Ally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:relaxing

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:25 PM

Has anyone in the UK seen this show.

Basically each week the focus in on a really unhealthy family who have the worst diet possible. This health nutritionist then comes in and tells them what they are doing wrong, gives them a new healthy diet.

One family of five were eating thirty kilos of processed meat a month and twelve loathes of the cheapest white bread you could buy each week, plus about six bottles of coke a week. They complained they didn't have enough money to eat healthily but they spent £80 a week on carry outs.

Anyway the interesting bit is when she comes back eight weeks later to see how the family are doing. All of them lose lots of weight and a multiple of problems dissapear like cramp, headaches, cramp, lack of sex drive, low energy, deppression etc.
And they all look amazing plus none of them want to go back to their heart attack style diet because they all feel and look so good.
Currently recovering from prolonged moderate breakout

Current Regim:
Trying to avoid: Dairy/Sugar/Carbs/Processed Foods/Alcohol/Caffeine
Suplements: zinc/multi-vitamin/fish oil/ACV tablets/vitamin C/B5
Topicals:coconut oil/Jojoba oil/ACV AM and PM, washing with olive oil soap, BP AM and PM
Current status: couple of small angry white heads which is annoying but they clear up pretty quickly, mainly red marks and scars though

#2 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:31 PM

A lot of people are surprised at what symptoms go away when they change their diet that they never expected to. My mother, for instance, was happy to find out that her knee pain went away with the Atkins diet.
99.5% Clear (skin gets 'congested' PMS week, but no actual breakouts)
---------------------------
Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes + a few drops Rimmel Makeup Remover solution
3/4 AHA Toner* & 1/4 Glycerin (cotton pad) -- good toner, moisturizer, and makeup base (use less glycerin if not under makeup)
Occasional Treatments (2-3x/week): Exfoliating bp wash* in shower, 2.5% bp lotion* at night
CoverGirl TruBlend Powder Foundation
* = Klear Action Kit (Pro-Activ knockoff)
Gluten-free diet (for non-acne reasons, but it seems to have cleared my acne)

#3 Peter

Peter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:47 PM

Since i started eating very healthfully 2 years ago, i've noticed all the things that experts say about improved nutrition: more energy, no illness. Eating well is preventative medicine. I encourage everyone adopt a healthy diet.

Also, alcohol is horrible for your body (i am not speaking about wine). There is no nutritional benefit from consuming it. Stop drinking alcohol. I realize this may sound ridiculous to some. However, those who are drinking now and continue to do so will pay for their choice with health problems in their later lives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users