Photo

Vitamin B5 Gulpin'

vitamin b vitamin b5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 Melancholy

Melancholy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:03 PM

Ok, I will be receiving my B5 anyday now. I'll be tracking my complete progress and post any useful and relevant info. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it works. :unsure:

#2 Melancholy

Melancholy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:49 PM

Alright, I got my B5 yesterday and only difference is that my stomache has been grumbling a bit. I have moderate acne on my jaw line, upper lip, and chin with tiny little bumps on my forehead....we shall see what happens.........

#3 Melancholy

Melancholy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:30 PM

Day 3: , I noticed I wasn't getting the usual I get each and every other day. Instead of getting about 4 or so every other day, I got about 3 in a total of 3 days.
Day 5: I started 10mg yesterday, and notice i'm breaking out.

#4 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:25 AM

Why the hell are you trying B5? If you have acne due to hormonal imbalance mainly, try B6 (pyridoxine) instead of B5. Pyridoxine is much more affective in this case. Take it along with B2, which activates the pyridoxine. B5 will help a very little bit, but not much. Furthermore it will totally not be affective on any long run, so the very little effect it has will only be very temporarily. If you want to get stuck to your B5, just take the whole B-complex (at least B50 twice a day). Mainly B2/B6 50mg and the B5 50mg a little bit will do the job.

#5 CursedSkin

CursedSkin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:18 AM

or you could just take evolution x which contains b5 plus b6.b2.zinc. biotin and all that other good stuff

#6 Melancholy

Melancholy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2004 - 11:02 PM

I'm taking it to see if Dr. Lit-Hung Leung's study works as written about here.
http://www.pantothen...e_vulgaris.html

Anyways, I'm on Day 10 right now. About 2 days ago, I started feeling a little dizzy so I went down to 5mg and i think i'm only going to increase the dosage to about 7 or 8 mg. At 10mg, when I'm at work and I bend over I feel my head a little oozy so I think that might not be too good. Anyone experience this, then have it go away after a while? Anyways, It's kinda hard to say if it's working or not, i'll keep using it, even though i'm not on the official documented 10mg.

-Caesar

#7 hgspikes

hgspikes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:13 AM

Where did you purchase your B5, Melancholy? I can't seem to find it in the local stores.

#8 Melancholy

Melancholy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(hgspikes @ Aug 2 2004, 12:00 AM)
Where did you purchase your B5, Melancholy? I can't seem to find it in the local stores.

I purchased it from www.swansonvitamins.com

They seemed to have great prices and come in a bottle of 250 capsules, consisting of 500mg. I got 2 bottles for 21.19, including S/H.

-Caesar

#9 t-glo2

t-glo2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2004 - 03:11 AM

just wondering, does b5 reduce oiliness and redness?

#10 MasterChief

MasterChief

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2004 - 06:28 AM

B5 definitely reduces oil. It's so effective at this that some people need to start using a moisturizer after taking it awhile so that their face doesn't become too dry. I'm taking B5, and though there is a decrease in oil, I don't think I'll be needing to do that; my face is extremely oily again by the time I'm home from work at about 7PM (about ten hours after washing...lol). Over time it definitely improves skin tone and complexion...shrinking pores and whatnot...but don't expect to take a pill and for a red/irritated spot to be gone the next day.

I have to highly recommend B5.

--J

#11 HAZIZO

HAZIZO

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:15 AM

MasterChief
how much B5 do you take?

#12 Melancholy

Melancholy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:04 PM

Day 17: At first I was noticing a difference, but now i'm really not. I"m still continuing to get breakouts, like 5 bumps within 2 days and I'm not sure If I should continue.....hmmm i'll see what I decide to do sad.gif

#13 gmpymahny

gmpymahny

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:23 PM

hey do not stop b5 after only 17 days. i started b5 in the beginning of october 2003 and by the time i left for school in early january 2004 is when my face actually was completely clear since starting the b5. b5 takes up to 2 and a half to three months to really work and it saved my life. i went from getting atleast one new zit a day to maybe now one zit a month. dont stop for atleast 2 months from now and take 20 of those swanson pills a day spread in fives through out the day im down to 5 pills a day and is still working great. peace.

#14 MasterChief

MasterChief

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:47 PM

I take Evolution X, and as per the procedure they recommend, I take 10g's daily (20 pills, 500mgs each). I spread it all out of course in 4 doses.

My experience with B5, was this...I got Evo X a while ago, and just as I ran out of the stuff, my father said I was practially totally clear, joking "it's a miracle!". He claimed a 90% improvement; this was a stretch, lighting was good at the time. Nonetheless, improvement was profound. Anyway, since I ran out, I broke out again and now I'm back where I started. I ordered 2 bottles and am halfway into the first. I do not intend to ever run out again, for any length of time. I witness that slacking at all, especially missing your bedtime dose, is just asking for pimples. I intend to be quite extremely clear after using this stuff for three months, after it'll have improved my complexion substantially and my scars will have diminished. By the way, I have a more annoying sort of moderate acne (it's not just a bit worse than minor; it's just a bit better than severe).

--J

#15 ladyzit

ladyzit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(MasterChief @ Aug 7 2004, 10:47 PM) View Post

I take Evolution X, and as per the procedure they recommend, I take 10g's daily (20 pills, 500mgs each). I spread it all out of course in 4 doses.

My experience with B5, was this...I got Evo X a while ago, and just as I ran out of the stuff, my father said I was practially totally clear, joking "it's a miracle!". He claimed a 90% improvement; this was a stretch, lighting was good at the time. Nonetheless, improvement was profound. Anyway, since I ran out, I broke out again and now I'm back where I started. I ordered 2 bottles and am halfway into the first. I do not intend to ever run out again, for any length of time. I witness that slacking at all, especially missing your bedtime dose, is just asking for pimples. I intend to be quite extremely clear after using this stuff for three months, after it'll have improved my complexion substantially and my scars will have diminished. By the way, I have a more annoying sort of moderate acne (it's not just a bit worse than minor; it's just a bit better than severe).

--J

#16 ladyzit

ladyzit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(ladyzit @ Oct 6 2006, 12:19 PM) View Post

QUOTE(MasterChief @ Aug 7 2004, 10:47 PM) View Post

--J
After doing my own research on B5, I decided what the heck -- and I got some. I cannot BELIEVE the difference. My face usually is a regular oil well. People talk about being oily by noon. For me, within an HOUR of washing in the morning, I'm already greasy. Not any more! By the THIRD DAY I noticed the oil was gone. I thought it was just a fluke -- that I wanted it to work so bad that I THOUGHT I was noticing less oil. But I went through the whole next day without oil, and the next and the next. My nose didn't feel like a strawberry anymore -- it felt like glass! Wow! I also wanted to mention that I don't do the four or five times a day thing. I take 10 pills in the a.m. and 10 pills before bed. It's still working that way. I see the benefit in taking more a day -- constantly keeping B5 in your system -- but I know I would not stick to a five times a day regimen. I'm thinking of switching to three times a day, and throwing a dose in with my lunch that I make every night. BUT I don't know -- if it's working at this dose, hey -- it ain't broke, don't fix! I notice some weird things that I just always got used to. Like now, my eyeglasses and sunglasses don't slip down my nose all day -- or at all. I haven't noticed a reduction in zits yet, just the oiliness is gone. I think the zits will go away in time. I'm 38, and my zits got worse this summer after I went off the birth control pill. I didn't know you could get patches of brown (melasma) on your face from using the pill for 17 years. They don't tell ya that! I initially went on the pill for my acne (OK, other reasons, too). So of course, when I went off the pill, my acne exploded. (bad pun!) Especially around my period. I'm a teacher, and my students made comments about my acne! I even get NECK zits!!! Scary. Anyway, I have high hopes for B5. If it can reduce oil, it will reduce acne. Also, my skin doesn't feel so itchy anymore like it did before B5. Wow, acne my whole life and it turns out the cure is a vitamin! I always wanted vitamin A to work like retin-A.

#17 Doff

Doff

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:15 AM

keats! why do you say that b5 dont work? are you an idiot?
Oily skinn comes due to hormonal imbalance. and to reduce the oil b5 works exellent. B6 doesnt reduce your oil production so why do you say that b6 works better????

#18 Guest_been13years_*

Guest_been13years_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

ttack pm'd me about the B5.

#19 Adam122234

Adam122234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:01 AM

B5 didn't do jack shit for me. I took an entire 500mg bottle full of 100...

I didn't see any effects....except that the pills are HUGE. IMHO Vitamins are USELESS and don't do jack shit for acne...nor do they more than likely do anything for anything else.

#20 gbgadriano

gbgadriano

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:00 PM

have u got chapped lips using b5?
i have mild acne.. do u recommend to use the common dosage? (10g/day)????

kind regards,
adriano