Photo

What the hell is a liver flush?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 FaLLENANGELVXV

FaLLENANGELVXV

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:08 AM

Hi I have read people who go on some diet to do a "liver flush" what is it?.. and does it work, and how long does it take?.. Can someone who has done it tell me how this diet works??..

#2 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:45 AM

ask jc... he's the flush-MASTER.

here's his regimen log: http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=19884

or just go ahead and google it, c'mon now.

#3 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 07:30 AM

hiya fallen, im in the process of doing my first flush right now, an ill be sure to let you know all the details when i finish it, i persoanlly was very confused by the whole thing, but im hoping for good results- many have seen improvements in acne, how well they heal, an just over all feeling better! smile.gif because basically it just releases toxins that have gotten trapped in the liver
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

#4 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:10 AM

Check out curezone.com . They have so much info on liverflushing. I have done 4 liver flushes and am now taking a break (giving my liver a break) and doing a kidney cleanse. Before a liver flush, you should do bowel cleansing then a few liver flushes then a kidney cleanse and back to more liver flushes. I have done 4 liver flushes and my skin is looking soo much better.

#5 shriek

shriek

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:28 AM

Can I do all these flushes while I am taking Accutane?
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#6 FaLLENANGELVXV

FaLLENANGELVXV

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:39 AM

Hmm I can understand why it would make you generally feel better Lumas, Im going to give it a go as well, sounds fun. lol. And Sad Caroline good luck with it cutie pie awww.

#7 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:03 PM

In my opinion, liverflushes do nothing. They aren't based in any kind of facts that stand up to peer review by the medical community and are just a good placebo since people truly believe they are being "cleansed." I, and others, have said before how the "Stones" you see are simply sloppy products of saponification (soap) that your body makes by the use of the chemicals you use during the flush.

Beyond this, most people probably see results because after the flush, they stop using harsh chemicals thinking the flush has "cured" them. Before doing this, try just stopping the chemicals before hand; for me and some others, the irritants in your facewashes made acne worse.

Just my opinion, though.

#8 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:51 PM

Fallen, its alot of work and is not easy. The first step is to change your diet. No more dairy, white bread, red meat and things that contain hydrogenated oils. When i was changed my diet, it seemed like there were no food choices. After a few months ive learned so much about eating healthy and enjoy the tastes so much more than what i was eating before. The liver flush mixture is kind of nasty to drink. I use to like it, but im starting to really hate the taste of olive pil and grapefruit. It has really cleared alot of people and seems to be doing wonders for me. If you need any help with eating healthy, such as recipes and what foods and snacks to eat just pm me. Good luck.

#9 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Jul 26 2004, 01:50 AM)

Just my opinion, though.

that deserves a frame

#10 Ally

Ally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:53 PM

I did a liver flush abot a month ago and the results were unspectacular, I got about twenty green stones out so it must have done something but drinking the olive oil almost made me feel ill. In fact I feel sick just thinking about it.
Currently recovering from prolonged moderate breakout

Current Regim:
Trying to avoid: Dairy/Sugar/Carbs/Processed Foods/Alcohol/Caffeine
Suplements: zinc/multi-vitamin/fish oil/ACV tablets/vitamin C/B5
Topicals:coconut oil/Jojoba oil/ACV AM and PM, washing with olive oil soap, BP AM and PM
Current status: couple of small angry white heads which is annoying but they clear up pretty quickly, mainly red marks and scars though

#11 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:56 PM

hey bountyhunter, was the olive oil green or yellow, or greenish yellow?

#12 Ally

Ally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:02 PM

Definetly yellow, it was so hard to swallow, it was like someone was strangling you.

If you still want to do one don't be put off!!
Currently recovering from prolonged moderate breakout

Current Regim:
Trying to avoid: Dairy/Sugar/Carbs/Processed Foods/Alcohol/Caffeine
Suplements: zinc/multi-vitamin/fish oil/ACV tablets/vitamin C/B5
Topicals:coconut oil/Jojoba oil/ACV AM and PM, washing with olive oil soap, BP AM and PM
Current status: couple of small angry white heads which is annoying but they clear up pretty quickly, mainly red marks and scars though

#13 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:08 PM

i dont wanna do one... i was just wondering if green olive oil (due to chlorophyll) may have contributed to the green colored stones. that would have supported benkwellers theory of saponification.

#14 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:14 AM

Mhm. But yellow doesn't disprove it. I created soap in High School with a white oil and created green soap. Physical properties of soap are very relying on bases, temperature, and time allowed for saponification.

PS: the "Just my opinion" part is because, by happy coincidence, the moderator of this forum is the world's biggest flush supporter. I've been threatened with banning because I disagree with him.

#15 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Jul 27 2004, 01:01 AM)
PS: the "Just my opinion" part is because, by happy coincidence, the moderator of this forum is the world's biggest flush supporter. I've been threatened with banning because I disagree with him.

nah, you shouldnt be banned :huh: ... you do a good job of keeping everybody on their toes.

you know, instead of bowing down to the mod with "just my opinion", you could actually try posting some scientic literature that supports your argument.

just my opinion though wink.gif