I need some healthy chips, which ones though???
Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:30 PM
P.D. I have bought some chips from Trader Joe's which are made of organic white corn witha trace of lime, organic sunflower oil, and sea salt. What do you guys think of it????
Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:41 PM
Others feel that almost any form of carbs can aggravate acne, so in this case whatever sort of chips you use made from ordinary potato, they are going to be bad for you.
I don't feel this way, though, and have chips regularly which have been thick cut from normal potatoes and then BAKED for 45 mins at 200 degrees C in extra virgin olive oil.
I also LOVE sweet potato chips. Sweet potatoes are generally better for you than ordinary potatoes, and contain large amounts of vitamin E and beta carotene - two nutrients that can help with acne. I make them in the same way as the ordinary potato chips.
Here's a good recipe link: http://vegweb.com/fo...s/snack12.shtml
And here's a google search with plenty of recipe sites you can peruse! http://www.google.co...otato chips&X=1
If you DO want to avoid carbs, then you could go with PARSNIP chips, which are made in the same way, but with parsnip, which is a vegetable much lower in carbs than sweet potato or ordinary potato.
Hope this is helpful.
Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:45 PM
Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:13 PM
Also, if you visit your healthfood store you will find a plethora of organic chips, and crackers that you can consume. Kettle Chips, Poore Brothers (uses cottonseed oil), and Terra are some good brands. Also there are several brands that sell corn or tortilla style chips and veggie chips. The veggie chips are either made with dehydrated vegetables or they are flavored potato-type chips.
Me personally, I have no problems with fried oils via chips, etc, as long as they aren't FRIED Hydrogenated oils or regular hydrogenated oils. If I consume those types of fried fats (several days in a row), my pores become large, fill with black stuff, and stay this way for almost 2 weeks.
Right now, I haven't touched knowingly hydrogenated oils, and so my pores are rather small, but I'm about to eat my favorite flavored non-battered chicken wings (Wing It). I believe these are either baked or fried (must ask them) and my mom ordered fries, but I ordered 2 orders of veggie sticks to resist the temptation of the fries.
Wish me luck ;-)
Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.
Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.
Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.
Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:25 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users