually sounds pretty lame to say redface.gif ) and I want to love it, not just accept it. A lot of my struggle is with the texture of my skin (I can be a compulsive picker sometimes wacko.gif) , especially on my cheeks around my nose. I feel like pimples will heal but I'll never have perfect even skin. As much as it bothers me I've realized that in the real world, very few adults have the complexion I crave yet they look no less attractive just because they don't have baby skin, at least in my opinion. No one can or should demand that you are perfect, so why should you demand it of yourself, right? Love what you have and be thankful that you are who you are; cheesy, but important.

Peace wink.gif

#5 X3Kell3X

X3Kell3X

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

ya im the same way. once my skin cleared (well relatively speaking me cleared =2 to 3 breakouts) haha i then looked at all the scars, the oily ness, the red cheeks and chin and obsessed about that. i think its normal. people have flaws that they ponder over. but don't let it control ur life! like i can't tell u not to obsesse beacuse i do the same thing. it makes me feel better to obsesse anyway. so ha. but don't let it control emotions or anything. keep living life!

#6 X3Kell3X

X3Kell3X

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

and there is no such thing as 'flawless' because even the girls who have so called "flawless" skin probably have things in their face that they don't like.

no one is perfect..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users