Photo

which oil is better

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:32 AM

manuka oil has antiseptic, antiviral, and antifungal properties...but does not say antyhing about comedogenicity

so does tea tree oil (except manuka is stronger)

emu oil is the best transdermal carrier and should not clog pores

jojoba oil falls in pretty close

has anyone tried camelia oil? it does not purport to have any of these anti- activities but it sounds like a good hydrator....

or rosewood oil?

so if i wanted to moisturize (add a couple drops in with Cetaphil) without breaking out which is the best choice?

btw, where is jc??

#2 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:46 AM

Don't believe it when Cetaphil says it's "non-comedogenic" on the bottle. It's got a lot of pore clogging ingredients.

IMHO, the manuka oil and honey gel from Living Nature is the best; it moisterizes, tones, tightens, and helps acne all at the same time.

As far as oils go....emu oil is good for it's anti-inflammatory properties. Jojoba is good for blackheads (helps break them down).

But a good all-around skin gel for acne prone skin is manuka oil and honey gel. You can get it at http://www.allnaturalcosmetics.com/

#3 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2004 - 02:59 PM

denise

what would you suggest i use instead of Cetaphil? i have read about Aquanil and it claims to have sodium lauryl sulfate which should not clog pores...

however, i do agree that using anything manufactured is bad for your skin. thanks!!

#4 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:21 PM

I suggested the manuka oil and honey gel........ smile.gif Cethaphil can be very irritating for acne prone skin. Lord only knows why derms recommend it to people with acne. I know it doesn't seem to break some people out; well, good for them. But if you have active acne, and it doesn't seem to help, best to stop using it. It's obviously not helping. The manuka oil and honey gel has vitamin e in it, and honey is very moisterizing. The product used to have aloe vera in it, but according to recent ingredients lists, it doesn't anymore....I dunno why. Some people have even said it helped dry patches and excema.

#5 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:41 PM

lol i must have misread. i thought that the manuka oil and honey was just a gel not a cleanser. i'm going to buy that tomorrow morning...

#6 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:17 PM

uh... manuka oil and honey gel is not a cleanser... but maybe it could be used as a cleanser

#7 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:18 AM

Actually, I misunderstood you, Malia. You said that "if I wanted to moisterize"....I didn't know you were using Cetaphil facial cleanser; I thought you were using the moisterizer (they make one). Manuka oil and honey gel isn't a facial cleanser, though you'd be 1000% better if you'd switch to one that doesn't have so many chemicals. There are plenty at your local healthfood store, you oughta go check them out.

#8 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

ahhh ok denise...disaster avoided wink.gif

i'm wary of cleansers that change the pH of my skin because i've realized i get fewer infections if i use soapless cleansers. i am also wondering if there is something i could make in my own kitchen as a cleanser...will check into that later.

thanks for all your help!