Photo

Tree23's Journey to health

garlic green smoothie red tea probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#1 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

Its about time I made one of these!! After many months of lurking around the holistic and accutane logs, and apparently adding enough of my own 2c to become a veteran member... yeah its time.

I tried the holistic stuff for a LONG time before giving into accutane. And its not that I don't think it works. I just spent so much time working towards clear skin, to have it only clear up on the top half of my face. I have the healthiest diet of any of my friends, and the worst skin. I'm sure with a few more years of trial and error I could have figured it out, but I want the clear skin now. I wasted a lot of years being embarrassed about my skin. I know accutane is a quick fix, and the acne will return unless I make a commitment to be healthy for life. I already am a health junkie. I feel great when I eat healthy food, work out, do yoga, go running, and spend time outside. I don't feel so great when I look at my face in the mirror, though it is improving.

Accutane is working, and I'm only 16 days in. The only side effect I have is dry lips. & while accutane is doing its thing, I am doing everything I can to be as healthy as I can otherwise (you know, as healthy as I can be while taking this DNA-screwing baby-deforming pill hah).

Here is a list of things I'm doing/want to do for my overall health and acne::::

First the diet stuff -
Lots of vegetables! In all different forms, of all different colors. Raw, steamed, sautéed, baked, you name it. I almost always cook my veggies with onions and garlic. Thanks to alternativista, I have been letting my onions and garlic sit for 5-10 before I actually use them.

Greens every day. Right now I get these mainly from steamed kale or spinach in my eggs at breakfast time, salads made with arugula, romaine, red or green leaf lettuce, and spinach. Sometimes I make spinach and kale dishes (though these need some work), and every so often have a green smoothie. I have canned and frozen greens on hand so I should always be able to have them even if I run out of fresh organic ones. Goals in this area are to find more types of lettuce(like oak leaf, frisee, sorrel, mache – these are in a recipe book I have) and to try some new greens like swiss chard.

Fruits. No restrictions here. Ideally I’d like to consume a couple different colored fruits every day. Somedays I only eat 1 fruit, so I can work on this. I also want to eat more organic fruits. Some of my favorites are just so damn expensive (and I work in a health food store and get a discount and still think they’re too expensive!) Since organic fruits esp. berries are more affordable if they’re frozen, I have a stock of frozen fruits that I use mainly in smoothies. I don’t like berries thawed out by themselves…just not the same as fresh.

Protein & Fat. Mainly from wild fish. My favorite WAS flounder until I almost killed myself with a bone….grrr. I regularly eat flounder, salmon, tuna, cod, snapper, … whichever one is on sale. I don’t consume too much red meat. Occasionally my mom buys us steaks (not organic or anything when shes buying…) I have converted my mom into a hormone-antibiotic free chicken eater though! Other protein/fat sources: quinoa, nuts and seeds, eggs, beans, hummus(tahini), ground flax, avacado. I want to try bison steaks one day soon… I use olive oil and coconut oil when I cook.

UV protecting foods-> carotenoids (from yellow-orange veggies like sweet potato and squash). Daily tomato or watermelon for the carotenoid lycopene. Flavonols (from raw cacao and veggies).

Grains/carbs. A lot of my carbs are from veggies and potatoes. Other than that, oatmeal, rice, cous cous, quinoa… wraps or bread very occasionally. I don’t like bread or regular sandwiches that much.

Since I am on accutane I stopped taking most all vitamins and supplements. The only things I take are a drink called Green Vibrance (2-3 times a week), or a probiotic capsule when I go a while without the Green Vibrance. I have some biosil that I take maybe once a week.. The pills are too big for me, but I’m trying not to waste them :/

Herbs- Herbs have some wonderful properties, and make things delicious! I have an herb box outside with lemon balm, thyme, rosemary, parsley, fennel, savory, dill, sweet basil, purple basil, lemon basil, marjoram, and sage. I also have mint, oregano, rosemary, and thyme growing in random other places... I try to use herbs in some way every day. I go through dried chives like crazy, and as my plants slowly die in this crazy heat I will probably buy more dried herbs. I can't wait until the fall so I can start an even bigger herb box!

tea - I really got into tea for the first time this winter. I love flavored green and white teas. I have a few herbals (like peppermint), and red tea which I don't care for too much. I haven't been drinking so much lately because of the heat, but I want to experiment with iced tea. I normally use agave nectar or nothing at all to sweeten.

Outside of diet…. I am trying to run 3-4x a week, go to a yoga class 2x a week, do yoga or at least stretch at home every day, have time to relax (even if its just a little) every single day, build/paint/draw/make more of my creative ideas instead of just thinking about them, ride my bike in mornings or evenings, avoid mid-day sun and sunburns, get out of the house a little more (I can find stuff to do at home all day long….), have sex often…, & enjoy summer while it’s here.

Next post I'll try to add some pictures!

#2 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

YEsterday->

As much as I remember: coffee, steamed kale w/ garlic and onion, 1.5 scrambled eggs (w dried chives), orange juice, baked sweet potato and tikka marsala chicken, peppermint tea, organic fruit- mostly watermelon, a few pieces of canteloupe and a few grapes, cold chai tea (bottled & too much sugar :/), guacamole!, 1 beer, and home-made fajitas.

Not nearly enough vegetables, but not bad either. I got in 3 things good for UV protection - the tomato sauce in tikka marsala, sweet potato, and watermelon. Yesterday I was too sore to work out so I did some light stretches. It was a pretty weird day overall. I woke up with a headache, which I never ever get. It was gone by noon. Maybe the peppermint tea helped? Thats why I drank it. I was kind of in a weird mood all day, and couldn't stop feeling dehydrated even though I kept drinking. The heat right now is so damn intense.

On to a new day..........

This morning I'm ready to work out again...now to run or ride my bike???

#3 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

Have been too busy and tired to update the last few days...these are my work days sad.gif((((((((((
I did go on a 40 min. bike ride Friday morning, and didn't get a sunburn! I thought maybe my face did when I walked in the door, but I think it was just heat. For the most part the redness went away.

In the last 2 days I've had steamed kale, eggs, sweet potato, a veggie wrap (sprouts, hummus, tomato, onion, .... all healthy stuff), a fresh carrot+beet+ginger juice, spinach salad, and killed my leftover fajitas. Thats not everything, just what I can remember quickly.......

I also got a new cleanser ---> Humphrey's Organic Botanicals: Moisturizing Cleansing Milk - Sensitive Skin Therapy. It has witch hazel, jasmine, arnica, green & white tea, lavender, aloe, cucumber, hyaluronic acid, kelp, borage oil, flax oil, and rose hip oil. I think I like it! I've only used it 2 or 3 times so far, but no insane redness or chemical burns, which so many products do to me.. I am going to use this only at night, and no cleanser in the morning.

#4 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

I've been so emotional and upset these last few days... I've neglected you log. I really haven't been eating much anyways. Troubles troubles troubles. sad.gif

Today's food so far:
Breakfast - Hemp oatmeal w/ ground flax mixed in + cinnamon and cacao nibs on top
Lunch - my first attempt at Indian lentils... Cooked green lentils with onion, garlic, curry, turmeric, ginger, cumin, dried cilantro flakes, and a diced potato.... I put it on top of rice. It was ok- nothin like what they serve in the Indian restaurant though.
Snack-grapes

Normally I would have had more fruits + vegetables by now, so I have to pack some in at dinner time.

As far as my skin: I am so DRYYYYYY. This is day 24 of accutane I think, so I may possibly have my dosage upped 6 days from now. I can't imagine being drier!! The last 2 days I have rubbed jojoba into my skin before taking a shower to try to protect it from dehydrating effects of the shower. My lips go back and forth from being ok to being unbearably dry. My skin is drastically better than a month ago, though it actually got worse these last 2 days. I was down to ONE active zit, and now I have 3 or 4 new ones coming up. I am absolutely sure that I will be clear one day soon.

& to distract myself from this not-break-up break or whatever I'm doing to my boyfriend ( I don't even know) I have been reading up on raw foods diets and recipes. I wish I had a fricken juicer! and a dehydrator! I love the raw food 'sandwiches' I've had out, but they're so expensive, and theres no cheap way I know of to DIY without the equipment. blah. I ordered a few books in the mail yesterday. They should inspire to make a few new creations. I don't eat much raw food at all now. Of course my fruit and nuts/seeds are raw, but my veggies are almost always sauteed or steamed. I think an additional raw food/snack/or meal every day would do me good. & give me something to obsess about besides my boyfriend troubles.

Edited by tree23, 15 June 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#5 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

I am in such a better mood now! I took my boyfriend back... long story short, everything that as bothering me about him/us just isn't that big a deal and can be fixed. I'm so happy. My 2 days without him were the longest days of my life.

Anyways, I am doing great today. I made it to yoga class this morning and I just felt so good while I was there. I can feel myself getting a little stronger and a little more flexible at the same time. It no longer feels right to increase one without the other. Everything I am training my self for physically - strength, flexibility, stillness - I am training my mind for as well. If anyone reads this who hasn't tried yoga...go do it.

Food stuff for today:

breakfast-
coffee
peach
steamed kale w/ onion
scrambled eggs w/chives

peppermint tea

gingersnap granola (just a little bit) on the way home from the store...

lunch-
Leftover lentils
sauteed zucchini w/onion, garlic, & a sprinkle of thyme

small plum and half of a small apricot
a few carrots dipped in hummus
onion chips

dinner-
baby greens salad w/ carrot, cuke, tomato, and italian dressing
homemade pizza made w/ millet & flax (gluten-free) crust, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomato, fresh basil from my garden, garlic and onion powder
1 good beer

Wow that sounds like so much stuff.. Its really not though, atleast in terms of calories. It IS a lot in terms of dishes :/

#6 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

food for today:
coffee
Millet & flax bagel w/organic cream cheese
*green juice (spinach,cuke,parsley,celery,??. I think all organic)
tortilla chips, vegetable hummus
*steamed broccoli (organic!)
tilapia w/crabmeat stuffing :/ (mom made it...)
*few bites of salad
bottled mango acai white tea
hot strawberry green tea + tsp agave nectar
*watermelon
chili and cheese(oatmeal) dip + tortilla chips ( i swear just a little!)
*more steamed broccoli
*sweet potato
steak (very small portion)
*smoothie-banana,PB, ice, cacao

I starred fruits and vegetables, I think I will do that from now on.. Skin is looking pretty crappy. It was kind of irritated when I went to bed last night. Then I went to the beach this morning for only the second time since starting accutane. I didn't burn at all..but after I dunked my whole head in the water my face kind of burnt for the rest of the time I was there. waahhhhh. Going to cover myself in aloe in a few minutes, and possibly some oil once that dries.
To do ---> Buy fish. I was hoping my mom would pick some up, but she only got that stupid farmed tilapia that hardly counts as fish. Also going to pick up some veggies that'd be good to dip in the rest of my hummus, instead of the tortilla chips.

Tomorrows the beginning of my work week...so we'll see how much I make it on here!

#7 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:43 AM

Oh no.. I am embarrassed to post yesterday... I knew I'd probably be too tired at the end of the day to come on here and update. I was also too tired to even cook dinner when I got home... ended up just grabbing random shit that didn't require much work and not eating ANY vegetables. More dairy products than I've had in a while. wah sad.gif sorry body.

Friday:
coffee
*1 plum,
*1 apricot
BB seasoned tuna + crackers
cheddar cheese
strawberry green tea
lentils (leftover from earlier this week, my Indian food experiment..)
plain greek dairy yogurt w/ pumpkin spice granola
chocolate covered peanuts
another BB seasoned tuna + crackers
half a millet and flax bagel + organic cream cheese
cheddar cheese

Also Friday - quick bike ride in the morning (maybe 30 min?). Full sun... skin was red.

Gonna start preparing today's lunch right now.. don't know what I'm taking to work, but there will be veggies!

#8 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

Today:
light stretching/yoga in the morning

coffee
*papaya
green vibrance (made w/ apple juice)
snapper
*beets, onions, coconut oil
dark orange chocolate
*baked acorn squash
plain goat milk yogurt w/ pumpkin spice granola
*carrot + beet juice
piece of fresh fruit bread... gift
dinner at a restaurant: salad, 1 sierra nevada, bacon-wrapped basil-stuffed bbq shrimp, garlic mashed potatoes

I Think I'll wind down with a shower, hot cup of tea, and the rest of a movie I couldn't stay awake to watch last night... oooh I get to use my new patchouli soap in the shower. I just bought it from this guy who made it himself..it has coconut oil, olive oil, and not much else. I think my skin will like it! I know my nose will.

I'm half-way through my work week! I'm going to pick up some fruit and veggies tomorrow. Hoping to try some new stuff, like the lacinato kale, and..... thats all I can think of. I rang up this guys order at work today that was like 98% produce, and it was a huge order. Like 75 dollars worth of kale, collards, chard, apples, pears, plums, oranges, cukes, zukes, tomato, lemon, sprouts, onions, garlic, berries, beets, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, celery, spinach, lettuce, ginger. He must have just got some of everything there is in the produce section. It was so much food for this one skinny guy, who had the most pERFECT skin. No redness, smooth, even-tone, tan. He's only like 25, so of course no wrinkles. But I would bet even when he does approach wrinkle-age he is going to be pretty damn good looking compared to the rest of folks his age. Anyways, he is my inspiration next time I shop.

#9 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

I made it to a new yoga class this evening. It is the most advanced and INTENSE class my studio offers, and holy shit, was it intense. It was 2 hours long, and 10 minutes into it I wasn't sure I'd make it. I went there from work, so I was kinda tired and sore from standing all day when I got there. I am so glad I did though! I just told myself I'd take a break and not do everything if I wasn't up for it, but I ended up doing just about everything. We did a couple things I had never ever done before, and never seen anyone do. Now I have new stuff to do at home. It felt so gooooood. I wish I could get myself to do 2 hours of yoga after work every day... hah. It only happened today cuz we close earlier than weekdays, and I left early on top of that.

todays semi-sad food list:
coffee
*steamed broccoli
*eggs w/ spinach and chives
piece of orange dark chocolate
strawberry green tea w/ tsp agave nectar
yogurt pretzels
white chicken chili
*small side garden salad
*small green juice with LEMON which was a very bad idea...
BB seasoned tuna + crackers
a few triscuits w/ org cream cheese
fathers day dinner: yellow cake w/ choco frosting :/

yikes
not a piece of fruit to speak of...
I'm shooting for a super starred list tomorrow.

I realized I haven't eaten hardly any nuts or seeds since I started this log, so I bought almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds today. I just tried soaked nuts for the first time and they are so much BETTER than the regular raw ones. I also read up on why people soak nuts and seeds in the first place, and from now on I'm going to do it! Starting with the almonds, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds right nowwwwwwww.

Tomorrow is my last regular work day of the week. I'll definitely be trying some new things on my days off. Going to attempt raw key lime pie for sure.

#10 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

Today I ate:
*orange
coffee
strawberry green tea
garden burger over rice
*spinach saute (evoo, onion, garlic, spinach, tomato, mozzarella cheese, S+P)
*steamed mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
Secret garden tea (my favorite)
soaked almonds and pumpkin seeds
peanut butter pretzels
an Emergen-C pack
white chicken chili
salmon
baked potato w/ garlic and sour cream
*banana

I am verrrrrrrrrry excited to try making my own chai almond milk this week! I didn't think my food processor would be high enough powered to do it, but I threw a couple almonds in with some water and it definitely turned milky. Now I just gotta pick up the spices and stuff the recipe calls for and soak more almonds!! Also plan to experiment with buckwheat (raw), and try the lacinato kale.

2 and 1/2 days off starting tomorrow afternoon! ahhhh I can't wait. I am so ready to relax.. and make food haha.

Edited by tree23, 21 June 2010 - 08:40 PM.

#11 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:49 PM

Today is going great! It feels so nice to go shopping at the natural foods store as a customer, and not be working there! Everything I mentioned wanting to try in the previous post ^^ I am ready for. Got the chai spices, the lacinato, and the buckwheat. I read a recipe where you soak buckwheat and with a few other additions turn it into 'oatmeal.' It will be soaking next to almonds tonight hah.

Todays food so far:

coffee
oatmeal w/ground flax
*scrambled eggs w/ chives and spinach
Bottled mango acai white tea
pumpkin spice granola (just a little)
Tulsi apple pear tea w/ honey
*blackberries
*Stuffed red pepper
*stuffing: cous cous, EVOO, onion, garlic, zucchini, herb goat cheese
peppermint tea
strawberry green tea w/ agave
*mini collard wraps: 1 collard leaf, veggie hummus, green onion, few pieces of spinach, and a handful of dry broccoli slaw.
Spoonful of coconut oil
*watermelon
BB spicy thai tuna and crackers

State of my skin: ahhhhhhhhhhh. sdjfhksjhfjksdkfs. It was better 2 weeks ago. Kind of broken out, kind of red, kind of dry now. The dryness is what reminded me to eat my flax. I will try to eat some tuna tomorrow or maybe as a snack later. Actually, maybe a spoonful of coconut oil right now. I don't know! I just know I need some fats. If only I could get one of those giant omega-3 pills down... I know its a blessing I'm not good at taking big pills. It forces me to get most my nutrition from real foods. And saves money smile.gif

edit: went for a shot of coconut oil AND ate a pack of canned tuna.. it was deeelicious.
Also went to a nighttime yoga class... It was damn intense. I've never sweat so much doing yoga. My meditation at the end was pretty amazing too. I wonder if the more intense physical yoga beforehand helped me into the deeper meditation? Idk but I'm ready for more!!

Edited by tree23, 22 June 2010 - 09:02 PM.

#12 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

Chai almond milk is a SUCCESS!! I spent like 2 hours in the kitchen today making it, cleaning up, and turning the leftover pulp into macaroons. If anyone out there is reading, here is the recipe I used:

Soak 1 cup of almonds overnight (approx. 8 hours)
Soak 1/4 cup of dates in the morning before you make it (I only did for 30 min)

In a high powered blender (such as VitaMix), blend the following:
Soaked almonds (rinse well after soaking!)
4 cups cold water
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cardamom
1/4 tsp. black pepper (or 4 black pepper balls)
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup soft dates (soak if needed)
2 tbsp. raw honey
After blending, pour through a nut milk bag. If you don't have a nut milk bag, a really fine strainer works too (press the pulp with a spoon to remove all of the milk).

I do not have a 'high-powered' blender. I have just a regular one from sears or jcpenney... I think thats why my mixture was so thick and not super milky. I spent a long time taking tablespoon by tablespoon, putting it in my mesh strainer, and pressing the milk through with the back of a spoon. When I had done this to all the wet mixture I had made, I had a lot of dry pulp -ish mixture left.

There was no way I was wasting the delicious chai flavored almond mixture so I did this:
Set the oven to 350.
Added just the clear part from 2 eggs and a spoonful of honey.
Put about 15 balls of the mixture on a baking sheet, and sprinkled the tops with (just a little!!!) bit of powdered sugar and cinnamon.
They were in the oven for maybe 20 or 25 minutes.

They seem too soft when you take them out, but once they cool off they hold together fine. You could do without the powdered sugar, but I had to add a little more sweetness if I'm going to get my not-so-health-conscious family to try them smile.gif

#13 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

yesterday..
chai almond milk and maccaroons
BB seasoned tuna and crackers
blackberries
1/2 a glass of riesling
fajitas, refried beans, and rice at mexican restauramt....
I can't remember what I ate in the day time????

anyways, here is today:
coffee
chai almond milk and maccaroons
steamed lacinato kale w/garlic and onions
mixture of strawberry green and blue mango teas w/agave
Green Vibrance drink made w/ apple juice and water
cream havarti cheese and crackers
mojo/caribbean marinated chicken breasts (hormone/antibiotic-free) w/ fresh rosemary
sauteed onion, garlic, yellow squash, lacinato kale, and what little was left of a bag of mixed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots)
Cup of sweet riesling...bleh. should have bought beer!

There must be more.. what am I forgetting??? I didn't think it would be so hard to remember so I stopped writing everything down during the day. I know for sure I ate other things but I have no idea right now what they were. Is the riesling doing this to me?? wacko.gif hah I wish I could drink enough wine to get a buzz. That stuff tastes like shit. and riesling is the LEAST shitty tasting wine to me.

#14 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

I am EXHAUSTED. Just want to get this down:
coffee
mango acai white tea
*pluot
*smoothie w/frozen berries, banana, 2 lacinato kale leaves, spirulina, few tsp OJ, water, tsp raw honey
*black grapes
dark chocolate covered pistachios
cod (cooked in evoo)
*baked butternut squash
*marinated chicken, peas, more butternut squash
*Green juice w/apple and ginger
triscuit sandwiches-triscuits, cream havarti, tomato
*sauteed collards w/onion and garlic
*dinner:leftover chicken, peas and squash from lunch
*watermelon

Lots of stars. Thats what I like! Also should note I am going to use my sample of hyaluronic acid face cream that I got at work today... I haven't been using many products cuz they pretty much all burn. We'll see how this one goes. I hope I don't wake up with a severe burn! smile.gif

edit:I put the face cream on and it didn't sting or burn or turn me red AT ALL! Its too early to get my hopes up..but damn it'd be nice to finally find the perfect moisturizer for me.

Edited by tree23, 25 June 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#15 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Today I had:
coffee
green tea (yogi super anti-oxidant) w/agave
a few pistachio crisps
*leftover fruit salad (blueberries, watermelon, almonds, black grapes)
BB seasons tuna + crackers
Emergen-C
Kashi bar
*baked acorn squash
*baby greens mandarin orange salad w/ginger dressing
some kind of gluten free cookie that looked/tasted like it was mostly made from coconut??
peach oolong tea
*more fruit salad...
*baked broccoli, carrot, and potato
sour cream
one piece of some kind of red meat.. like the size of a half a deck of cards. I didn't like it hah.
green tea (super-antioxidant again)
1 hoegaarden!

I didn't write down everything the last few days, but its been the same kinda stuff. I've been eating fruit salad made with soaked almonds, grapes, watermelon and blueberries ALL weekend. Also been getting my greens from regular kale and lacinato kale. I know I had lots of onion and garlic this weekend...garden burger, fish, yellow squash... just usual stuff.
I went to the regular grocery store today with my mom and stocked up on frozen berries and frozen fish. its gonna be smoothie central in my kitchen these next few days! And if I could remember to actually thaw out the fish every now and then, I'm gonna enjoy eating that too.

Edited by tree23, 28 June 2010 - 10:14 PM.

#16 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

just a quick update-
Yesterday I had my first all day beach day since starting accutane. I was there for like 6 hours, and amazingly did not get (too) sunburned!! I'm a littttle pink, but it isn't any worse than it would normally be. I actually look like I got a tan! The water felt really great too. I think it was good for my skin, and my lips felt a LOT better by the end of the day. The salt water just took all the dry, dead skin right off, and left my lips so smooth and unchapped.

Really really soon I will figure the picture thing out. I just keep wanting to wait, because I know if I do I'll look better. Oh well, I will borrow a camera very soon and get new pics. I found some from march and april where I look pretty shitty. I am so embarrassed of them I don't want to post until I have some better ones to compare to.... my skin is a lot better than a few months ago -very few actives right now
- but the damn red spots keep me from looking any better.

I didn't keep track of food the last two days. I know it included carrot juice, oatmeal, tomato salad, ground flax seed, canned tuna fish, a lot of beer, steamed kale, millet and flax bagel, mexican food, some bad processed foods while I was at the beach.... Overall not too great.

#17 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

Today's diet:
Green Vibrance made w/apple juice and water
coffee
*steamed kale w/ onion and garlic
oatmeal w/ground flax, cacao nibs, and cinnamon
tea- mixture of strawberry green, super-antioxidant green, & secret garden
*seaweed salad
organic chicken fried in EVOO w/marinade, rosemary, thyme, and oregano
*mixed veggies (baked)- organic broccoli, organic carrot, potato
*mixed fruit-grapes and blueberries
chocolate covered pistachios (like 3) and choc. covered strawberries (only 2 or 3)
*green juice w/ apple and ginger
leftover enchilada from mexican restaurant
a few bites of fish (snapper) and peas
2 figs (first time ever eating them!)
a 22oz Magic Hat beer
1/3 scoop Green Vibrance drink made w/apple juice

SO yesterday I left the house in the morning with only my mineral powder on, and today I did it the other way around and only put my foundation on but skipped the mineral powder. I hope to one day soon cut out one of those entirely. Its just such a routine putting on both. I want to be done using make-up as a cover up. I want make-up to be something I put on for FUN, to make myself feel extra-good, not something that just makes me feel not-as-bad. I'd say I'm half-way there. I KNOW the day is going to come when I will be able to leave without makeup and not feel embarassed. I just know it.

This morning I got up at 6:45 a.m. so I could do some stretches, go running, and cook both breakfast and lunch before work. Similar plan for tomorrow, but since I don't work as early I'm looking forward to not seeing 6:45 in the morning. My knee is kind of sore right now.. not sure from what, but I'm going to take it easy and do like an hour of stretches/sitting down exercises for the next couple days with no intense cardio activities.

Wow I'm so tired. Not sure if everything here made sense, but I'm happy I kept up with my diet log today. Tomorrows will be pretty good too. I have nuts and seeds soaking right now for a super nutty seedy berry anti-oxidant trail mix tomorrow!

#18 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

Yesterday diet-wise started out great....but ended..not so great confused.gif

coffee
*grapes and blueberries
*1/3 of a large leftover green juice w/carrot and ginger
*Smoothie- made w/ frozen mixed berries, 2 frozen peach slices, 1/2 a banana, 1.5 kale leaves, tsp raw honey, and water
*lunch: sweet potato w/sour cream
left over chicken and potato from yesterdays lunch (just a little)
*seaweed salad
emergen-c
dried figs
piece of pizza...........................
3 or 4 beers

Edited by tree23, 03 July 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#19 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

This is so weird.. I feel like I'm dooming myself by mentioning it..... But I just can't get over it, can't stop touching my face because...

I have no active acne!!!

My face FEELS so smooth. It is in-fucking-credible.

I haven't updated the last few days because I've been on VACATION... I didn't eat as well as usual, got a lot of sun, wore a lot of sunscreen, jumped back and forth from the beach and the pool all day long. I didn't bring any face washes, and I didn't wear any make-up. I think the pool and ocean were harsh enough on my skin, so I didn't use any soaps.

I don't look as good as my skin feels because I have so much hyperpigmentation. I am so relieved though. I know eventually it will lighten. I'm trying not to get tooo excited because my skin always looks a little better after a beach vacation. I'm sure within a few days of being home, something will pop up. Until then, I am just going to be as damn healthy as I can. Fresh, whole food, plenty of sunshine, exercise, and no stress. biggrin.gif

#20 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

Yesterday's diet:
Green Vibrance made w/ organic strawberry lemonade
coffee
*a few strawberries/grapes
*Steamed kale w/onion and beet greens
2 eggs
*a little trail mix (soaked almonds, filberts, dried berries)
a piece of some dried fruit cake bar thing
Tea mixture of strawberry green and yogi superantioxidant green
*Baked acorn squash
2 falafel balls w/hummus
*vegetable cheese bake
*Carrot juice w/ginger??? I didn't taste the ginger I think they forgot to add it
Then I came home...exhausted.. and found still warm pizza in the refridgerator.
Spoonful or two of fresh made almond butter

The pizza was..a screw up. I'm not killing myself over it though. I think I had been getting a little TOO much fiber so I guess I got a break from that hahaha. I feel like I'm forgetting something, but that covers most of it.

I am making a note to myself to borrow my moms camera today, and I'll take a picture first thing in the morning tomorrow. I know I got some lurkers out there with 300+views... Tomorrow is picture day!! I swear this time!