Photo

Damn hard, red pimple on nose won't go away?!

pimple pimples pop pus make-up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Smooth_Criminal

Smooth_Criminal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

This is the 3rd day I've had it. I use to get random pimples on my nose approx. 4 years ago when I had moderate acne, until I started using Differin gel. Now I get very mild acne, but this is the 1st time in years getting a pimple on my nose!
It's terrible because it's near the centre of my face and it's very difficult to cover up with make-up.

It feels like a bruise when I poke it. There must be pus underneath, but faaar from coming to a head. I really don't want to pop it, because from past experience, I was always left with blood everywhere and scabs that stayed for weeks. Embarrassing.

It's got a "shiny" head and it's more raised than it was yesterday. I tried applying Aloe Vera, then Differin on top of that, then during the night I put on toothpaste. I can't decide which will help.

I'm so impatient.

Here are the things I have:

1. Differin gel
2. Aloe Vera (plant extract)
3. Lemon juice
4. Toothpaste
5. Emu oil or moisturizer
6. Cocoa butter

What to use..

Perhaps I should try putting a crap load of Aloe on it and place a bandaid on top.

I'm desperate to make it shrink a little by 2 days.

PLEASE HELP!!

#2 mulzachan

mulzachan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:53 PM

maybe you want to try bringing it to a head. not sure what option you want to go with, but you really only have two choices here, in my opinion: either put something on it to bring it to a head, or put something heavily drying on it to dry it out. not sure which decision you want to go with.

#3 Smooth_Criminal

Smooth_Criminal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

Seeing as I'm going out tomorrow, and then have school for the rest of the week, I'll avoid popping it. Right now I'm just constantly applying the Differin gel. It seems a little smaller than it was this morning. Hopefully it'll shrink more by tomorrow morning, and I'll cover it with concealer.
Thanks for your answer! smile.gif

#4 Smooth_Criminal

Smooth_Criminal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

Damnit. It is possible for a pimple to heal WITHOUT popping it?
It feels as if I need to get rid of the gunk underneath in order for it to stop hurting and properly heal.
I don't want a massive scab on my nose. eusa_wall.gif

#5 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Smooth_Criminal @ Jun 19 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damnit. It is possible for a pimple to heal WITHOUT popping it?
It feels as if I need to get rid of the gunk underneath in order for it to stop hurting and properly heal.
I don't want a massive scab on my nose. eusa_wall.gif

They can go away without being popped.

See the link in my signature that starts "What to do..." for tips on dealing with a bothersome spot. STOP the toothpaste, that's just irritating and won't do a durn thing for acne. Stop 'poking' it. wink.gif

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#6 Smooth_Criminal

Smooth_Criminal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

Thank you, Wynne! I will definitely check out your link, after my trip to the shops. Yes, I'm wearing make-up, hopefully it doesn't make it worse.. :/
Today, it's gotten bigger, hurts more, AND it's darker. Ice, aloe vera and Differin don't seem to be helping.
Pimples on the nose are so much harder to get rid of!

#7 smartie

smartie

simple is best.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Smooth_Criminal @ Jun 19 2010, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you, Wynne! I will definitely check out your link, after my trip to the shops. Yes, I'm wearing make-up, hopefully it doesn't make it worse.. :/
Today, it's gotten bigger, hurts more, AND it's darker. Ice, aloe vera and Differin don't seem to be helping.
Pimples on the nose are so much harder to get rid of!

You should try wrapping the ice cube in a thin towel, and keep switching the ice cube to a dry spot on the towel and hold it on the zit, I really like using ice on any type of zit, especially cysts, or when you pop a zit, the ice seems to "close" the pore up.

#8 Barack Obama

Barack Obama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

I have had pimples blackheads etc. on my nose too. I have tried all the items you mentioned. Heres my advice on what works. Relize nobody will critize your fucking nose rolleyes.gif

#9 Smooth_Criminal

Smooth_Criminal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

I've been trying the ice method. It seems to harden the pimple and numb the pain. My mum keeps saying that's bad because the crap ain't comin' out of my body.
For some reason, a layer of skin began to form over it and I picked it off. Now it looks less dark, but it still hurts...
I've a got a feeling it'll never go away until I pop it. But I really don't want to..