Photo

My First dermaroll!!!! :D (will keep doing for 1 year)

This topic is archived.
101 replies to this topic

#1 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

wow... i was scared. I used icepack for my face for 30 mins and started rolling! I rolled pretty hard with lots of pressure. It hurted pretty bad but i held it in! I was bleeding like crazy... now it looks like road rash with lots and lots of blood red dotts, its also hurting and i feel my face pulsing with pain! I think i did a good job cool.gif

so.. im going to neosporin for 24 hours and use vitamin C serum, A and D ointment for post care/treatment to force collagen remodeling!

#2 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:50 PM

lol, im in so much pain i didnt even notice i had so much grammatical error on that first post.

#3 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:04 PM

eusa_clap.gif Good luck buddy!

I wish you the best and am keeping you in my prayers smile.gif

#4 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:13 AM

thanks. : D

QUOTE (Sapphire Lily @ Jun 6 2010, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eusa_clap.gif Good luck buddy!

I wish you the best and am keeping you in my prayers smile.gif

#5 Durbaniter~Zitigated

Durbaniter~Zitigated

Howzit, My name is JJ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Sport (Rugby &amp; Cricket fan)<br />Gpc <br />Gaming fanattic<br />Art, litrature and Historical facts<br />Motor Cross Racing<br />Reading <br />Movies ~Thrillers, Action/Adventure genres and Horrors!~<br />Shooting the Breeze<br />&amp;<br />Just your run of the mill day to day activities that keep you amused for a couple hours.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (chee6119 @ Jun 7 2010, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow... i was scared. I used icepack for my face for 30 mins and started rolling! I rolled pretty hard with lots of pressure. It hurted pretty bad but i held it in! I was bleeding like crazy... now it looks like road rash with lots and lots of blood red dotts, its also hurting and i feel my face pulsing with pain! I think i did a good job cool.gif

saywhat.gif

The Torture in that made me cringe! eusa_eh.gif
You're a Brave guy, I'll give you that. wink.gif Be careful though!.

so.. im going to neosporin for 24 hours and use vitamin C serum, A and D ointment for post care/treatment to force collagen remodeling!

Same as what Sapphire said, Good Luck
and Happy Skin Healing Bud!
(I think this applies here)

Words have Great Power!
The Power to Create and Destroy , Inspire and Depress/ Discourage
So the next time you're about to comment on the way someone looks,
Think about the impact it will have on that person. Be careful what you say and how you say it.

Remember;
True beauty comes from deep within, shining outwardly So wear your best smile each day for all the world to see.
My favourite inspired quotes;
It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.

Anne Frank

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Winston Churchill
Great and good are seldom the same man.

This quote below, to Me is very inspiring and thought provoking.

Faith is but a stepping stone yet to be unearthed, Hope is never giving up, even when faced with great adversity ~Faithfully anonymous~

#6 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:35 AM

thanks! no pain, no gain.... I hope. lol

#7 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:29 AM

so its day 2! face is still super red with some dotted blood on it; still looks pretty much like my face got track marks on it, but less than the initial day. My face is super smooth right now when i look at it from harsh lighting; pretty much scar-free! but of course... its due too microswelling. We'll see how it looks later on : D.

(i should of done this rolling thing a long time ago)

#8 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:16 AM

chee6119, what size roller are you using? What kind of scaring are you dealing with?

#9 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (munsoned @ Jun 8 2010, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chee6119, what size roller are you using? What kind of scaring are you dealing with?

He's using a 1.5mm dermaroller and has boxcar scars and about 3 shallow rolling scars. Just thought I'd answer since I knew : P He's currently out of town for a couple of days.

#10 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

hello! today is day 4 still red/pinkish! so far so good! the only thing that is weird/negative is that my skin is a bit rougher right how. If you rub your hands gently across your rolled skin, its a bit rougher than your normal non-rolled skin (not sure If I explained this in a clear way, lol). My guess is that its still healing/remodeling and also micro scabs from puncture wounds? Oh wells, I rather have a rougher face with no scars I suppose : D.

hmm... i think i rolled very hard; its day 4 and Its still awfully red.

Thanks for answering my question, Lily! razz.gif

#11 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (chee6119 @ Jun 9 2010, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello! today is day 4 still red/pinkish! so far so good! the only thing that is weird/negative is that my skin is a bit rougher right how. If you rub your hands gently across your rolled skin, its a bit rougher than your normal non-rolled skin (not sure If I explained this in a clear way, lol). My guess is that its still healing/remodeling and also micro scabs from puncture wounds? Oh wells, I rather have a rougher face with no scars I suppose : D.

hmm... i think i rolled very hard; its day 4 and Its still awfully red.

Thanks for answering my question, Lily! razz.gif

woops... I meant- Thanks for answering his question for me, Lily!

#12 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:19 PM

oh yeah! I also have 2-3 teeny tiny pimples on the rolled areas... i think its due to the A and D ointment since its made with vaseline type of stuff. My guess is that its clogging my poors so I'll be on my antibiotic meds to hopefully counter that : ).

#13 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

day 5

the color is light pink now and i can see the needle marks if i stare closely at my face. Are the marks going to go away eventually? i hope so.. : /. Aside from that, scars are pretty much gone (at least for now)! the hyperpigmentation from the acne scars are still there but much lighter as well! : D

#14 keviinx09

keviinx09

Hey Gorgeous !.. I I I Mean FLAWLESS ;D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (chee6119 @ Jun 10 2010, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
day 5

the color is light pink now and i can see the needle marks if i stare closely at my face. Are the marks going to go away eventually? i hope so.. : /. Aside from that, scars are pretty much gone (at least for now)! the hyperpigmentation from the acne scars are still there but much lighter as well! : D

why not post pics of your progress? (:
"People are gonna talk about you, because they envy you, and the life you live. Let them, because you affected their lives. They didn't affect yours." JD.

#15 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (keviinx09 @ Jun 10 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chee6119 @ Jun 10 2010, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
day 5

why not post pics of your progress? (:

Agreed eusa_boohoo.gif

#16 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:16 AM

i might post pics : p. I feel self concious but i know i shouldnt... we'll see...

day 6

skin color finally came back! woohoo! although skin color is pretty much normal, my texture of my skin is rough now-definitely not smooth. its hard to put percentage on my scar but i would say 60-70%. If i stare closely at my scar i can see that its still a bit dented in but definitely not as bad as before! : )

#17 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:17 AM

hmmm... just washed my face and some skin fell off and left some parts bright pink. I realized the "rough" part I was talking about are actually scabs!!! #$%$#@@. So if you guys roll, be sure to not wash your face too harshly, in fact... be as gentle as possible; do not even use any strong cleanser. After gentle wash, just apply your post treatment-C serum, leave it on for 10 mins and then apply moisturizer or ointment.

#18 keviinx09

keviinx09

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (chee6119 @ Jun 12 2010, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmmm... just washed my face and some skin fell off and left some parts bright pink. I realized the "rough" part I was talking about are actually scabs!!! #$%$#@@. So if you guys roll, be sure to not wash your face too harshly, in fact... be as gentle as possible; do not even use any strong cleanser. After gentle wash, just apply your post treatment-C serum, leave it on for 10 mins and then apply moisturizer or ointment.

Some skin fell offf?? 0_0 WHATTT?? thats pretty scaryyyy? Do you still have the marks from the rolling u mentioned beforeee???

& u shouldd DEFFFF... post pics come on dudee we all wanna see .. ur helping people in here 2 ! but noww thas up to u it will be very helpfull! anywayss take caree.
"People are gonna talk about you, because they envy you, and the life you live. Let them, because you affected their lives. They didn't affect yours." JD.

#19 keviinx09

keviinx09

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:14 PM

what kind of cleanser are u using btww?

#20 mooboo119

mooboo119

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

on normal basis, I usually use sodium sulfacetamide 10% (prescribed by derm). But for post dermaroll- I use cetaphil cleanser since its not too harsh on skin. After you start having rough skin/scabs from rolling (usually start occuring 2-3 days after roll), be sure to just let the dead skin/scab fall off by itself. Your skin will be very itchy after for couple of days after you roll, just dont scratch it or anything either.