3 replies to this topic

#1 ace123

ace123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

There are very few directions when it comes to benzaclin. With Proactiv or Exposed there are booklets and a website with so many answers and directions. With Benzaclin they just say ask your doctor. I personally feel like i know a lot more about acne than my doctor (he isn't a derm). So... I need your help.

• Is it bad to use a lot of benzaclin like Dan does with BP?
  • How long should i wait to put moisturizer on after applying benzaclin?
  • Is there such a thing as applying too much moisturizer?
  • Do you even recommend benzaclin?
  • How long did it take for you to get clear skin or see great results & how bad was/is your acne?
  • Does benzaclin prevent acne for you? It doesn't for me so far.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm so fed up with acne and i'm ready for clear skin. My skin isn't absolutely terrible but its still bad and i get cystic acne sometimes. If benzaclin doesn't work near perfectly then i'm going to accutane. Thanks! -Josh

#2 justwantittogoaway

justwantittogoaway

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (ace123 @ Jun 24 2010, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are very few directions when it comes to benzaclin. With Proactiv or Exposed there are booklets and a website with so many answers and directions. With Benzaclin they just say ask your doctor. I personally feel like i know a lot more about acne than my doctor (he isn't a derm). So... I need your help.

• Is it bad to use a lot of benzaclin like Dan does with BP?
  • How long should i wait to put moisturizer on after applying benzaclin?
  • Is there such a thing as applying too much moisturizer?
  • Do you even recommend benzaclin?
  • How long did it take for you to get clear skin or see great results & how bad was/is your acne?
  • Does benzaclin prevent acne for you? It doesn't for me so far.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm so fed up with acne and i'm ready for clear skin. My skin isn't absolutely terrible but its still bad and i get cystic acne sometimes. If benzaclin doesn't work near perfectly then i'm going to accutane. Thanks! -Josh

Yeah, I know. there are hardly any directions. Benzaclin worked for me for over a year..till i got out of whack, and now im on the generic and it isnt as good. But i LOVE benzaclin the original. ITS NOT BAD to use alot of benzaclin, but because it's so expensive, its not a great idea. Just use alot on areas that are really problem areas or actively broken out. I apply my moisturizer immeaditly following. *shrugs* thats just me. I try to avoid the areas where i put alot on. There is probably a thing as too much moisturizer. I use a dime size amount MAX for each area (cheek, forehead, etc) of my face. I DO recommend Benzaclin. Hang in there. It takes a good 4 weeks or so to really see a difference. Im scared my skin may have become immunue :'(

#3 SandrS

SandrS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

Yah, the generic isn't as good but it is pretty ok! Better than without anything. Sigh. Drug companies and insurance people. sad.
Wait for the cream to dry before putting on moisturizer. You're supposed to put on one pump which is like a quarter ish.(?)

#4 HelloLovve

HelloLovve

Life is a storm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:41 AM

I used Benzaclin for a long time with absolutely no results. It was such waste of time and money. And yes, be careful bc you don't want to use too much or your skin will become very scaly...mine did anyway. The derm told me to only use a little bit at a time. For moisturizer, use it 15 minutes after you apply the Benzaclin that way the Benzaclin has time to be absorbed into your skin. As for applying to much moisturizer, I think that just depends on your skin. I have very oily skin to begin with, so applying to much just makes it worse.

Hope the Benzaclin ends up giving you some results, but for me it didn't.

By the way, do you steam your face ever? I've found that if I steam my face at night for about 10 minutes and then wash my face with a salicylic acid wash ( I use Oxy Clinical), my skin clears up really fast, as opposed to if I don't steam my face at all. (And steam in the shower is not enough, you have to get water hot on the stove and then cover your face with a towel.)

Good luck!

My Regimen

Morning:
*Apply Olay Regenerist Micropurifying Foaming wash & use Clarisonic
(Love, love, love this thing!!)
*Estee Lauder Day Wear Moisturizer

Night:
*Olay Regenerist Micro-Purifying Foaming Cleanser
*Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream

Miscellaneous:
*Yaz BC *TCA Peels (15%) *Steam treatment *Psyllium Husk Caps

Current Status: Clear