Photo

Death Blow to Diet Theories...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 FaLLeNANGEL_XVX

FaLLeNANGEL_XVX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:39 AM

I allways think Diet does help to a sense but it also brings out even stronger pimples.. (its as if when you get fit pimples get fit too) well thats how it was for me.. and I see books about diets for pimples, like Leo Keising has written a book about how internal organs play a part and is selling a book on how to cure ur acne by "fixing your hormone river" or whatever, if you were like me then you would have said "nice one retard"...

Now the deathblow.. now people that drink alchahol, their skin gets so nice?.. have you ever seen men drinking beer, their face suddenly goes clearer.. I know everytime I drank alot and got drunk, the next day my face looked way better and absolutely no oil!!!

As I sober up, the oil slowly returns!!??

Now how can that be when ALCHAHOL IS BAD FOR THE LIVER???

go on work that out!!

Someone got an answer why alchahol cures acne (well doesnt cure it but it makes an incredible improvement)

Btw I dont drink anymore, but when I did, I looked preety.and my confidence sky rockets.

#2 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:16 AM

it may be the yeast. alcohol is yeasty, as is vinegar. an its known that vinegar taken internally is great for acne, so that could possibly mean the yeast in the alchol is working like the yeast in vinegar. an by that i mean indirectly helping PH levels.(vinegar does this, an i think thats could be wahts going on on your case)

#3 Chloe646

Chloe646

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:21 AM

Yeast is also rich in b vitamins all good for the skin>but maybe it's cause when you look at yourself the following day you're too hung over to focus :lol:

#4 FaLLeNANGEL_XVX

FaLLeNANGEL_XVX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:26 AM

Yeh yeast is good for acne, also when I eat oily stuff like chips or stuff, I immediately feel oil on my face.. there are so many variables when dealing with acne.

By the way I dont reccomend drinking alchahol to high levels, its not healthy.

#5 FaLLeNANGEL_XVX

FaLLeNANGEL_XVX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:29 AM

Lol hangover,nah seriously there is a difference, I really gotta post pics up when I get drunk and when I was sober, YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE IT. infact Im gonna do this now!! and show you how alchahol cures acne.

#6 torbosk

torbosk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:31 AM

Hahahaha, this is your "death blow to the diet theory"????
You must be making a joke right????
Maybe you think your face looks better on alcohol because you're seeing a bit blurry????? Alcohol stresses your liver and the amount of fat in your blood stream rises. (this is clinically proven)
Personnally i don't think alcohol affects my acne seriously, but a lot of people say it does, i even know someone who has perfect skin but he says too much alcohol will give him some spots.

In reality things aren't black/white and there is some complex chemistry going on. Alcohol stimulates the E1 Prostaglandin series, and counters the bad E2 Prostaglandins. So, you might get less inflammation.
It's quite complex and i'm not the expert on the subject, but i think alcohol has more negative than positive side effects.

Ah, and i don't follow Kiesen or anyone else, i just know that a healthy diet is good for you and for your skin. For example, high sugar intake-->more insulin production --> more sebum production and inflammation. (clinically proven)
This is a very simple example how food can worsen your acne.

#7 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:58 AM

Ha. This really isn't a death blow, or anything else, to diet theory.

#8 FaLLeNANGEL_XVX

FaLLeNANGEL_XVX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:59 AM

I totally agree and think exactly like you do, even 1 apple a day gives my skin a nice feeling, as soon as I eat fat foods like chips from take away, I start feeling oil immediately.

I was just saying that in my old days when I drank and partied, it did make a difference. and I didnt understand why cos technically it should make it worst as it should stress the liver, but it didnt.

My acne killing combination..

No breakfast (i wake up to late and have to rush usually to work or uni)
Tomato salad bread at lunch
1 500mg vitamin b5 tablet / wash face with aloe vera hand wash wipe face with towel (yes I carry a towel in my bag.)
Hi energy excersize afternoon
Eat whatever my mums cooked for me at night lol

I dont get one pimple doing this, but the scars are healing slowly.

#9 jimmyh

jimmyh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:42 AM

everyone is different. when i drink a lot of alcohol i can lmost guarantee that i'll break out the next day.

#10 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(sadcaroline @ Jul 23 2004, 04:03 AM)
it may be the yeast. alcohol is yeasty, as is vinegar. an its known that vinegar taken internally is great for acne, so that could possibly mean the yeast in the alchol is working like the yeast in vinegar. an by that i mean  indirectly helping PH levels.(vinegar does this, an i think thats could be wahts going on on your case)

Hi caroline, hows the water trick going wink.gif

How does Vinegar help the bodies PH scale. Im curious because i thought the body if anything was to acidic which doesn't help our acne. Veg and fruits are in need to balance the acid alkaline scale. I would guess vinegar is acidic, so how does it help as such smile.gif

S

#11 headswapop

headswapop

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:20 AM

With jimmyh on this one - heavy night on it - wait 48 hrs and hey presto loads of bloody spots. wish alcohol was the answer though, now there is a cure we could all enjoy wink.gif

#12 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:11 AM

Hey, great title. It made people "look" so I'll give you props for that ;-)

#13 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:12 PM

hi stuuuuuuuuuu smile.gif actually im doing awesome on this water thing *tries not to jinx things* it is consistently keeping me 99% clear, with the 1% left being about 3 pimples about the size of the end of a ball point pen, that are usually found on my forehead. they are so tiny i usually have to be right in front of a miror to see them.. but im a perfectionist, im going to be VERY strict about my diet, do liver flushes, colonics, take probiotics, an EFA's.. this combination i think over the next month or 2 should get me 100% clear.. but definitely the water thing keeps me easily 99% clear.. an my skin is looking better everyday, because when my acne finally clears up, my red marks an scarring actually get a real chance to heal up.. but now im looking into scar treatments.. oh an the vinegar.. im really not sure about the PH thing..lol.. but i know when used externally it balances the PH in skin.. so i assumed it did that to the internal body, but i think its the yeast, an the b vits in the yeast that helps, as chloe stated smile.gif

#14 Mdawg202

Mdawg202

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:15 PM

r u sure not just drunk and think u have clear skin?

#15 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:36 PM

umm whenever i drink i get cysts on my back..

people are different

#16 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:21 PM

It could help by virtue of it being a diuretic, but it is bad for you long term.

#17 FaLLeNANGEL_XVX

FaLLeNANGEL_XVX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:22 PM

Alchahol sucks, gets you confident and then you wake up the next day feeling stupid cos you know that you were "some guy with shitty skin bein confident around ppl" offcourse you cant back it up when your sober.

Acne is nice.. I allways fell in love with girls who have acne, I tried to talk to them and get to know them, offcourse acne women have triple standards they dont like guys with acne. they look at me as if they dont suffer the same disease. dogs.

Women are evil and scheemers, but there has to be one that is an angel. all my 25 year life I have looked for this angel, but they are all evil.

#18 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:38 PM

I saw your pic and you are really good looking and don't look like you have bad skin now.

All Women aren't evil. You just haven't met the right one yet.

Also, maybe they can sense your hateful attitude towards them....just a thought.

#19 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:58 PM

LOL! The last time Mike and I were in Chinatown, I was buying a hat (black, w/ white Kanji in back; the shape was really, really flattering on me). MIke asked what it said. It says "Love" btw. Mike said to the guy that it should say "evil". LOL. I agreed that I'd rather have a hat saying evil. He commented that earlier in the weekend at the convention (we stopped in at his local shop) people seemed to not want to buy clothes with those words on them (peace, love, etc). We helped him make a list of what sayings would sell faster. =) Next year, I should be able to buy my "evil" hat. Actually, Mikee said he'd buy it for me. B)