4 replies to this topic

#1 0circle0

0circle0

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

The only thing I have not tried is a complete diet change. Otherwise I have used ever known product with little to no results and what little results I do get are gone shortly.

So what am I going to do about it? Vegan. Full vitamin supplement list including a 1 a day, Calcium, flaxseed oil, and V8 juice and black beens for potassium.

I shouldn't have any vitamin deficiencies other then maybe Vitamin K.(Just need to get broccoli)

There really isn't a point if I diet and not exercise...so...I will be trying to hit something around 2500-3000 calorie burn for 3 weeks while I take in 1100-1200 calories a day. Giving about 1300-1700 calorie deficit or 1LB lost every 2 days.

I am hoping this helps my acne. If this doesn't then I don't know what will. I will continue washing my face with special soaps and use BP for touch up on new spots that I get.

***Anyone have any experience for someone new going to a full vegan diet?***

By the way I love meat so this diet doesn't have any significant meaning morally. Just physically and health reasons.

#2 mattsushi

mattsushi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

Diet doesn't really effect my acne, though if i get real drunk it causes me to breakout. Cutting back on meat would be good just for overall health. If none of the products you have tried work then why continue to use them? I've been doing nothing but rinsing with water and it seems to be doing me some good. My skin looks and feels better and seems to be clearing up. Even if it doesn't really clear up, atleast I won't be having to waste time and money on some ineffective routine.

#3 justwannabefree

justwannabefree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

I think diet definitely does help with controlling people's acne. Perhaps even more so than using a bunch of topicals and whatnot. Although I don't really know if you have to totally eliminate meat from your meals but if that's what you want to try then by all means. =)

Why I say this is because I've been dealing with the stuff on and off for 10 years now - was only really 100% clear after doing a cycle of Accutane but it ended up coming back a year later - and have only now gotten it back under control. I only get one or two zits every week or so and even if I do they're very small and go away very quickly. What am I currently dealing with though, is trying to get rid of scarring and red marks. =/

Anyways, in the past I used to spend hundreds of dollars buying all tons of expensive supplements, face washes, cleansers, masks, peeling lotions etcetc. and nothing every really seemed to fix up my skin. Now I only use hot and cold water in the morning, and a simple face wash in the evening followed by coconut oil as a moisturizer.

I ensure I drink a cup of vegetable juice (one of those which are meant to replace your daily intake in one glass), two cups of aojiru (a Japanese health drink), lots of water/rooibos tea, and some calpis water throughout the day. I also eat yogurt in the morning and a ton of vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, spinach, celery, carrots) at lunch and dinner. I don't restrict myself in terms of dairy, types of meat etc. and I don't break out even if I go drinking. I also eat whatever I want when I go out (although its not like I'd purposely go out of my way to pick the unhealthiest food options available).

I try to walk 10,000 steps a day (yay for cell phone being able to count that stuff for me), run + swim 3~4 times a week, and on weekdays, try to sleep by 11 pm or midnight latest.

In answer to your question though, I think it took about 2 months or so for the highly increased veggie intake to have a positive effect on my body - or rather, for me to notice it. Good luck!

#4 0circle0

0circle0

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

I have been doing the diet for 2 weeks now. I notice a difference in my face as I haven't gotten any new breakouts. The chest acne is, well just gone now. The back is getting better.

I did change locations from Wisconsin to Georgia. Not only the location change but I am spending nearly all my time out side in the direct sun, without a shirt. Needless to say I am getting tan and that is probably what is making everything look better. Acne is red, tan is red. Natural cover-up Haha.

#5 special

special

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:22 PM

the sun might be the contributing factor in my opinion. it does for me. when i went to hawaii last year the little acne on my back completely went away as the acne and spots on my face. the sun can truly be awesome for some people.
about two months on current regimen:

cetaphil cleanser
cetaphil moisturizing cream
differin .03% gel

improving slowly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users