Photo

White/Yellow head

whitehead whiteheads pop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

Ok i have been trying to figure out wtf i have on my skin forever, acne or folliculitis. I have noticed when i get inflamed whiteheads on my skin in the daylight when i look outside in my truck mirrror i see a yellowish whitehead, more yellow than white. When i look it room light or any other mirror its all white? What is it really? So confusing.

Also like right now i had this huge inflammed whitehead forming on chin again and i put Dans BP on it overnight and thats it. It is wanting to pop but im not messing with it since the weekend and dont have to be at work. I noticed in mirror that maybe it popped a little or sumin because there is a a tad bit of yellow crust next to whitehead, small amount. Is that really a sign of bacterial infection folliculitis of skin? Reg Acne should not do that right? Should i really take my prescribed Bactrim DS for this?

Also i know its not impetigo or anything like this, that is severe yellow crusting and not at all wht mine looks like, so dont bother mentioning that. I just read that forms of yellow like crust is bacterial infections of skin, "well obvioulsly" that is what acne is caused from too.

So why yellow looking in daylight but not in mirrors under room light, and whats with the small bit yellow crust on top of whitehead?

#2 Boredofit

Boredofit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

i get this too dude. over literally the past couple of days i've made the massive discovery that my facial hair must be causing me to break out in whiteheads (hence folliculitus). i shave every 3 days or so and by then my hair is thick and quite long already. i i never get whiteheads on areas without hair like my nose or forehead, just in places where my facial hair grows. i'm going to start shaving every day from now on like i used to when i was clear with less irritating blades and i'm pretty sure that i'm gonna see a massive difference. maybe this is something you should think about too if you're not already?

if i get a whitehead, it dries up pretty quickly into a yellowy sort of crust like yours. if i'm clean shaved, then any existing whiteheads will go down pretty much overnight and no new ones will form unless i let the hair grow. must be a coincidence right?

if what you said is true about it being more of a bacterial infection, it sounds more than likely that it's got something to do with the hair.

#3 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Boredofit @ Jun 19 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i get this too dude. over literally the past couple of days i've made the massive discovery that my facial hair must be causing me to break out in whiteheads (hence folliculitus). i shave every 3 days or so and by then my hair is thick and quite long already. i i never get whiteheads on areas without hair like my nose or forehead, just in places where my facial hair grows. i'm going to start shaving every day from now on like i used to when i was clear with less irritating blades and i'm pretty sure that i'm gonna see a massive difference. maybe this is something you should think about too if you're not already?

if i get a whitehead, it dries up pretty quickly into a yellowy sort of crust like yours. if i'm clean shaved, then any existing whiteheads will go down pretty much overnight and no new ones will form unless i let the hair grow. must be a coincidence right?

if what you said is true about it being more of a bacterial infection, it sounds more than likely that it's got something to do with the hair.

Ya i am not sure what it is either and i only get these inflamed lesions and pustules on my chin near mouth where my stubble is the thickest. I have to shave everyday because i am in the military, but as soon as my stubble got thicker and thicker that is when i got this infection of acne or what ever it is. When i was completly acne free and was shaving, i notice in my pictures my stubble was barley noticeable, not very thick at all. Now after i shave i have a dark shawdow from stubble, kinda looks like i need to shave again, thats how thick and dark it is. So idk, i think there is a correlation there of perhaps folliculitis, but hell i just wish i could get my doc to test for sure. He rather slap bactrim in my hands and see how it responds. Still contemplating taking it, have had the med for 2 months now lol and still have not taken one.

Also sometimes it itches through my chin area and sometimes it doesnt, so another possibility it could be folliculits. Hate living on possibility or speculation from docs.

#4 Boredofit

Boredofit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

are you putting anything on it? go ask for some tablets for folliculitis or ask the doc what he thinks about it. are you only getting the problem in areas where hair grows too then? sounds pretty much the same as me tbh

#5 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Boredofit @ Jun 19 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you putting anything on it? go ask for some tablets for folliculitis or ask the doc what he thinks about it. are you only getting the problem in areas where hair grows too then? sounds pretty much the same as me tbh

I have tried BP and SA treatements, benzaclin, and retin A and it will never stay away. My practioner thinks it could be folliculitis and she gave me a clindamycin gel to use. It doesnt prevent them either. Then my PCM doctor gave me bactrim to take. I have no taken it yet because of fear of SJS and other side effects. I am at my breaking point thou and think i might just say fk it and pop them anyway. Right now i am trying probiotics and spot treating with DANS BP now. Even used neosporin on them but dont want to become resistant to neosporin.

Here is a link to pics i posted of it. Trust me the camera from my droid makes it look way better and i had not shaved yet so it kind covers all the bad red marks and inflammation. Right now it is a little worse and inflammed than this 2 weeks ago.

http://www.acne.org/...is-t269931.html

#6 Boredofit

Boredofit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

i definitely wouldn't bother with the bactrim, it sounds way too powerful for something as minor as what you have.

i use finacea gel which is really effective for whiteheads and prevents others from coming up. it's a form of azelaic acid..maybe you could experiment with that? it's good for inflammation and redness too.

that whitehead really looks like the result of an ingrown hair if you ask me. i'd research that a bit more if i was you and see what's best for it.

how do you shave and what do you use?

i'm about to hit the sack mate, i'll catch up tomorrow.

#7 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Boredofit @ Jun 19 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i definitely wouldn't bother with the bactrim, it sounds way too powerful for something as minor as what you have.

i use finacea gel which is really effective for whiteheads and prevents others from coming up. it's a form of azelaic acid..maybe you could experiment with that? it's good for inflammation and redness too.

that whitehead really looks like the result of an ingrown hair if you ask me. i'd research that a bit more if i was you and see what's best for it.

how do you shave and what do you use?

i'm about to hit the sack mate, i'll catch up tomorrow.

I shave before shower with an electric shaver. I always clean the head of the electric shaver with antibacterial soap too before shaving.

#8 Boredofit

Boredofit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:00 AM

i would try wet shaving if i was you, i always find electric shaving leaves my skin feeling quite dry. do you not use a moisturiser or post shave balm or anything?

up to you what you try though i guess.