Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DOES ALCOHOL while on Accutane make my acne worse or prevent the accutane from working?

7 posts in this topic

i am on my 3rd accutane course now. during the entire duration of my second course, i was drinking heavily but achieved the clear skin i wanted

however, i am on my third cycle now and am on my 4th month (usually the month where everything stops) and am still seeing breakouts

i am wondering if alcohol hinders the accutane from working or if it makes it worse??

thanks

Neither. The reason you are told not to drink alcohol is because accutane is quite taxing on the liver. When you drink alcohol, your liver has to break it down, but it's already so taxed with the drug that you can cause real damage. Please don't drink while on accutane!

Sorry to push into your thread, but this is alcohol related..

I am due to go out in a few weeks, is it ok to have a few drinks ? Maybe 3/4 vodkas ??

well i drunk every weekend on accutane and worked fine, however there hangovers where really bad!! :catdance:

Maybe i wont then, lol..

I have sickness with my hangover, maybe i shouldn't push it, and maybe only have 1 or 2

everyone reacts differently so I'd see how you go.

Personally, I have found drinking absoloutley no problem at all,

although I have been finding myself get drunk way faster than normal.

i always try and drink laods of water when im drinking alcohol thouhg as i guess dryness + dehydration are a bad combo.

I was told no more than one unit per day. Any more than that and your liver won't cope. It has no effect on whether accutane works or not though, I believe.