Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANYONE using MINOCYCLINE?

57 posts in this topic

SO.

I just went to my derm today, and I was instructed to stay on Differin.

But since it's not working alone, he prescribed MINOCYCLINE 100mg.

I am suppose to take this once a day.

and then he also gave me this face wash called "Clenia Foaming Wash"

Anyone have ANY advice on minocycline?

I've read reviews on here and a few board posts.. but I just don't know if I should start it.

Is it safe to be in the sun with minocycline (with sunscreen of course!)??

Does this antibiotic ONLY work at first?

How long until you start seeing results?

washing with water, jojoba oil, or a mild cleanser.

mask whenever i feel like it (like 2x a month).

vitamin when i remember.

eating dairy-free for 2 months (trying).

just got off monocycline. life is a lil rough right now, but no one would understand.

OH. number one thing you must know about me. Jesus is my life.

sadly i'm fighting off vanity right now, how pathetic of me.

I have been using Minocycline for 3 months now. I take a 50mg twice a day.. It took about 8 weeks to start really working.. I am about 98% clear.. The only side effect I have was my skin gets itchy all over. U have to be very careful in the sun.. I use a 60 sunscreen. I also have rosacea. Minocycline works great for acne but does nothing for my rosacea. Good luck

I am about 98% clear..

WWHOA!!

I was thinking about tossing this aside, but mann! that amazing!!!!! :o

I may try this after I get back from summer camp then!!

I don't want the sun to screw my skin up more than it needs to by taking these pills now :P

Thanks for the response!! (:

vitamin when i remember.

just got off monocycline. life is a lil rough right now, but no one would understand.

I'm on Solodyn (which is the extended release Minocycline) I have been on it for a month and I didn't start seeing improvement till the third week! So be patient. Now I feel everyday it gets better and better and people are starting to notice =) I went out in the sun for an hour and I got burnt (not my face I was using sunscreen). It's different for everyone though.. .my friend takes the minocycline and it actually helps her tan! & her sister too.

Morning

-Wash face w/ Ovace (sulfer wash)

-65mg Solodyn around 2pm

-1 fish oil pill around 7am

Night

-Wash face w/ Ovace (sulfer wash)

-Wait 30 minutes to apply Atralin gel

- 1 fish oil pill around 7pm

-Multi vitamin

Diet

No junk food! (suger)

No dairy!

Drink a ton of water!

On my expirence alone. Minocycline will get rid of spots but i still break out but not as bad what so ever. I don't know about you but also apart from spots i have alot of redish skin my doctor says it is just inflamed skin. Minocycline won't help this. If you just have spots but normal skin otherwise minocycline will GREATLY help you

Also watch out for your cheeks starting to flush like crazy on this as many people have reported ( long term effect ) - damn you minocycline :(

And also i have started to sweat way more while taking this but everyones different and i hope it works out for you.

Good luck

I don't know about you but also apart from spots i have alot of redish skin my doctor says it is just inflamed skin. Minocycline won't help this. If you just have spots but normal skin otherwise minocycline will GREATLY help you

Also watch out for your cheeks starting to flush like crazy on this as many people have reported ( long term effect ) - damn you minocycline :(

I do have some inflamed skin, but it's just the parts around my acne.

If my scars and redness would just go away I would be a happy camper.

My acnes pretty bad, but I could live with that alone =p

My cheeks flushed a lot when I was on retin-a+tetracycline, so it may have been the oral antibiotic there too, but it went away after about 4 weeks for tertacycline/

I've decided I'm trying it today.

At 4pm, wish me luck :X

vitamin when i remember.

Minocycline is supposed to have a anti inflammatory effect but i just didn't notice that.

By the way my cheeks are constantly red now ( flushing ) since using minocycline and im thinking of stopping the meds. It took 4 months for your flushing to go you say ? :/

haha! XD

i meant four weeks

i edited it :P

vitamin when i remember.

Only when I was under extreme temperatures, like at work if I went into the freezer or got into the 'hot box' my face would flush for about 10 mins or so.. annoying but I can deal. I think I'm going to be a little more sensitive to the sun, so I might only take mino. every other day.

..also if i got stressed or 10 mins after I washed my face it would be sort of flushed

vitamin when i remember.

Aw ok mines constantly flushed now like some people have naturally flushed cheeks all the time i don't but anyways good luck wit minocycline it takes a while to see results

AHHHHHHHH.

i just took my second pill

mannnn! I really hope this doesn't make it worse

i don't know if i can handle anymore acne

just make it go awayy!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

vitamin when i remember.

:( im breaking out really bad at the moment too it sucks. Minocycline will help it wont make it worse heck it could even clear your completely :D Just give it time, i hate waiting as much as you do but there is nothing else we can do.

:( im breaking out really bad at the moment too it sucks. Minocycline will help it wont make it worse heck it could even clear your completely :D Just give it time, i hate waiting as much as you do but there is nothing else we can do.

wow. thanks (:

your post seriously made my day.

my acne has decreased a lot since yesterday!!

like 5 less pimples

vitamin when i remember.

I've been on Minocycline twice - about 4 years part - and both times it cleared me up 100%. A single course (i forget how many pills that was) kept me clear for about a year. It's the only thing i've ever found that cleared me up completely. It took about 10-14 days for it to take effect.

I'm unable to take it now due to being on anti-biotics for an unrelated issue, but i would recommend it to anyone, even though, ultimately, it isn't a long term 'cure'.

I'm on it an definately break out less, I've been on it for about two months though and have about 2 pimples but lots of red marks

I'm on it an definately break out less, I've been on it for about two months though and have about 2 pimples but lots of red marks

yeah, i have a lot of red marks from retin-a.. so thats great, i'm just going to get more :/

but I guess getting rid of acne for a little while will be better than always having it.

i'm on day 4!! Can't wait until the second week :D

and I don't have much sun sensitivity yet

I was out today for about a half hour and got a little color, but didn't burn!! :))

vitamin when i remember.

yeah, i have a lot of red marks from retin-a.. so thats great, i'm just going to get more :/

but I guess getting rid of acne for a little while will be better than always having it.

I was out today for about a half hour and got a little color, but didn't burn!! :))

Good luck with the mino. I was on it for 6 months 100mg a day. My first month i was clear as can be and thought finally something that works, then after that all hell began to break loose again :(. I became resistant to it :(

My Vitamin B5 Log

To be upset over what you don't have, is to waste what you do have

Good luck with the mino. I was on it for 6 months 100mg a day. My first month i was clear as can be and thought finally something that works, then after that all hell began to break loose again :(. I became resistant to it :(

ahhh :'(

well, i guess i should take everyone's reaction to the drug like a grain of salt.

everyone's experience is different.

I hope mine's positive, thanks for the luck :)

vitamin when i remember.

crappy day 7

i don't see anything better since the first night.

I guess it's still the first week.. but my acne's just really at it's worst right now and i want it to be gone when I go to Michigan in a week.. prob not going to happen

but hopefully it will get back to normal at least.

and I'm getting acne marks like crazyyy :cry:

vitamin when i remember.

Im quite sure my course of minocycline for 6 months caused me to start losing hair...

that's odd.

:ninja: my hair betta not start to recede lol i'm too young :redface:

vitamin when i remember.

Thats what ive been saying for a few months :( Although i must admit mino completly cleared up my acne, which was pretty bad. Even now Ive been off of it for around 2 months i still get acne but no where near the the extent i had before. If i didnt get any side effects like i did i would recommend mino to anyone...

The Mino packaging states that roughly 1 in 10,000 can experience hair loss, so while it is possible, the odds are certainly against it.

Not sure i would stay on it for 6 months, though. I did a course (about 56 pills), then i was clear for about 18 months afterwards. Going to see my doctor next week to see if i can get back on it. Apparently the 'Acnamino' brand is fine to use with the other medication i take, so fingers crossed.

My skin was literally 100% clean when i was taking it. I looked just like a normal person(!) - and all i had to do to maintain it was just wash twice daily with Dove sensitive and nothing else. None of this endless cycle of BP/Moisturizing/paranoia that i'm currently enduring with half-arsed results.