Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many of you outgrew acne?

83 posts in this topic

26 now... still not outgrown it completely, but it has gotten less (even though i get really bad cysts now, from time to time)

Yeah I outgrew acne when I was 20 (I'm 22 now). Still get a couple pimples and still have some scars from the acne days but the acne is gone. It all depends on when you first got it, I got hit BAD when I was like 17,18... thankfully its calm now.

My mother had acne till she was close to 30. I'm 18 and relatively clear after a year of hard work, but I still get a pimple every now and then (which I assume is due to hormones).

My mom and dad said they outgrew theres at 18-19, im 17 now and got acne when I was 13-14, so hopefully not much longer to go, it has got decreasingly worse though.

My Regimen:

•Eucerin Toner

•Boots Daily Wash

•Boots Daily Exfoliator

•Nivea Sensitive Moisturiser

With me, it started at 12 and I still have it moderately at 27. It is always coming back. With the hot weather these days I am always breaking out.

First got acne at twelve and had it more or less continuosly up until the age of thirty. I am now forty and although I do get clear periods, I still continue to breakout. All in all, don`t think I have completely outgrown acne yet! Got my mum and gran to thank - they both had acne and got breakouts well into middle age!

Started at 13 and still as strong as ever at almost 26.

My dad says he outgrew his, I'm not sure that my mom ever had any... both are super-clear now. I'm 22 and hoping that there's still a chance I'll outgrow.

Acne sufferer since 2007 - Have tried several different antibiotics, Retin-A, a variety of holistic approaches - as well as 9 months of Accutane between 2013 and 2014. Have also been on Dan's Regimen on and off since 2009.

Current state - clear-ish, but get small pustules daily and deep, inflamed boils at least once a week.

I have not outgrown my acne. Though I don't get pimples anymore if I stop my regimen I will get breakouts.

Use this regimen 2 pumps of bp and 2 pumps of cetaphil moisturizer mixed with 30 drops of jojoba oil. Use CVS oilpads to wipe away shine. Your breakouts will stop immediately and within 2 weeks all existing pimples will be gone.

THE ACNE CHALLENGE!!!

Started at 12 with mild acne, then...

age 13-14 severe acne

age 15-17 moderate acne

age 18-21 mild acne

age 22-23 occasional acne

age 24-28 more or less clear

My dad's started when he was 13 and it cleared up when he was about 19. My mum didn't really have it. Its genetics, but that doesn't mean you'll follow the same pattern as either of your parents. My brother had it from 17 until about 23, but it was only mild acne.

I just turned 30 and i've had acne since i was 14/15. My mom still gets minor pimples and she's in her 50's and my dad is clear. Brother gets non inflamed acne but you can hardly tell. I 'll probaby never out grow mine as i am a female, a worrier by nature and i work and live a stressfu life.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Ugh, I wish I had an answer for you. Heck, I wish I had an answer for myself! I didn't start having ANY acne, zits, whiteheads, etc until I was 16 1/2. I am now 18 1/2 (yes I know I used halves in my age, I was just trying to give a more specific reference lol). It started bad, got better, then cleared up when I was 17, had clear skin for a couple months, came back somewhat, then more, and more. It hasn't been as bad sine I initially started getting acne, but it got bad enough to where I sought treatment. I pray to the derma gods that I outgrow this... and SOON!

It's so hard seeing all my friends, who granted had acne while I didn't, outgrow their acne now. While I got it late and probably will outgrow it (if and when I do), at a much later age. Self confidence... out the window. :(

AM Regimen:

Cleanse face with La Roche Posay Effaclar

Apply Aczone

Moisturize with Sheseido Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer

PM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

Spot Treat with Clearisil Adult Acne Tinted Spot Treatment (always)

I now do not follow a vitamin regimen and have expanded my eating to include almost all food groups (excluding lactose/dairy). Since I made this change my face has CLEARED UP!

Minimalism people, trust me it works. Develop a skin care regimen, stick to it, and you will see results. All the rest (diet, exercise, supplements) didn't work for me. Less is more.

Status: 98% Clear... Plus a nice bunch of superficial scarring -.-

Ugh, I wish I had an answer for you. Heck, I wish I had an answer for myself! I didn't start having ANY acne, zits, whiteheads, etc until I was 16 1/2. I am now 18 1/2 (yes I know I used halves in my age, I was just trying to give a more specific reference lol). It started bad, got better, then cleared up when I was 17, had clear skin for a couple months, came back somewhat, then more, and more. It hasn't been as bad sine I initially started getting acne, but it got bad enough to where I sought treatment. I pray to the derma gods that I outgrow this... and SOON!

It's so hard seeing all my friends, who granted had acne while I didn't, outgrow their acne now. While I got it late and probably will outgrow it (if and when I do), at a much later age. Self confidence... out the window. sad.png

It's so hard seeing all my friends, who granted had acne while I didn't, outgrow their acne now. While I got it late and probably will outgrow it (if and when I do), at a much later age. Self confidence... out the window. sad.png

RIGHT! It's so hard having acne when all your friends have clear skin :'(

AM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

PM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

I now do not follow a vitamin regimen and have expanded my eating to include almost all food groups (excluding lactose/dairy). Since I made this change my face has CLEARED UP!

Minimalism people, trust me it works. Develop a skin care regimen, stick to it, and you will see results. All the rest (diet, exercise, supplements) didn't work for me. Less is more.

My acne has lessened with age and better treatment (not popping etc). I do think it's possible to outgrow acne if it's hormone related.

Currently clear of acne with the occasional hormonal breakout. Check out my routines and progress updates here:
http://www.acne.org/...g-and-duac-gel/

Treat yourself as you treat others.

My acne has lessened with age and better treatment (not popping etc). I do think it's possible to outgrow acne if it's hormone related.

Accutane empire

Outgrow acne means that hormones stabilizes.

Currently clear of acne with the occasional hormonal breakout. Check out my routines and progress updates here:

Yeah we have like 20-30% thicker skin than females. Yep that´s the androgen shitty hormone that makes our skin so oily and in result of that worse acne sad.png WHYY!

Accutane empire

Ooop, guess I forget that normal ladies don't tend to have as much androgens. I do, so I take it for granted teehee.gif (PCOS = lots of testosterone, DHT and androgens. There's ways to control it for ladies though - some ways for men, too, but you do have less options)

Yep. Sorry for not stating that outright. smile.png Also, there's obviously things you can do to get your hormones more balanced.

AM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

PM Regimen:

Apply Aczone

Yep. Sorry for not stating that outright. :) Also, there's obviously things you can do to get your hormones more balanced.

I've started having acne problems around 13. I'm 21, and I still have acne problems, although it might be better now. Ever since January, I've been taking half the regular dosage of antibiotics, and I don't think I'm getting noticeably more acne compared to the regular dosage. If I really do have acne problems because of genetic reasons, I'll grow out of it eventually, because so did my maternal grandfather (who also had acne). Too bad my mom doesn't know at what age he grew out of it. It sounds terrible that some people won't grow out of acne. I really hope I do.

Current regime:

One tablet of Bactrim DS every night

Atralin every other night

Acanya every morning