Honey + steam to get rid of my acne

3 replies to this topic

#1 happykoala

happykoala

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hi! I've been lurking on this forum for awhile, and I've finally decided to create a log, because I think it'll help me stay on track!

I have non-inflamed acne all over my jawline, chin, chest, and back. The thing is, if I am very gentle with my face, do not use soap, and pretty much just leave it alone, you can't really tell it's there. My usual regimen is to wash my face with raw honey, put a 50/50 solution of apple cider vinegar and water on as a toner, and at nights I use Dan's BP cream. For some reason, that doesn't irritate my face. I moisturize with aloe vera gel.

The problem is, is I am not perfectly gentle, it flares up and takes forever to go back to looking ok again. And it can be any little thing, like picking, washing too hard, or using actual soap. Also, if I don't use the BP, it flares up. During the school year I am so busy it's not really a problem. But now that it's summer it's a mess again, because I have more time to spend messing with my face...

So, I decided to try to get to the root of my problem and do deep cleaning everyday. The honey gets rid of anything inflamed very fast. But, normal washing does not get deep enough to get rid of the non-inflamed stuff. So I am going to put on a honey mask every night and steam my face over a pot of boiling water. Hopefully that'll help get the honey to the stubborn bits....plus it'll keep me from scratching at my face while washing it.

Here are some pictures:

http://i20.photobuck...og/Photo123.jpg

http://i20.photobuck...og/Photo125.jpg

http://i20.photobuck...og/Photo124.jpg

My chest and back make me sad, because it was clear, and then it broke out a little, so I'd thought I'd try a Neutrogena body wash, and then in broke out a lot....oh well live and learn.

Edited by happykoala, 14 July 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#2 happykoala

happykoala

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

Day 3

So far, some progress I suppose. The big pimples have pretty much gone away, but that might be a time thing. The change that excites me has to do with the small clogged pores. You know how sometimes you'll be washing your face and you'll feel plugs coming out of your pores? That's happening all over my chin. Very exciting. My face has been getting dryer than usual, which makes sense, because hot water is drying, and steam is just very hot water....

#3 Nan Lopez

Nan Lopez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

I would like to suggest you apply mint juice on acne twice a day.

#4 cts50

cts50

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (happykoala @ Jul 15 2010, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Day 3

So far, some progress I suppose. The big pimples have pretty much gone away, but that might be a time thing. The change that excites me has to do with the small clogged pores. You know how sometimes you'll be washing your face and you'll feel plugs coming out of your pores? That's happening all over my chin. Very exciting. My face has been getting dryer than usual, which makes sense, because hot water is drying, and steam is just very hot water....

Hi there;

Your honey mask idea sounds really interesting? I read your first post and I wondered if you steam, then apply the mask or apply the mask and then steam...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users