Photo

Has anyone used Snail Cream (Elicina or other brands) for Scarrring?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Liquid_Ocelot

Liquid_Ocelot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:45 AM

There seems to be some good reviews for it on this site. I wonder if it would be even more effective after dermarolling?

#2 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Liquid_Ocelot @ Jun 17 2010, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There seems to be some good reviews for it on this site. I wonder if it would be even more effective after dermarolling?

yup, ive used it before. i left my comments in the review section back when i was cartwheeling_monkey. anyhoo here they are:

cartwheeling_monkey from Sydney
4 months ago

Pros
I used bioskincare and elicina (another snail cream) for around 6 months. Bioskincare is definitely better (left a nicer skin tone) than the elicina. I stocked up and purchased 5 jars of bioskincare and 3 jars of elicina.

Cons They really didnt do anything for my indented scars. I have enlarged pores, very minor pitted scars and some more moderate boxscars and I can effectively say, it didnt do anything. I applied it morning and night and rubbed it in deeply each time to stimulate collagen growth and the breakdown of scar tissue. Unfortunately, it didnt do anything and doesnt get rid of old scars. Any pimples I did get in that period, which I picked also scarred, so as a scarring preventative, it also doesnt work.

Bottom line You are all more than welcome to try it, however I gave it my best shot, applying a substancial quantity over a long period of time, for smaller scars than most and didnt see any results. I am only being honest. Its best to save up for something that will help a bit more. I question the other postive posters here and ask, did you really see improvement or do you work for a company selling the product?

Recommended Yes

Price paid $600.00

Acne severity moderate

#3 Liquid_Ocelot

Liquid_Ocelot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (sydney_fellow @ Jun 17 2010, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Liquid_Ocelot @ Jun 17 2010, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yup, ive used it before. i left my comments in the review section back when i was cartwheeling_monkey. anyhoo here they are:

cartwheeling_monkey from Sydney
4 months ago

Pros
I used bioskincare and elicina (another snail cream) for around 6 months. Bioskincare is definitely better (left a nicer skin tone) than the elicina. I stocked up and purchased 5 jars of bioskincare and 3 jars of elicina.

Cons They really didnt do anything for my indented scars. I have enlarged pores, very minor pitted scars and some more moderate boxscars and I can effectively say, it didnt do anything. I applied it morning and night and rubbed it in deeply each time to stimulate collagen growth and the breakdown of scar tissue. Unfortunately, it didnt do anything and doesnt get rid of old scars. Any pimples I did get in that period, which I picked also scarred, so as a scarring preventative, it also doesnt work.

Bottom line You are all more than welcome to try it, however I gave it my best shot, applying a substancial quantity over a long period of time, for smaller scars than most and didnt see any results. I am only being honest. Its best to save up for something that will help a bit more. I question the other postive posters here and ask, did you really see improvement or do you work for a company selling the product?

Recommended Yes

Price paid $600.00

Acne severity moderate

Well I don't think there's any cream out there that can help pitted scars on its own, maybe if we combined it with dermarolling? I'm thinking of buying this Pure Snail Serum from bohemia style, it's pretty much 100% snail secretion with no additional ingredients. Sounds promising to me.

#4 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:47 AM

Just heard of Labcconte snail cream today...

Haven't tried any kind of snail cream though.

I think it's just all hype.

#5 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:18 AM

bohemia style and bioskincare are the same company. they have different names and shop fronts, but when you make a purchase to either, you will see the same name "andes LLC" something will come up in your account statement. i suppose if you did purchase the pure stuff from bohemia style, it could be cheaper. even though it is very expensive.

i also went to the effort of purchasing 30 live snails and had them shipped up from melbourne. i made a home for them in my cupboard and put raw scaps in there for them. i layed in them on my face and theyd run over it. yuckie when i come to think back to it. it felt like they were biting so i took them back off again. a few weeks later i threw them out, complete in their little houses i made. i still wonder too this day where they are.

i cant believe i spent so much time and effort this whole process.i i feel like a nutter when i think back to it. i think we all have "moments of maddness though" smile.gif

Edited by sydney_fellow, 17 June 2010 - 05:21 AM.

#6 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:34 AM

Snake Oil er I mean Snail Oil @600, thats it, I am getting into the supplement business. There are only 3 things with real science behind them and there rest are all baloney. Nothing regulates this industry from saying all the lies they want to. I could sit here and name supplement after supplement that was pronounced as a miracle cure and has been discredited. Go with what is proven and let the fools support the supplement industry.

http://www.nytimes.c...no_interstitial
Dermabrasion - Full Face

CO2 Full Face 1996

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% May 22, 2008

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Jan 08, 2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 30,2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 08,2010

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Nov 04,2011

"The Road To Wellville" 1994
Goodloe Bender: Health! The 'open sesame' to the sucker's purse!

#7 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (DudleyDoRight @ Jun 17 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snake Oil er I mean Snail Oil @600, thats it, I am getting into the supplement business. There are only 3 things with real science behind them and there rest are all baloney. Nothing regulates this industry from saying all the lies they want to. I could sit here and name supplement after supplement that was pronounced as a miracle cure and has been discredited. Go with what is proven and let the fools support the supplement industry.

http://www.nytimes.c...no_interstitial

lol dudley u were right and you know it. i remember you saying every single time other people and myself tried each of these snake oils, that it was a taste of money. ah id give anything to turn back time and have listened.

i think its a learning process a lot of people go through. trying these products, realising they dont work and then going for the proper ones. if anything its made me trust you more and i think a lot of other people too.

this was just one of many snake oils i shall hope to forget.

#8 Liquid_Ocelot

Liquid_Ocelot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:24 AM

So you guys think Snail Serum is pretty much worthless for scars? What if I combined it with dermarolling?

#9 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Edited by DudleyDoRight, 17 June 2010 - 06:00 PM.

Dermabrasion - Full Face

CO2 Full Face 1996

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% May 22, 2008

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Jan 08, 2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 30,2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 08,2010

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Nov 04,2011

"The Road To Wellville" 1994
Goodloe Bender: Health! The 'open sesame' to the sucker's purse!

#10 Liquid_Ocelot

Liquid_Ocelot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

Btw just to let ppl know, Bohemia Style UK is pretty much a scam website, stay away from them.