flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 04:32 AM

this webpage has some helpful diet tips:

http://www.althealth.../diets/Acne.php

for example...

By maintaining a higher intake of protein in relation to carbohydrates you reduce the activity of 5 alpha reductase and thus the formation of the more potent DHT.

Use almond butter in place of peanut butter.

Acne and Digestion
Impaired digestion due to low stomach acid and a leaky gut can result in inflammation and allergic acne-like rashes.  A lack of acid in the stomach reduces protein digestion and a more porous gut allows larger undigested food particles to enter the bloodstream. This causes an immune reaction and the body looks upon these undigested food as foreign invaders. The end result is inflammation showing up in different areas of the body including the skin.

^^^this may explain why sadcaroline in another post claimed to prevent acne by avoiding beverages around mealtime.

unfortunately, there are not any references provided so you have to take the info for what its worth.

btw, i plan on getting some whey protein and trying zinc and probiotic supplements. i also plan on looking for some almond butter at the health-food store.

#2 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(flipside @ Jul 25 2004, 03:19 AM)
btw, i plan on getting some whey protein and trying zinc and probiotic supplements.  i also plan on looking for some almond butter at the health-food store.

What benefit does Almond butter have? I know it's an ingredient in a soap bar I use that has worked wonders..

#3 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:33 AM

the almond butter in your soap is probably just the fattty fraction.

i think the site was refering to almond butter as smashed almonds. its probably a good alternative to PB because it has a lower amount of saturated fat.

i already buy the "healthy" PB (adam's 100% natural), which isnt made with hydrogenated oils and does not contain any trans fatty acids. i assume almond butter will cost more and i dont know how it'll taste on a celery stick so i'll just have to see.

you can learn more about the nutrition of almonds here: http://www.almondsarein.com/nutrition/

#4 Joeltp85

Joeltp85

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 09:24 AM

Hi everybody, this is my first post.

Almond butter tastes pretty good actually, flip; not much of a taste difference really. It's best to buy the raw almond butter though, as roasting nuts can damage the fats and oils they contain. Also, almonds are one of, if not the most, healthy nuts on the planet.

Peanuts on the other hand are not healthy at all as they contain 13 different 'mycotoxins' in them. So, I pretty much stay away from peanuts.

But, yeah, almond butter, especially the raw variety, is very expenseive so I don't eat it that often.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users