Photo

My Journey to Getting Rid of Pitted Scars.

boxcar icepick co2 dermabrasion mederma makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

First entry:

Picture_816.jpg
Picture_817.jpg

I just thought I'd write this for myself and organize some thoughts. Maybe get some feedback in the making. Though I don't have huge craters in my face, I have shallow rolling / icepick / boxcar / and a bunch of scarred + enlarged pores. My face looks a mess. I'm overwhelmed by the information I've been finding over the internet to help my face. Acne.org, Makeupalley.com, Healthboards.com, Realself.com, Google, and the list goes on and on. I feel overwhelmed just by typing about it.

BTW: Retin-A GAVE ME SCARS. No lie about it. When I stopped it, I stopped getting scars. When I started again, it scarred pores! Some disagree and say Retin-A can't do that, but I know it did. Others have claimed it did the same.

Anyways, I bought a bunch of stuff over the internet that claims can solve my problem. I probably shouldn't have bought them all at once, but I did.

[1] 10% Mandelic Acid (gardenofwisdom.com)
[2] Green Cream Level 6 (skincarerx.com) *Samples at: (dianayvonne.com) *Read about it at: (greencream.com)
[3] Mama Lotion 20% (skincarerx.com)
[4] Epidermx II (goldportbeauty.com)
[5] Silkia Camellia Oil (goldportbeauty.com)
[6] Emu Oil (platinumskincare.com)
[7] Diamond Dermabrasion Cream (platinumskincare.com)
[8] CP Serum (skinbio.com) I decided to return it though after reading it can ruin your skin.
[9] Mederma

- I have Differin & Tazorac... that I probably won't use.

Don't tell me topicals can't get rid of scars, because I've talked to plenty of people that have claimed to get rid of their indented scars. It just takes patience.

"Good things come to those who wait."

Now, I have no idea of how my regimin will be like. I have sensitive skin and almost everything makes it worse. But I PROMISE I WILL make these scars unnoticeable/get rid of them in less than a year - without laser. I'm going to do it. No negative feedback please.

I must say I'm scared shitless that my scars may get worse. Which is why I haven't tried anything yet except the Silkia Camellia Oil for 3 weeks so far which plumped up my skin, made dents less noticeable, and gave my face a glowy, dewy, healthy look.

Also:
[1] One-a-day Women's Multivitamin
[2] Spring Valley's Vitamin C w/ Rosehips 1,000MG
[3] Spring Valley's B-complex
*All helps skin and overall health*
Washing with Rosehip Cleanser (dianayvonne.com)

My very last option would be SmartXide Dot Fractional Co2 Laser.

Edited by Sapphire Lily, 19 May 2010 - 04:39 PM.

#2 almost pretty

almost pretty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

good luck to you!! topicals can definitely help. i love garden of wisdom and 2 of markeys products have really helped my indents. first i used the go away scar cream. the major ingredient in that is emu oil along with a lot of other good stuff. i saw major improvement but it caused breakouts. so i moved on to the renew cream. i have been using this for 7 weeks now and it has definitely helped to smooth out my skin and even out my skin tone. as far as cp goes, i wont use some of those products for the same reason as you but ive heard that the super ghk from skin bio is the one cp product that wont cause your face to go through that "ugly period". my skin is still far from perfect but the texture/marks have really improved. wish you the best!

#3 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

im glad you are staying away from the Copper Peptides. They really broke me out badly. I'm curious to see how you go with your new system. you've clearly put a lot of effort into it smile.gif

#4 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (almost pretty @ May 15 2010, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good luck to you!! topicals can definitely help. i love garden of wisdom and 2 of markeys products have really helped my indents. first i used the go away scar cream. the major ingredient in that is emu oil along with a lot of other good stuff. i saw major improvement but it caused breakouts. so i moved on to the renew cream. i have been using this for 7 weeks now and it has definitely helped to smooth out my skin and even out my skin tone. as far as cp goes, i wont use some of those products for the same reason as you but ive heard that the super ghk from skin bio is the one cp product that wont cause your face to go through that "ugly period". my skin is still far from perfect but the texture/marks have really improved. wish you the best!

I'm glad you've found stuff to help your indents! Your regimin seems so simple. Hopefully I can find the right one soon (: I've had many people tell me topicals won't work - well they can kiss our @$$, lol. Topicals over a time of use can do more than an expensive laser treatment. Thanks and I wish you the best also!

#5 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (cartwheeling_monkey @ May 15 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im glad you are staying away from the Copper Peptides. They really broke me out badly. I'm curious to see how you go with your new system. you've clearly put a lot of effort into it smile.gif

I've talked to people that have claimed CP serum gave them icepick scars, but I've also read success stories on it. I just don't want to gamble my face with that! I'm still not sure of what my regimin will be like, but I will eventually. Thanks for the reply (:

#6 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Sapphire Lily @ May 16 2010, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cartwheeling_monkey @ May 15 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've talked to people that have claimed CP serum gave them icepick scars, but I've also read success stories on it. I just don't want to gamble my face with that! I'm still not sure of what my regimin will be like, but I will eventually. Thanks for the reply (:

ice pick scars, yeah i can agree with that. i dont think the cp serum causes them directly, but it leads to breaking out, which leads to more scarring. i have no idea what was in it, but yeah it sent my skin mad big time. theres a lot of other products out there designed to improve the skin, e.g EGF creams and light therapy. most of these are beneficial after actual treatments e.g lasering, needling, TCA cross etc.

i gave creams a try a few years ago, amongst peels which are stronger and although i did see some results, i never saw enough of them. so pretty darn curious to see your results ! if i remember well your skin looked nice smile.gif

#7 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (cartwheeling_monkey @ May 15 2010, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ice pick scars, yeah i can agree with that. i dont think the cp serum causes them directly, but it leads to breaking out, which leads to more scarring. i have no idea what was in it, but yeah it sent my skin mad big time. theres a lot of other products out there designed to improve the skin, e.g EGF creams and light therapy. most of these are beneficial after actual treatments e.g lasering, needling, TCA cross etc.

i gave creams a try a few years ago, amongst peels which are stronger and although i did see some results, i never saw enough of them. so pretty darn curious to see your results ! if i remember well your skin looked nice smile.gif

Well, thanks... but you remembered wrong, lol. Or because I got some new scars. I added some pictures to this thread just now. Eekkk..

Edited by Sapphire Lily, 15 May 2010 - 10:00 PM.

#8 mies

mies

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:19 PM

I think this thread is very interesting since there haven't been logs about natural scar treatmenst solution before. Good luck Sapphire Lily, I hope you will succeed! smile.gif

#9 jjj333kkk2

jjj333kkk2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

For god's sake, you are wasting your time. The topicals are worthless on their own. You'll get veterans on this scar board telling you the same thing. If you don't want to shell out the big bucks for surgery/laser then at least do at-home dermarolling or tca cross. The creams only supplement and improve the results of these treatments; they don't replace them.

#10 Corsair

Corsair

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

You can't get rid of scars, just improve their look. We are all still waiting for some stem cell solution, since the dermis do not regenerate.

#11 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Most of them are active acne scars, which means they're still trying to heal. So don't tell me no topicals will help them... mmmkk thanks! And I KNOW people who have filled in their scars, new or old, almost 100% - with topicals. I've also read it in many threads and sites. So if you tell me it's not possible, then I say you're close-minded. I will get rid of them and show pictures to prove it... even if it takes a whole year. I don't know why you want to rain on my parade; maybe you're suffering from acne scars or you spent lots of money/time fixing them. Some people don't have the kind of money/time/knowledge to fix them. I don't see why you feel the need to take someone's hopes away.

Edited by Sapphire Lily, 17 May 2010 - 04:14 PM.

#12 SpikeFulton

SpikeFulton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

I wish you the best of luck and I look forward to seeing you progress. Make sure you stick with it and keep your positive attitude. I think a lot of the reason that treatments don't work for some people is they give up if they don't see results right away. So I will be cheering for you and hope you succeed and reach your goals.

#13 nuli

nuli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

hi, i have scars very similar to yours, same spot and depth. I haven't really tried anything to clear them up cause im on accutane atm. but i plan on getting fraxel repair done once my cycle is over. I already met with the derm (houston tx) and he said it would be $1500 for both cheeks. Not too bad!

Let me know if u have any progress with topicals, i have had people tell me that grape seed oil helps but i am skeptical.

#14 imout

imout

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

i'd say my right face is similiar to yours maybe, kinda hard to tell but your scars are not deep at all but hope your regimen works for you and you should maybe start saving for laser treatment if all fails alos your very pretty btw biggrin.gif

#15 Q_P

Q_P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:01 PM

Why are you using Green Cream if you think Retin-A caused your scarring? Isn't the active ingredient retinol, which is basically a weak version of tretinoin, the active ingredient in Retin-A?

You could also look into trying this moisturiser: http://www.xtend-lif...ream_Women.aspx

It comes with a money-back guarantee and claims to boost collagen production. I've been using it for a few weeks and it makes my skin look nicer, but I need a lot more time before I can say if it helps with scarring at all. Anyway, the ingredients are all really good for healing!

Good luck with your scar reduction attempt! smile.gif

#16 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

I was going to say the same thing about the green cream.

Good luck.

#17 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (QuirkyPixy @ May 17 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are you using Green Cream if you think Retin-A caused your scarring? Isn't the active ingredient retinol, which is basically a weak version of tretinoin, the active ingredient in Retin-A?

You could also look into trying this moisturiser: http://www.xtend-lif...ream_Women.aspx

It comes with a money-back guarantee and claims to boost collagen production. I've been using it for a few weeks and it makes my skin look nicer, but I need a lot more time before I can say if it helps with scarring at all. Anyway, the ingredients are all really good for healing!

Good luck with your scar reduction attempt! smile.gif

Good point. But although similar, they're different in many ways. Retin-A is way more harsh too. I've been using Green Cream and it has yet to scar any pore like Retin-A did. I guess I didn't give GC more thought into how it is similar to RA. sad.gif This sucks!

Maybe I should give that a try... also... but it does contain Beeswax and more ingredients that could be clog-porring, which is not good for me.

Ugh. I'm so frustrated.

BTW Thanks for the replies everyone.

#18 masg

masg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

Have you considered trying some peels? I am curious about they're effectiveness on scarring.

I was considered gycolic 70% and lactic 85%.

#19 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (masg @ May 18 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you considered trying some peels? I am curious about they're effectiveness on scarring.

I was considered gycolic 70% and lactic 85%.

Yes, I've considered/am considering some peels. Though a professional one first 'cause I'm scared to do it myself! I don't know what kind though.

#20 Lilly.em

Lilly.em

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:12 PM

Good luck! Let us know how it works for you!