Photo

A handful of carrots a day keeps the dermatologist away.

vitamin vitamins vitamin a

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 kristen2010

kristen2010

Hakuna Matata

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:21 AM

I've been making some very positive changes in my lifestyle lately. One of those changes is my diet. It just needed some tweaking, and I have really seen a big difference. I truly believe in working from the inside out! Anyway, I found a wonderful article on carrots and acne, on www.quickacneremedy.com and I thought I'd share!

We encounter many types of skin problems in our life and acne is one of them. WE can cure acne by taking healthy food. If we include fruits and vegetables more in our diet, definitely our skin gets better as fruits and vegetables are rich in minerals, vitamins and nutrients that build our blood, tissue, bones and cells. It is mineral that keep you body pH at required level.

It is minerals that keep your body alkaline by neutralizing body acids. Concentrate on putting minerals into your body by eating and drinking plenty of fruits and vegetables.

As we know that carrot is very good for our health. You can take carrot as a food, juice and can use it as mask for your skin. It does not only make your skin better it also helps eliminate acne. It contains a lot of glucose, salt of potassium, cobalt, iron, copper, iodine. Carrot is valued highly because of its pro vitamin A (carotene). But it also it has many other vitamins like C, D, K, E and vitamins of group B.
As a juice, carrot is a excellent blood cleanser and helps to clear and beautify the skin. Being an alkalizer, it helps to clear acidic conditions in the body. One of the toxic conditions that cause acne is known as acidosis. Cucumber juice assists carrot juice in expulsing of toxins, salt, and excess water. When your water tension is released, the pressure on the skin cells is also released which was causing pressure on your pores and making them closeup. Together, carrot and cucumber juice mixed and drunk several times a day are an excellent weapon against acne. Another good juice that can be mixed with carrot juice is spinach. Spinach juice is one of the best for cleaning out the intestinal tract of toxic waste. Spinach juice taken on it's own has a rather strong flavor which is why it is usually mixed with other vegetables such as carrots.
It as an effective way for body cleansing and an effective cure for acne. Carrots are rich in potassium. Potassium deficiencies are very bad for your body, with such effects as hypokalemia, acne, muscle spasms, dry skin, and elevated cholesterol levels. Carrots juiced with celery, or turnips can provide your body with a large intake level of potassium. It should be known that individuals who suffer from kidney disease, should avoid taking in large amounts of potassium, as it can be very harmful on the organs.

Carotenes, the famous ingredient in carrots, is an anti-oxidant that has powerful healing virtues for many diseases and it is essential for healthy skin. Please remember that too much Beta-Carotene can cause the skin to develop a slight orange hue. If this occurs only consume carrot juice once every two days. Excess intake of carrot can be harmful as it has a high content of sugar. If you have a diabetes then avoid too much carrots consumption. You can use carrots as a skin mask too. You can make different types of masks according to you skin type.

If you want to read more articles on acne, you can find them here http://www.quickacne.../acne-articles/

Edited by kristen2010, 01 June 2010 - 11:14 PM.

#2 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (kristen2010 @ Jun 1 2010, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been making some very positive changes in my lifestyle lately. One of those changes is my diet. It just needed some tweaking, and I have really seen a big difference. I truly believe in working from the inside out! Anyway, I found a wonderful article on carrots and acne, on www.quickacneremedy.com and I thought I'd share!

We encounter many types of skin problems in our life and acne is one of them. WE can cure acne by taking healthy food. If we include fruits and vegetables more in our diet, definitely our skin gets better as fruits and vegetables are rich in minerals, vitamins and nutrients that build our blood, tissue, bones and cells. It is mineral that keep you body pH at required level.

It is minerals that keep your body alkaline by neutralizing body acids. Concentrate on putting minerals into your body by eating and drinking plenty of fruits and vegetables.

As we know that carrot is very good for our health. You can take carrot as a food, juice and can use it as mask for your skin. It does not only make your skin better it also helps eliminate acne. It contains a lot of glucose, salt of potassium, cobalt, iron, copper, iodine. Carrot is valued highly because of its pro vitamin A (carotene). But it also it has many other vitamins like C, D, K, E and vitamins of group B.
As a juice, carrot is a excellent blood cleanser and helps to clear and beautify the skin. Being an alkalizer, it helps to clear acidic conditions in the body. One of the toxic conditions that cause acne is known as acidosis. Cucumber juice assists carrot juice in expulsing of toxins, salt, and excess water. When your water tension is released, the pressure on the skin cells is also released which was causing pressure on your pores and making them closeup. Together, carrot and cucumber juice mixed and drunk several times a day are an excellent weapon against acne. Another good juice that can be mixed with carrot juice is spinach. Spinach juice is one of the best for cleaning out the intestinal tract of toxic waste. Spinach juice taken on it's own has a rather strong flavor which is why it is usually mixed with other vegetables such as carrots.
It as an effective way for body cleansing and an effective cure for acne. Carrots are rich in potassium. Potassium deficiencies are very bad for your body, with such effects as hypokalemia, acne, muscle spasms, dry skin, and elevated cholesterol levels. Carrots juiced with celery, or turnips can provide your body with a large intake level of potassium. It should be known that individuals who suffer from kidney disease, should avoid taking in large amounts of potassium, as it can be very harmful on the organs.

Carotenes, the famous ingredient in carrots, is an anti-oxidant that has powerful healing virtues for many diseases and it is essential for healthy skin. Please remember that too much Beta-Carotene can cause the skin to develop a slight orange hue. If this occurs only consume carrot juice once every two days. Excess intake of carrot can be harmful as it has a high content of sugar. If you have a diabetes then avoid too much carrots consumption. You can use carrots as a skin mask too. You can make different types of masks according to you skin type.

If you want to read more articles on acne, you can find them here http://www.quickacne.../acne-articles/

Interesting. I always knew carrots were good for you because is loaded with vitamin A. I am considering trying the carrots juice. I will make my own. ^^

Edited by EddieE, 01 June 2010 - 08:57 AM.

#3 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

I always forget how much I like carrots until they are in front of me. I want some carrot juice now... speakin of carrot juice. Has anyone tried mixing carrot with some other veggies juice-wise? I was thinking of trying carrot+beet juice, mainly because the colors would go well together. Maybe carrot+beet+a tiny tiny bit of ginger?? I don't know.. but I'm gonna try something new tomorrow!

#4 gMARIAs

gMARIAs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

It's a shame I despite plain ol' carrots. I keep trying to convince myself that they're tasty enough just to add more variety to my diet, but it just isn't working. I can typically eat them IN things, like shredded carrots in salad, but aside from that - they make me gag.

I binged on carrots when I was 8 and ended up vomiting from it. Haven't had much love for carrots since.

#5 kristen2010

kristen2010

Hakuna Matata

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (tree23 @ Jun 1 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always forget how much I like carrots until they are in front of me. I want some carrot juice now... speakin of carrot juice. Has anyone tried mixing carrot with some other veggies juice-wise? I was thinking of trying carrot+beet juice, mainly because the colors would go well together. Maybe carrot+beet+a tiny tiny bit of ginger?? I don't know.. but I'm gonna try something new tomorrow!

YUM! You should try that! I made a pretty good broccoli & carrot juice today...A little gritty, but super good for you smile.gif The things we do for good skin, haha

#6 Drizzler

Drizzler

Man of the Mountains

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (gMARIAs @ Jun 1 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a shame I despite plain ol' carrots. I keep trying to convince myself that they're tasty enough just to add more variety to my diet, but it just isn't working. I can typically eat them IN things, like shredded carrots in salad, but aside from that - they make me gag.

I binged on carrots when I was 8 and ended up vomiting from it. Haven't had much love for carrots since.

Interesting. I love raw carrots... I could easily down a big bag of baby carrots no prob. You may be in luck though... cooked carrots may well even be more nutritious.

How do people feel about cooked carrots? Carrot soup is bomb... once they're cooked, you can basically treat them like sweet potatoes or any starchy root vegetable.

#7 camcorder

camcorder

Cam-ronronron.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:29 PM

It's all the vitamin A, isn't it?
Like.
Isn't that what Accutane is?
Pumped up vitamin A?

#8 kristen2010

kristen2010

Hakuna Matata

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (camcorder @ Jun 1 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like.
Pumped up vitamin A?

Yeah, but without the possible harmful side effects. It's always better for your body to get vitamins and minerals the natural way. Amen?

Edited by kristen2010, 01 June 2010 - 11:12 PM.

#9 kristen2010

kristen2010

Hakuna Matata

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Drizzler @ Jun 1 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. I love raw carrots... I could easily down a big bag of baby carrots no prob. You may be in luck though... cooked carrots may well even be more nutritious.

How do people feel about cooked carrots? Carrot soup is bomb... once they're cooked, you can basically treat them like sweet potatoes or any starchy root vegetable.

Oh yum, I love cooked carrots. Absolutely. I love most veggies in general.

#10 Alex_09

Alex_09

Bleh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (tree23 @ Jun 1 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drank some carrot juice today lol. Carrot juice with a little bit of orange juice (from fresh oranges) tastes good. Better than spinach juice anyways lol.gif

I love my cooked carrots in soup - yum!

Edited by Alex_09, 01 June 2010 - 11:26 PM.

#11 kristen2010

kristen2010

Hakuna Matata

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Alex_09 @ Jun 2 2010, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tree23 @ Jun 1 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drank some carrot juice today lol. Carrot juice with a little bit of orange juice (from fresh oranges) tastes good. Better than spinach juice anyways lol.gif

I love my cooked carrots in soup - yum!

Haha, well I love spinach.

Anyway, that sounds delicious. Yummy, healthy juice is the best!

boogie.gif

#12 TheScorpS

TheScorpS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:11 AM

am writing this reply and am consuming a big carrot and rose hip + hisbicus tea, now this is health and healthy food, keep going

#13 butterflys & illusions

butterflys & illusions

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:15 AM

I LOVE carrotts... I eat them everyday! I too can eat a bag of baby carrotts no problem, they are like the equivalent to chips in my life... you see some person with their bag of chips chowing down, you see me with my baby carrotts! LOL.. okay no, i'm not that bad, but I do count and set out the number I allow myself to eat bcus otherwise its easy to eat one too many! But yes they are deffinetly apart of my orange food love... you heard me right! I make sure I get atleast 2 servings of orange veggies/fruits in daily for the vitamin a and all the other goodness. So daily I eat- baby carrotts, and of course my other love.. canteloupe, YUM! Another addicting orange food! Oh- dont forget sweetpotatoes too! I LOVE them as well and eat them frequently!!

Oh and Drizzler I had no idea carrotts were more nutritious cooked! I actually thought the opposite so I try to avoid cooking them, although I have to say I like carrots just as much either way, raw or cooked! So I'm going to start cooking my carrotts more often! thanks!

Edited by butterflys & illusions, 02 June 2010 - 02:19 AM.

#14 TheScorpS

TheScorpS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:35 AM

you should add veggies and fruit in you meals and snacks

#15 Guest_Scarlett Skies_*

Guest_Scarlett Skies_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (butterflys & illusions @ Jun 2 2010, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I LOVE carrotts... I eat them everyday! I too can eat a bag of baby carrotts no problem, they are like the equivalent to chips in my life... you see some person with their bag of chips chowing down, you see me with my baby carrotts! LOL.. okay no, i'm not that bad, but I do count and set out the number I allow myself to eat bcus otherwise its easy to eat one too many! But yes they are deffinetly apart of my orange food love... you heard me right! I make sure I get atleast 2 servings of orange veggies/fruits in daily for the vitamin a and all the other goodness. So daily I eat- baby carrotts, and of course my other love.. canteloupe, YUM! Another addicting orange food! Oh- dont forget sweetpotatoes too! I LOVE them as well and eat them frequently!!

Oh and Drizzler I had no idea carrotts were more nutritious cooked! I actually thought the opposite so I try to avoid cooking them, although I have to say I like carrots just as much either way, raw or cooked! So I'm going to start cooking my carrotts more often! thanks!

I'm weary of baby carrots. Since the skin is removed they are dipped in a chlorine solution to stop them from turning white and to keep them looking fresh and new. It's supposedly not good for you so I just buy regular carrots and peel them myself.

#16 genuine

genuine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

This is spot on!!!

I remember a few years back, I started to eat healthier (e.g. wholewheat bread, brown rice etc.), however I didn't include any fruit or veg (initially that is).

As soon as I started to have some carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes with EACH meal, I noticed a difference STRAIGHTAWAY!

At first I thought it may be a coincidence, so I stopped the above "salad" and I saw after a day or two how my skin started to get bad again.

I continued with the above combination of salad and actually realised the benefit was definitely as a result of the veg.

All this was 5 years ago, now I am totally acne free and I am so happy!!! (though if I eat naughty I do still get a few spots here and there, but I have learned the hard way - through 6 years of hard study and research and testing how my body works).

I've come back to this forum as I owe a lot of knowledge and help to the people that were here back then.

#17 gMARIAs

gMARIAs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Drizzler @ Jun 1 2010, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cooked carrots gross me out even more.

There are 2 cooked veggies that make me gag - carrots and tomatoes. The texture just grosses me out.

I've tried really hard to eat carrots though. It just creates too much of a desire to vomit, though.

#18 kristen2010

kristen2010

Hakuna Matata

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (TheScorpS @ Jun 2 2010, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
am writing this reply and am consuming a big carrot and rose hip + hisbicus tea, now this is health and healthy food, keep going

That sounds delish!! Keep it up smile.gif

#19 camcorder

camcorder

Cam-ronronron.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (kristen2010 @ Jun 2 2010, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (camcorder @ Jun 1 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like.
Pumped up vitamin A?

Yeah, but without the possible harmful side effects. It's always better for your body to get vitamins and minerals the natural way. Amen?

Oh, most def.
I was just chipping into why the carrots might be helpful.

When I go off accutane, I might look into increasing my carrot intake haha.
When it's all out of my system, of course.

#20 bennyb

bennyb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

don't carrots have a pretty high GI? Isn't that bad for some peeps?