Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can ya get B5 thru diet??

5 posts in this topic

Hey was wondering what foods contain b5>is that pantothenic acid?? Do foods even contain it? Am I sounding insane hahaha>

Thanx!

Also, is it easy to find in a vitamin store?

You can search the web for information on that...

However, if you're looking to use B5 as a treatment for acne,you have to consume a high dose (smoething like 5000% daily value) and I doubt you can get that through foods alone.

Wouldn't hurt to look it up though.

Hey was wondering what foods contain b5>is that pantothenic acid?? Do foods even contain it? Am I sounding insane hahaha>

Thanx!

Also, is it easy to find in a vitamin store?

Thanx guys i was being lazy, looks like it's present in a lot of food ie eggs, chicken, beef, veggies, some while grains, so I gues i've been gettin' okay amounts>thanks! : ) This thread could probably end right here hahaha

B5 is found in foods (if you eat a healthy largely unprocessed diet), however it is pretty delicate. any processing/cooking/storing eliminates a large quantity of B5 from the food. This wasn't a problem when our ancestors picked food at about the time of eating, but since our salads sit in the grocery stores and are transported significant distances, you'd be best off taking a multivitamin (your diet is likely short on other B vitamins as well) that includes a decent amount of B5 (though you should still eat a healthy diet).