Photo

Hard Sebum inside every pimple and many pores need urgent help please

blackhead blackheads pimple pimples pus

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 scarr

scarr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (Corsair @ May 27 2010, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After taking antibiotics for so long, which I think is wrong since you should take antibiotics for two to three months until you are clear then stop, that use to happen. I think you need to use AHA so little by little eliminate those bumps. that happens to me once but then it went to normal, no more hard sebum. You can also use spot treatments with SA, like Effaclar AI or Vichy Normaderm Concentrate stuff. Antibacterial is also needed, like BP and essentials oils.

I was unaware of any of this at the time. My doc told me I could stay on them for years until my acne is gone. Hell even the lad at the chemist told my mum he was on them for years and never had a problem. My dad told me all along never to take those anti biotics for such a long time.

Heres the problem

• They dont go away by themselves I had some sitting in my face for 6months plus wondering what these things were I assumed they were scars because some of the big ones just looked like holes in my face. Other were just a huge lump under the skin with a pore I knew was the only exit hole.
  • Think of acne and think of these, replace every pimple you get with these things...
  • If aha were to rid me of them it would rid me of 1 whilst 20 new ones appear in that amount of time
  • Theyre long/big/deep an the large ones are wide making them hard to extract from a small pore. Ive removed ones that are easily 5mm in length and atleast 2 that were bigger then that.

I havent heard of the other things you mentioned but ultimately do you think they will help? I have so many scars from these things so I actually want them gone for good!

QUOTE (.JacktheLad. @ May 27 2010, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey scarr, i feel your pain ive recently squeezed 4 out my skin sad.gif

im going to try differin and duac. if no luck then accutane for me also.

let me know what you decide ok biggrin.gif take care bud x

They are a real pain do yours tend to leave scabs? Mine do due to the blackhead and also because of the force required and trust me I know you shouldnt pick. eusa_boohoo.gif

I wish you good luck because I have had none yet.

I will inform you I am finally on Accutane and have just passed 2months. I cant say for sure whether its helping yet but ultimately it probably will after 6 months. My concern is mainly whether or not it will return.

I used to have really oily skin and since the anti biotics have had dry skin but all the sebum blocks up my pores it seems. I cant seem to explain it so I'll see what accutane does I suppose...

All the best mate smile.gif

#22 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

hey guys,

im almost finished accutane (in my second last month) and i have these too. i asked my derm about them today, mainly because all my other acne is gone and these remain.

he told me once a pimple dries out under the skin, you are left with hard sebum. he said they will never come out on their own and will need to be extracted.

he recommended i dont do this myself and to get it done professionally - to minimise the potential for any scarring.

anyhoo i hope this helps smile.gif

#23 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

great info. scarr keep me updated!

mr sun, that makes sense, this is what happens to me all the time, anyway to stop this?

#24 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (.JacktheLad. @ Sep 3 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great info. scarr keep me updated!

mr sun, that makes sense, this is what happens to me all the time, anyway to stop this?

my derm said there wasnt and i would need to get them extracted regularly.

i think if you did regular peels on yourself, your skin couldnt become as clogged.

#25 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

good idea.

i think ive had a mini break through or at least something that could be looked at

basically i had this nodule in my eyebrow that i went hammer and tong at. ruined the skin. so right away i applied VASELINE and over the next few weeks (2 weeks) and it healed nicely and one morning whilst in the shower i like rubbed my eyebrow and felt this hard sort of stone (small clump of hard sebum) just roll out..!

so im thinking, if you keep the skin moisturised then eventually the hard sebum will have to give up, or turn soft?

i wonder what good peel i could do without over drying the skin

#26 nomore1923

nomore1923

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

Anyone find something working for the sebum plugs.... I'm still struggling with them....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 Stiletto Ninja

Stiletto Ninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

I get lots of these :/ I can get some out myself but I find that its become easier since I've been oil cleansing. I think I'm considering getting a facial to get rid of them, anyone have suggestions?

#28 ohlawd

ohlawd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

i think i may be on the same boat. i took doxy for years and my acne wasn't even that bad. i've been off of it for years and now my face is breaking out worse than ever. huge pimples that take weeks to go away :( i started doxy when i was 14, stopped when i was 17, and now i'm almost 22. will this go away with time??

#29 Trevor244

Trevor244

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

Hey guys

I suggest use a tea tree oil face wash and wash your face SIX times a day its helping me not a little also drink loads of water because it reduces oil in the skin which helps cleanse the body

#30 aedsell

aedsell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

I know I'm late to this topic, but hopefully somebody will read this.  I am pushing senior citizen now, not quite there, but I dealt with acne from 14 to 44+.  In my 40s i used a supplement for joints.   it did nothing for my joints but I did notice that my skin was much smoother.  I had been plagued by the hard little nubs of sebum on my face, scalp and trunk.  I nosed around and finally figured out that the ingredient in the joint supplement that kept these nubs from developing was hyaluronic acid!!!  I have now been taking HA 20 mg by mouth for years.  I purchase it online at Puritans Pride and the price is really reasonable.  I wish I had known about this since age 14 as my horrible cystic acne might not have been a problem at all.  I hope this helps all who need it.