Chopper

Accutane Users: Amazing cure for cracked and chapped lips

56 posts in this topic

Month 2 on accutane ( claravis 60 mg) and I'm dying! Heading to Walmart NOW! thanks a million :) 

Also created an account just to reply .
instant relief . Within two hours no pain and swelling subsided . Excited to see if it's almost gone by tomorrow . Thank you so much 

I'm in the UK and this post seriously cheered me up until I got to the pharmacy and they refused to sell it to me! Apparently you're not to use it on cracked skin.
I had been using Lanolin and switched to normal old Vaseline which helped massively, it was healed within two days. I'm only on 30mg Accutane a day though.

As a seasoned Accutane vet, I want to recommend Savex lip balm. My dermatologist had his son using it when he was on it, and that really helped.

I still smile when I think back to all of the times I left behind pots of it at a friend's house.

Like many I opened an account to thank you for the advice. My lips were so badly chapped it looked my lipstick had smeared across my mouth. One corner was so badly cracked and peeling it even hurt to smile. I was using makeup to tone down the redness. I had tried first aid ointment, chapstick and extra moisturizing lotion. Nothing was helping it seemed it was all getting worse. I came across advice to use just Aquaphor it helped temporarily to make my lips feel a little better. Then I came across your advice and said it can't hurt to try. My step was going to be the dermatologist. I applied a thick layer of the Cortisone especially in the corners and added another layer of Aquaphor on top. The next morning there was a noticeable improvement. 3 days later all is almost normal again!!! Thank you so much!!! Your advice has been passed on trust me!!!

I tried it and it worked! The cracks I had in the corners of my mouth went away quickly. I bookmarked this just in case it ever happens again so that I know what to use next time. I also signed up just so I could post a reply for the helpful advice. Thank you!